Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 9:03 pm

Did anyone watched the first episode for 7th season? Did you like it?

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2017, 11:16 pm

Bit boring. Sam cleaned about the Maestars' poo. Danaerys went to Dragonstone peacefully capturing the island.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 2:35 pm

I thought it had a calm pace but I liked it. I enjoyed the Sam part, it was a bit fun the repetitiveness and a different kind of rhythm/cuts for the series, although his great discover seemed obvious and previously known, it should be something bigger. The Daenerys part I understand what they wanted, but it seems pretty weird that the island was all empty, they should at least had shown an excuse for it previously. I liked both Arya scenes, as well the Hound. I like Sansa mentioning Cersei, and I like the plot between Cersei and Euron. I'm excited for the next episodes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 2:44 pm

No, probably wont see any of it till all the episodes are out and I can buy the DVD, don't have HBO so yeah. Lol probably should not really read a lot of the responses if I don't want spoilers. Maybe I could try for that HBO go thing or whatever and just cancel subscription after Game of Thrones.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 4:06 pm

I thought it was a bit boring. But I understand that it's giving us background information for future, (hopefully) more exciting episodes.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 4:34 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
No, probably wont see any of it till all the episodes are out and I can buy the DVD, don't have HBO so yeah. Lol probably should not really read a lot of the responses if I don't want spoilers. Maybe I could try for that HBO go thing or whatever and just cancel subscription after Game of Thrones.

here, in Brazil, they put HBO on open signal for the premier, that's how I watched it. Next week, I'll try to watch via HBO go (my sister has it) but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able as my internet connection is very slow.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:12 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
I thought it had a calm pace but I liked it. I enjoyed the Sam part, it was a bit fun the repetitiveness and a different kind of rhythm/cuts for the series, although his great discover seemed obvious and previously known, it should be something bigger. The Daenerys part I understand what they wanted, but it seems pretty weird that the island was all empty, they should at least had shown an excuse for it previously. I liked both Arya scenes, as well the Hound. I like Sansa mentioning Cersei, and I like the plot between Cersei and Euron. I'm excited for the next episodes.

Well Stannis went north to the wall and if the Lannisters were going to easily take Dragonstone what would be point defending it?

Why not just leave it empty that's the thing.

Do you like Cersei and Samwell?

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:21 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

Well Stannis went north to the wall and if the Lannisters were going to easily take Dragonstone what would be point defending it?

not necessarily an army on Dragonstone, but there wasn't common people living there?

Yes, I like them. I like almost everyone in the series, sometimes I just dislike the Daenerys scenes.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:28 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

not necessarily an army on Dragonstone, but there wasn't common people living there?

Yes, I like them. I like almost everyone in the series, sometimes I just dislike the Daenerys scenes.
Maybe they just weren't shown. Its not like they would bother putting up a fight.

Is Samwell one of your favorite characters?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 6:46 am

It was what I was expecting, just setting things up so kinda meh.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 1:26 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

Maybe they just weren't shown. Its not like they would bother putting up a fight.

I think yes but it's difficult for me to pick favorites :D if I'm judging the characters as real people, he is definitely one of my favorites. As characters, I tend to favor more complex personalities (the reason I like Cersei).

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 7:09 am

ltcvnzl wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

I think yes but it's difficult for me to pick favorites :D if I'm judging the characters as real people, he is definitely one of my favorites. As characters, I tend to favor more complex personalities (the reason I like Cersei).

Cersei's interesting, very emotional and not very calculating. Cersei is so nasty. She burnt the Sept of Baelor, destroyed peace in the realm, and let Joffrey have a free reign. Just look at her.

A character I find interesting is Victarion, who ironically I think has a better mind for strategy than Cersei?

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2017, 6:40 pm

Something I've been thinking about during 7x03 and 7x04.

I know the writers just want to keep Jon at Dragonstone for a while, so they make him take a long time to decide what to do regarding Daenerys (Dany).

Does anyone else think the two should just get married? That way, both Jon and Dany can recognise each other as the ruler of the North. Jon won't lose as much respect from his northern men. Even if the nationalistic northerners reject being together with the south, I think it'll be better than if Jon swears fealty to a southerner. Dany will have an ally to help her win the Iron Throne, and Jon will have an ally to help him defeat the Night King.