Russia Warns US Over Diplomatic Compounds Dispute

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 8:54 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/world/europe/russia-diplomatic-compounds.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 11:23 pm

To quote the movie, Re-Animator: "And what will they do? Embalm us?!?!"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 1:21 am

It's the beginning of ww3 for sure.

Thanks Obama.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 1:24 am

EzraS wrote:

Thanks Obama.

I doubt we're going to see any missiles flying over this.

Last edited by Kraichgauer on 19 Jul 2017, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 1:24 am

EzraS wrote:

Thanks Obama.

which is as accurate as blaming kermit the frog

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 3:53 am

Seriously though, I'm sure it's been claimed that Obama placed those sactions just to put Trump in a bind.

And I also have a feeling if Russia reciprocates, it's going to get blown way out of proportion like they're committing some kind of war crime against the US.

Wait and see, considering the current level of hyperbole and hysteria over Russia that already exists ...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 9:16 am

Obama put the sanctions on Russia because they were being aggressive to Ukraine, primarily.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 9:38 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Obama put the sanctions on Russia because they were being aggressive to Ukraine, primarily.

That was the Ukrainian sanctions, this story is about the compounds in the US that the US government confiscated for meddling in the election.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 9:39 am

EzraS wrote:

Thanks Obama.

EzraS wrote:
Seriously though, I'm sure it's been claimed that Obama placed those sactions just to put Trump in a bind.

And I also have a feeling if Russia reciprocates, it's going to get blown way out of proportion like they're committing some kind of war crime against the US.

Wait and see, considering the current level of hyperbole and hysteria over Russia that already exists ...

The only hyperbole and hysteria here is your own.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 10:10 am

Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Thanks Obama.

EzraS wrote:

This is no joking matter! Well okay that first quote was a joke.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 10:14 am

EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Thanks Obama.

EzraS wrote:

And yet, it's still the same hyperbole you're bitching about.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 10:39 am

Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Thanks Obama.

EzraS wrote:

So you're saying if Russia takes action against the United States, there's no way the media will sensationalize it? That no one will over react? Because that would be a first.

Last edited by EzraS on 19 Jul 2017, 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 10:41 am

EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Thanks Obama.

EzraS wrote:

So you're saying if Russia takes action against the United States, there's no way the media will sensationalize it?

We aren't talking the media, we're talking you throwing out hyperbole and then complaining about others doing the same. Focus on the ball or leave the game.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 10:48 am

Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Thanks Obama.

EzraS wrote:

So you're saying if Russia takes action against the United States, there's no way the media will sensationalize it?

We aren't talking the media, we're talking you throwing out hyperbole and then complaining about others doing the same. Focus on the ball or leave the game.

You're the one missing that ball. The media and a certain segment of society have a track record for sensationalism and over reaction involving Russia. To say my commenting on an established trend of hyperbole is an expression of hyperbole on my part is erroneous. I know where you want to go with this, but you're off track. Or off base. Either pun works.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 10:59 am

EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Thanks Obama.

EzraS wrote:

You're the one missing that ball. The media and a certain segment of society have a track record for sensationalism and over reaction involving Russia. To say my commenting on an established trend of hyperbole is an expression of hyperbole on my part is erroneous. I know where you want to go with this, but you're off track. Or off base. Either pun works.

Nice giant red-herring. Again, I'm concerned about YOU using hyperbole and then complaining about it. Consistency is the currency of conversation.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 11:12 am

Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Thanks Obama.

EzraS wrote:

Nice giant red-herring. Again, I'm concerned about YOU using hyperbole and then complaining about it. Consistency is the currency of conversation.

Like I said, I know where you were trying to go with that. Certain people get very miffed when I write about both Trump and Russia derangement syndrome. You are one of them. This is just your failed attempt at trying to turn the tables on me. Now keep insisting I'm being hyperbolic regarding whatever I have to say about well established hyperbole. It's good, however transparent, tactic.