Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 12:07 am

I think coffee is too strong for my stomach. Is there a way to get caffeine without having coffee?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 12:11 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I think coffee is too strong for my stomach. Is there a way to get caffeine without having coffee?

Tea, most cola beverages, Mountain Dew, and energy drinks, however the best remedy for fatigue is to sleep.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 12:14 am

NoDoz tablets, if you're an Aussie truck driver.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 12:35 am

Mountain Dew and energy drinks are very helpful for me.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 2:06 am

Tea or maybe try a light roast coffee.

Also, IMO avoid Starbucks. My feeling is they go to the extreme selling Char Roast. To me it tastes like they roasted their beans with microwaves.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jul 2017, 2:25 am

I don't drink coffee & I sometimes take Vivarin. Vivarin is a caffeine pill that has about the equivalent of a cup of coffee. I take it to help me wake up when I'm feeling tired. Other companies make them too like No Doz & there's generics/knockoffs. You can find them in the pharmacy section at stores like WalMart but I buy mine on eBay or Amazon depending on which is cheaper.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 4:41 am

Yeah, avoid Charbucks/Fourbucks.

I love coffee... the effect, not the taste. I think it's safer than pills tho so I drink it. I like my coffee white, btw. Lotsa milk. No sugar.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 8:32 am

Guarana has a higher caffeine content than coffee, but you might not find it any easier to tolerate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guarana

JustJim
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

19 Jul 2017, 9:34 am

There are chocolate candies spiked with caffeine. Cold brew coffee is less acidic.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:03 am

You can take caffeine in solid form. There are caffeine pills you can buy over the counter with out perscription in any 7-11 or drugstore.

But I would recommend mountain Dew. Pepsi and coke are only around 40 mg of caffeine. Coffee is 143. But Mountain Dew is 89 mgs. Since you can "slam a dew" ( even while a driving) a car faster and more easily than you can sip hot coffee you get the effect faster. So unlike most soda you feel the caffeine.

I dont like energy drinks. I find the sensation (that jolt to your heart beat) a bit scary.

seaweed
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 6:14 am

caffeinated chocolates are a thing.
i tried this kind the other day and definitely felt it. they tasted good too.

if you like tea go for black or yerba mate. i think also if you like prepackaged teas the brand celestial seasonings has a black tea & yerba mate blend. i forget what it's called but it has a bison on the box lol

cold brewed coffee does have significantly less acidity than regularly brewed coffee. you can make it at home easy if you have a french press, just pour cold water over grounds like usual but let it sit in the fridge overnight. in the morning, press. bam.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:12 pm

I hate not knowing about coffee. I been reading, it say dark roast has more caffeine.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:32 pm

seaweed wrote:

if you like tea go for black or yerba mate. i think also if you like prepackaged teas the brand celestial seasonings has a black tea & yerba mate blend. i forget what it's called but it has a bison on the box lol

cold brewed coffee does have significantly less acidity than regularly brewed coffee. you can make it at home easy if you have a french press, just pour cold water over grounds like usual but let it sit in the fridge overnight. in the morning, press. bam.

This is the celestial seasonings ones and I certainly really like it:

I also certianly find coffee to be a bit too acidic to drink all the time, so I switch it up with that tea...as well as energy drinks/soda with caffiene. Or I also found some yerba mate shots but then I still want something more to drink because that's just one little shot, it does give a nice energy boost though.

SaxNerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2017, 1:00 am

Kopiko, they're caffeinated coffee-flavoured lollies. I'm guessing you've already tried simply putting more milk in coffee. Coffee actually has a relatively small amount of caffeine compared to things like energy drinks and is much less bad for you, so if you can have those, you could probably just have coffee.

Please keep in mind that caffeine is a drug and therefore needs to be taken in moderation, I love it but I make a conscious effort to keep to 1-2 cups a day. If you're going to take caffeine for the purpose of staying awake, just be careful and only take it when you genuinely need it, otherwise your brain will adapt to it and you'll have to start taking more and more for it to be effective, to the point where it's dangerous.

For what it's worth, coffee has never kept me awake, every day at school/uni I'd drink one in the morning then fall asleep in class a few hours later. :?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:20 am

Espresso. No wait, nevermind.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 2:29 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
seaweed wrote:

This is the celestial seasonings ones and I certainly really like it:

I also certianly find coffee to be a bit too acidic to drink all the time, so I switch it up with that tea...as well as energy drinks/soda with caffiene. Or I also found some yerba mate shots but then I still want something more to drink because that's just one little shot, it does give a nice energy boost though.

I never saw this before, does it have green tea? Tea have less caffeine.