Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aran
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Jul 2017, 7:57 pm

Hello.

I'm new, and kinda overwhelmed here, and not sure where to begin.
I was diagnosed at young age, but kinda suppressed myself and was in denial for most of my life. Poor support outside of my intimidate family didn't help. I am high functioning, but my life is still a mess, and I'm dealing with depression, but I've made progress with that and am getting out of my shell.

I'm from a small town in Western PA, US. Very little support in the area so I'm feeling isolated, made worse by my "normal" aspie tendencies. At the risk of identifying too much about my town, I'll say that it's largely outgrown its self,
which is to say there are small town values, in what feels like an impersonal big town setting.

What support there is, Is largely geared towards lower functioning individuals. I hate to sound like this, But it's depressing for many reasons, Which I won't go in to yet.

The town itself is once again lacking, seemly stuck in the 50s or 40s (In some ways, it's a miracle we even have internet). If you're not into bars, church or sports, you're on your own.

A bit long winded, but that's the quick version of what I'm going through. I'm hoping to find some support, especially when I'm feeling my worst.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 8:16 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

shadowtag
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jul 2017, 8:40 am

Welcome.

I hope you find these forums helpful to you, and I pray you find the support and community you need, isolation is something many here can relate to.