Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2017, 9:53 pm

I'm a bit obsessed over it, I'm having some health issues and I'm checking some options but I'm so impressed thinking it's some kind of cancer, or some other serious condition. I'm so anxious and the whole process of identifying what is wrong with me is so slow

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 8:33 pm

go to a medical doctor.

strangers on the Internet do not have the legal right to assign diagnoses, or write prescriptions.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 8:48 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
go to a medical doctor.

strangers on the Internet do not have the legal right to assign diagnoses, or write prescriptions.

I'm already doing it – I'll do more exams tomorrow. I just wanted to talk about being a bit paranoid over it.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 8:40 am

The notion of it is:

If you have hit rock bottom and have nothing going for you in life, a cancer diagnosis might be a relief or a blessing because you know how low your life can get and you have experienced what its like to live with depression and feel like cancer is your salvation whether it brings you and your family together or the attention you desperately needed because you've been living through tough times.

On the other hand if your life has gone well, no ailments to slow you down, living in perfect health and harmony, your mind is conditioned to having good fortune bestowed upon you, and believe good deeds have led to good rewards; you fear that you lose all that you have gained in your life because you have the belief that cancer is the worst thing that could ever happen.

TLDR: Less fortunate people tend to accept cancer into their lives, more fortunate tend to be afraid more because they lead their lives in a positive outlook because everyone knows money can buy happiness.

Cardia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jul 2017, 6:22 pm

Ah, yes, I can definitely relate to this. I have had SO many health scares (mostly unfounded) which have resulted in many unpleasant anxiety and even panic attacks. I would Google symptoms and get worked up by overthinking the possibilities. Lesson learned... do not Google symptoms if you're like me and have GAD :oops:

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 9:21 pm

i have a huge nodule on my thyroid, it's seems to be a common thing and not necessary cancer... but when it's only one and big it seems (accordingly to the internet) most probably to be a cancer... i did some tests and i'll go to my doctor next week so i'll figure out what it is or maybe will need even more tests, i don't know

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 9:35 pm

More than 95% of all thyroid nodules are benign (non-cancerous growths).

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 1:31 am

Go to your doc and have them check you over, if you're a healthy specimen and don't have a terminal illness they will surely address your rampant anxiety, I know how it goes when fearing imminent death everyday, it's very harsh but each minute we are breathing without hassle is to be treasured, you deserve to know and be treated as well as possible if you have big problems and you deserve to have peace of mind if your body is hanging in there unaffected.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 2:47 pm

Syd wrote:
More than 95% of all thyroid nodules are benign (non-cancerous growths).

I know it – although mine have certain characteristics that are more dangerous to be cancerous, I'll need to make a FNA to check if it's cancerous or not. Also, I know even if it's cancer, this kind of cancer is often easy to deal with. It's just so slow to have a diagnosis :/

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 10:11 pm

Cardia wrote:
Ah, yes, I can definitely relate to this. I have had SO many health scares (mostly unfounded) which have resulted in many unpleasant anxiety and even panic attacks. I would Google symptoms and get worked up by overthinking the possibilities. Lesson learned... do not Google symptoms if you're like me and have GAD :oops:

________________________________________________________________________________

yeah i know huh.

for over 4 years, i have had 1 to 3 daily bowel movements. they take 30 minutes to 2 hours each. that could not possibly be healthful. numerous precious lil "people" have had the nerve to ask me "are you ok?". employees and security guards have had the nerve to kick me out the bathroom for taking too long.

Food Maxx, nordstroms, cafe leila, performance bikes, tuesday morning, walmart, starbucks, petco, bed bath and beyond

and then i google symptoms: fecal impaction, bowel obstruction, colon cancer

a lot of matches come up. constipation is pretty common. but many times it's just constipation.

and then i take the most dramatic disease and fantasize about it.

but seriously though already went to six (6) different doctors.

none of them helped.

laxatives, stool softeners

drink five daily liter water, exercise, stress at a practical minimum, going to psychological counseling, eating regularly, eating more or less healthfully, eating fruit/veg

and it's not getting better

and as usual i am paranoid that if it continues like this it will end up a full blockage or something

and the medical bills will be much higher than the welfare checks and panhandling proceeds

and then what?

and then some dangerous painful surgery. procedure. required. just. to. continue. living

and then need an ostomy bag

or can't get out of bed

and can't pay the bills

but i ain't a medical doctor

and even medical doctors often give wrong diagnoses

and i ain't psychic either

so maybe it's unreasonable to expect never to have any symptoms.

but whatever

:twisted:

today, vomitted. and constipation, clinical depression, anxiety, exhaustion.

no other symptoms

vommitted what looked like inari sushi and apple/banana

:x

really paranoid

afraid

anxious

hateful, sad, angry, annoyed, scared, weird, worried

that it is a disease with expensive treatment

and that i can't afford the treatment

and i have to sit on the sidewalk with a sign that says need $$ to pay off expensive colorectal cancer surgery

and have to harass every stranger that hobbles by

and have to beg and dance for every spare dime

8)

and then end up homeless

can't afford room and board

ain't got no precious lil "friends".

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:25 am

:idea:

Cardia wrote:

Or OCD! :D Don't forget me!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2017, 8:49 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Cardia wrote:

hypochondria

muchausens syndrome

opposite of being in denial

yeah every time i get a symptom, keep googling it. pick the most fascinating diagnosis.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2017, 4:02 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Cardia wrote:

hypochondria

muchausens syndrome

yeah every time i get a symptom, keep googling it. pick the most fascinating diagnosis.

I have hypochondria.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 12:47 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Cardia wrote:

hypochondria

muchausens syndrome

I have hypochondria.

Likewise ShortFatbalduglyman does too

Munchausen's syndrome by proxy :lol:

Google "Kaiser symptoms checker"

That way you know which symptoms to ignore and which symptoms to attend to

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 6:58 pm

I got the result of the FNA and didn't told here, it was inconclusive, so I'll need to do it again in a few months... I somehow got so busy in life that I kind of forgot about it.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2017, 7:56 pm

ltcvnzl wrote:
I got the result of the FNA and didn't told here, it was inconclusive, so I'll need to do it again in a few months... I somehow got so busy in life that I kind of forgot about it.

Distraction always helps with anxiety in my case as well :D .