Obsessed with Robert Downey jr

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 6:17 pm

It used to be Kurt Cobain that I was obsessed with. That was an unhealthy obsession that made me experiment with suicide. Now I have no interest in Kurt at all and have switched to Robert Downey Jr. Im worried I will become quite depressed once I run out of Robert DJ movies. It depresses me that he wont manifest infront of me so I can talk to him. It depresses me that after my stupid suicide attemt that ruined my body so I cant seek out and have sex or friendship with someone like RDJ.

I hope I dont become too depressed after those movies run out. Im not sure what Ill do in the evenings...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 8:35 pm

As long as you don't bother the person, it's okay to be obsessed with someone.

Why Robert Downey Jr?

fifasy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 9:02 pm

You will find love but learn to love yourself first. You're worth it. Your life is too valuable to end it. I can tell you're a loving person because to be obsessed with someone you have to care about them. However don't you think if you're going to love yourself too it's important to not become too obsessed with someone who you're unlikely to get the chance to know? I feel you should be kind to yourself by not pining after someone who lives a celebrity life because celebrities usually only meet and date other celebrities or rich people.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 9:38 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Why Robert Downey Jr?

Im not sure why I just lately think hes cool. It must be a special interest thing. My obsessions usually dont last. My obsession with Kurt Cobain was certainly not a healthy one. It feels good to have someone ask why my obsession with RDJ. Not sure why. Feels good to talk about it. I dont generaly obsess about normal people just celebrities from time to time, even though I think its stupid and wrong. Its a guilty pleasure.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 9:42 pm

It's better than feeling depressed.

Just as long as you don't stalk the guy or something.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 10:26 pm

The obsession doesnt sound bad. Its the "being depressed if I run out of his movies" part that is troubling.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 9:42 am

Its just hard to find good things to watch on netflix. I find most things on netflix stupid. If only Robert Downey Jr had a running series. That would be great.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 10:00 am

There is this guy named Charlie Sheen---who had a few series going on at once, but is now unemployed.

There were people who were obsessed with him. The only trouble: Sheen is an addict in many things.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 12:20 pm

Well I didnt know Sheen was an addict. I know RDJ was at one point but then gave it up after prison. Its what makes him seem so cool the fact he was in prison. I thought he would be an edgy character because of that but hes actually quite cuddly.lol Sigh. Why must we fall in love.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 4:57 am

Sarahsmith wrote:
Well I didnt know Sheen was an addict. I know RDJ was at one point but then gave it up after prison. Its what makes him seem so cool the fact he was in prison. I thought he would be an edgy character because of that but hes actually quite cuddly.lol Sigh. Why must we fall in love.

You can't love someone you've never met.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 4:23 pm

You cant love someone youve never met but you can become obsessed with a fantasy.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 1:23 am

You can severely crush on someone whom you have never met in person.

And in this internet age you can get "celebrity crushes" on individuals who aren't even celebrities (like fellow members of social websites you participate in).

And I am prone to succumbing to that myself.

A person bares their soul a few times, and then posts a selfie or two other times. So you get some sample of both what they look like, and who they are. And suddenly you find yourself emoting emotions about the person, and thinking about them away from the computer. But the person always lives thousands of miles away. And for that and other reasons is usually as unattainable as a Princess Kate, or Martin Downey Jr.. So you resign yourself to a one-way relationship with the person (you emote about them, but that don't about you)much like what you would have with a celeb.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 2:38 pm

My celebrity interest, of course, is Denis Istomin. I think I like him because he isn't necessarily the "household name" type of celebrity often discussed. I like him because he seems like a nice, articulate man, not at all a celebrity. His success despite the odds inspired me. He was all but discarded by doctors following a car accident as a teenager, but his mother's love and his will to succeed led him to make the ATP tour. I enjoy his friendly attitude and good sense of humor as well.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 12:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Why Robert Downey Jr?

I dig Robert Downey Jr, too! I'm not obsessed with him, because I'm not an obsessive person. But I definitely dig him.

rio76
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Aug 2017, 6:03 am

Sarahsmith wrote:

I hope I dont become too depressed after those movies run out. Im not sure what Ill do in the evenings...

you can rewatch those movies, if you haven't already done so. i am recently obsessed with another celebrity and have watched the show she is on a few times.

gradually you will find someone else you like and move on from there.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 8:59 pm

Plenty of people have celebrity crushes. I have one myself. :wink:

-Down, The Birthday Massacre