Do You Still Play Minecraft?
Yes 75%  75%  [ 18 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 24

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 11:39 am

So misery what you're saying is I am never going to a ocean monument unless I am nigh indestructible. If that is the case then I really wouldn't care if I ever go as I hate challenging areas where you have to be near god level to even beat it, just not worth it...

I was lucky enough to spawn right next to a jungle biome, I have had worlds that had jungle biomes sometimes more than one!(I didn't know they were even rare!)

The one biome I never see is the one with red sandstone(don't remember what its called.)

So Misery what kind of things you build in survival? Another thing, how do you put what someone wrote in your reply, I see many people do it but I can't figure it out!?

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 1:09 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
I have never killed the wither. It is very hard trying to get the things needed to fight it. I have not named any of my animals because everytime I had animals I didn't have name tags.

I don't think much will change with the new update besides that there will be cross-play between the pc and consoles. But if there was something that they could give us some already made furniture(like lamps, or couches, or tables.)

So what do you mainly do in Minecraft, Build houses, cities, caves? What were some of the strangest worlds that was generated when you made a new one?

I have never killed the wither either- those wither skeleton skulls are so hard to get! I named some of my animals by putting up signs with their names on them, since I didn't have any name tags either :D .

I hope there is some already made furniture! My hand made tables aren't the best :D .

I love to go mining in Minecraft, but I also love building homes and farming wheat and other foods. One world I spawned in a Jungle Village! That was awesome- and there was a blacksmith too!

What do you mainly do in Minecraft? What were some of the strange worlds you've spawned in? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 2:38 pm

I did not know there was a jungle village! Wither skeletons are hard to beat especially with the poison!

I mainly travel around looking for structures and caves that I can explore. I also do a lot of mining so I can hurry and get the iron equipment. Well first I build my house that I'm going to stay in.

The strangest world I ever was in was one with basically 90% ocean and 10% land. It was borderline unplayable because there was not many resources you could get! :(

Ever made a treehouse, or a house underground? Ever tried to live in the Nether? :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 3:04 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
I did not know there was a jungle village! Wither skeletons are hard to beat especially with the poison!

I mainly travel around looking for structures and caves that I can explore. I also do a lot of mining so I can hurry and get the iron equipment. Well first I build my house that I'm going to stay in.

The strangest world I ever was in was one with basically 90% ocean and 10% land. It was borderline unplayable because there was not many resources you could get! :(

Ever made a treehouse, or a house underground? Ever tried to live in the Nether? :D

I almost got killed trying to get past a wither skeleton in the nether today! It was scary!

I also love mining for iron and other ores as well :D . Have you ever made a temporary home in a mine?

I spawned in a world like the ocean one you are talking about once! I just made a new world- I could barely find any resources anywhere :D .

I've made an underground house, but not a treehouse! I have to do that sometime. I have also discovered one of those biomes with the huge mushrooms in one of my worlds, and I made a house in it! I tried to build a cobblestone house in the Nether, but I ran out of cobblestone and a ghast was attacking me!

What about your homes? Do you like to build houses underground, in the sky, or on the ground? What's your favorite biome to build a house in?

(By the way, I saw you asked how to put what someone else wrote in your reply :D . There should be a button on the right hand side of the persons profile that says "quote." You click it, and write what you want to say back underneath their message :D )

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 3:39 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

I almost got killed trying to get past a wither skeleton in the nether today! It was scary!

I also love mining for iron and other ores as well :D . Have you ever made a temporary home in a mine?

I spawned in a world like the ocean one you are talking about once! I just made a new world- I could barely find any resources anywhere :D .

I've made an underground house, but not a treehouse! I have to do that sometime. I have also discovered one of those biomes with the huge mushrooms in one of my worlds, and I made a house in it! I tried to build a cobblestone house in the Nether, but I ran out of cobblestone and a ghast was attacking me!

What about your homes? Do you like to build houses underground, in the sky, or on the ground? What's your favorite biome to build a house in?

(By the way, I saw you asked how to put what someone else wrote in your reply :D . There should be a button on the right hand side of the persons profile that says "quote." You click it, and write what you want to say back underneath their message :D )

Thanks for that info! I have made temporary homes in mines but only really in the beginning or if I'm travelling far. I prefer my houses to be on the ground, in the sky you have a chance to fall off! Living underground is boring to me and I had to do that when me and my brother first played minecraft.

My favorite biome would be in the plains. The jungle has too many trees, the desert don't really have variety and the taiga...the trees are shaped funny! :)

You ever expanded a village in minecraft and made it bigger? Have you ever manage to cure a zombie villager?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 3:55 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

Thanks for that info! I have made temporary homes in mines but only really in the beginning or if I'm travelling far. I prefer my houses to be on the ground, in the sky you have a chance to fall off! Living underground is boring to me and I had to do that when me and my brother first played minecraft.

My favorite biome would be in the plains. The jungle has too many trees, the desert don't really have variety and the taiga...the trees are shaped funny! :)

You ever expanded a village in minecraft and made it bigger? Have you ever manage to cure a zombie villager?

No problem :D .Yeah, I like homes on the ground too! My sister and I just built a new house in creative mode the other day :D .

I don't know what my favorite biome is! I like living in them all except the desert, because there aren't many resources.

I have never expanded a village or cured a zombie villager! I should really do that sometime! Have you ever done either of those things? Also, have you ever built a snow golem or an iron golem? Have you ever gotten the platinum trophy for completing all the achievements?

One more thing: in the new update, do you know if people on console can play with people on mobile? :D

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 4:19 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

No problem :D .Yeah, I like homes on the ground too! My sister and I just built a new house in creative mode the other day :D .

I don't know what my favorite biome is! I like living in them all except the desert, because there aren't many resources.

I have never expanded a village or cured a zombie villager! I should really do that sometime! Have you ever done either of those things? Also, have you ever built a snow golem or an iron golem? Have you ever gotten the platinum trophy for completing all the achievements?

One more thing: in the new update, do you know if people on console can play with people on mobile? :D

In the World I was playing with my brother, we found a desert village and was going to expand it but I guess he lost interest in it.
I have not cured a zombie villager yet(though I'm trying) I just have to kill those zombie pigman so I can get some gold nuggets. I have built both the snow and iron golem, I then started fighting the iron golem, let me tell you that did not end well... :D

I haven't gotten all the trophies yet, I don't even know all the accomplishments you can get! In the new update you will be able to play with the xbox and nintendo switch consoles, Ps4 is still unconfirmed(sadly, that's the one I have :( )

Have you ever enchanted any items? Did you ever get a full set of diamond equipment?(armour, and weapon) :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 6:06 pm

Curing a zombie villager is pretty hard! It would be awesome to have a villager friend running around, though :D . Which golem was your favorite? I like snow golems better, but I do love iron golems too.

I'm not sure how you get to the achievements list on PS4, but there sure are a lot of achievements! Some of them are really hard, though- I sometimes play on my PS Vita as well as my mobile devices (I-Pad and Kindle). I hope PS4 is included! If it's not then I'll be sad :( . I wonder if PS4 can play with a PS Vita? My Vita is kind of broken though- it won't update to the newest update :( .

I love enchanting items- I'm making an enchanted diamond sword soon in my world! I never got a full set of diamond things, though. What about you? Do you like enchanting items? Have you ever gotten a full set of diamond armour? Also, do you like using redstone? :D

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 6:37 pm

Well I know one thing, the iron golem is not high on my list! :lol: So I guess if I had to choose one it would be the snow one.

Sadly no, Playstation cannot cross-play with other devices... It does suck that you can't cross-play with Playstation, maybe they will allow it soon!

I love enchanting items(I don't like having to find Lapis Lazuli though). I have never obtained a full set of diamond armour.(getting enough diamond takes way too long!)

I love messing with redstone, I just don't know what to make with them. I also need to figure out how to cover the redstone so it won't look like red lines are going all over the world! :)

So what do you do with the redstone?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 6:46 am

AquaineBay wrote:
So misery what you're saying is I am never going to a ocean monument unless I am nigh indestructible. If that is the case then I really wouldn't care if I ever go as I hate challenging areas where you have to be near god level to even beat it, just not worth it...

I was lucky enough to spawn right next to a jungle biome, I have had worlds that had jungle biomes sometimes more than one!(I didn't know they were even rare!)

The one biome I never see is the one with red sandstone(don't remember what its called.)

So Misery what kind of things you build in survival? Another thing, how do you put what someone wrote in your reply, I see many people do it but I can't figure it out!?

Hm, the Illager mansions are very similar really. Very high-level enemy characters with loopy powers. The difference is that you dont move at the speed of a brick in sludge while you're inside one (this is why I use the specific magic boots when I'm in a monument, because I dont have the freaking patience to move that slow the whole time).

The monuments themselves arent THAT hard once you get an idea for how they work. 1. You will be slow. 2. No use of bows, you're under water. Time to pull out that diamond sword! Or axe, depending on your combat preference. 3. Night-vision potions, water-breathing potions, and speed potions (again I'm impatient). 4. Monument layout is very cramped. It's necessary to combat the Guardians but it can be kinda annoying. 5. The annoying bit, Guardians auto-damage you if you slash them while their spikes are out. The damage from this is low though. 6. There are always exactly three Elder Guardians in a monument, and once defeated they do not come back. The monument is alot less threatening once the Elders are no longer around to cast their anti-digging spell on you.

There are other areas of the game that are easy to reach but can be quite dangerous like this too. Any place with cave spider spawners, for instance (since their poison does alot of damage and totally ignores your armor). And by the time you could get into a monument, chances are you've got lots of diamonds and XP anyway.

As for what I build: "Houses", with the sarcastic quotes around that word. They always end up looking like someone started to build something but reality broke and bent halfway through. I tend to always build over or near water when possible. Boats = very useful travelling tool, and I always have a dock for them that is actually made out of soul sand (boats cannot break when colliding with it). I also always always always build a network of Nether gates. There is no faster way to get around. Lastly, farm fields and animal pens. Lots of wheat, some carrots to produce sight potions, and various animals because everything they produce is useful. Including rabbits (jump potions). Sometimes I'll have really odd things, like recently I had an overworld house that contained a pair of Zombie Pigmen that permanently stayed there. I used nametags to keep them from despawning. They were guests and had their own room where they could wander around and make various snorting sounds. I didnt bring them there on purpose, they simply appeared at the Nether gate that was also in the house. But once they were there, I figured, hey, may as well let them have their own spot.

I made a house in a giant jungle tree once. It had a glass bridge (complete with glass side rails) that connected to.... something. Heck if I remember. Had a ladder to get to the top. It suddenly occurs to me that every building I produce involves some ladder somewhere.

Sometimes I'll build a sub-base in the Nether if I see a good reason to do so.

On the note of wither skeletons since those were mentioned: I hate those things. Not because of what they do... they're not very threatening since they have no bows. No, I hate them because of having spend 10000 freaking years trying to get their blasted skulls to do the stupid boss fight that serves no purpose anyway. While getting constantly pestered by Blazes and Ghasts.

Curing a zombie villager: Annoying. They're dumber than a box of hair though, so it's easy to lure them into a trap room where you can seal them in and hand them the item to start the process.

Redstone: Bah. I have no idea what I would even do with this.

Enchantments: Always loved this mechanic. I do alot of enchanting and have various pieces of named equipment with various purposes. Like an anti-undead sword for surface stuff, or an anti-spider sword for abandoned mines (because of cave spiders).

I'm curious, how long have you guys been playing this? I've been playing since.... er.... A long time. Way back before chickens were added. Zombies used to drop feathers, and we used to wonder if Notch would add some sort of bird.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 10:42 am

I have been playing this game ever since 2014. You must have got the game when it first came out!(I didn't even know there was a time chickens didn't exist!)

I actually find it cool that you always have ladders with your houses, it's like your own theme, all houses must have ladders! :)

I also found it funny when you gave them zombie pigman a house I had to laugh! :lol:
It was like having zombie neighbors (hmmm...Zombies ate my Neighbors?)
So did you party with them? Had nice chats about life? :D

I'm curious now, how was minecraft back when there were no chickens? I'm pretty sure there was other things not available!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 1:25 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
Well I know one thing, the iron golem is not high on my list! :lol: So I guess if I had to choose one it would be the snow one.

Sadly no, Playstation cannot cross-play with other devices... It does suck that you can't cross-play with Playstation, maybe they will allow it soon!

I love enchanting items(I don't like having to find Lapis Lazuli though). I have never obtained a full set of diamond armour.(getting enough diamond takes way too long!)

I love messing with redstone, I just don't know what to make with them. I also need to figure out how to cover the redstone so it won't look like red lines are going all over the world! :)

Lol yeah the iron golems are pretty tough if you attack them! :D

I wish PlayStation could cross play with other devices :( . I hope they make it so it can soon, though!

I don't do a whole lot with redstone, but I once made this really cool sign that popped out at you when you stood on a pressure plate! I wish I was better at using redstone- it's really cool! :D

Do you own any Minecraft toys or merchandise in real life? Also, what is your favorite color bed since they added them in the last update?

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 1:54 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

I wish PlayStation could cross play with other devices :( . I hope they make it so it can soon, though!

I don't do a whole lot with redstone, but I once made this really cool sign that popped out at you when you stood on a pressure plate! I wish I was better at using redstone- it's really cool! :D

Do you own any Minecraft toys or merchandise in real life? Also, what is your favorite color bed since they added them in the last update?

I don't have any minecraft toys or merchandise. I just haven't seen anything they sell that I would want. What kind of merchandise/toys do you have?(I assume you have some since you asked.)

My favorite color bed would either be blue or light blue. Blue is just my favorite color in general! What's your favorite color bed?favorite color in general?:D

Have you ever been to a desert temple? If someone let you add one thing in minecraft (anything you choose.) what would it be? :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 2:17 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

I don't have any minecraft toys or merchandise. I just haven't seen anything they sell that I would want. What kind of merchandise/toys do you have?(I assume you have some since you asked.)

My favorite color bed would either be blue or light blue. Blue is just my favorite color in general! What's your favorite color bed?favorite color in general?:D

Have you ever been to a desert temple? If someone let you add one thing in minecraft (anything you choose.) what would it be? :D

I have some stuffed animals, books, and this Minecraft play set! I also have a lot of figurines, like animals and other mobs :D .

My favorite color bed would probably be either orange or blue! They are my favorite colors in general too, since Stampy is orange and his best friends Squid is blue :D .

I think I have been to a desert temple before. The best part is all the chests with stuff at the bottom! If I could add one thing, it would probably be either furniture or ice cream :D .

What about you? Have you ever been to a desert or a jungle temple before? What would you add to Minecraft? Also, have you ever been to an igloo before? Do you like polar bears? I wish there were penguins in the snowy biomes too :D .

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 3:56 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

I have some stuffed animals, books, and this Minecraft play set! I also have a lot of figurines, like animals and other mobs :D .

My favorite color bed would probably be either orange or blue! They are my favorite colors in general too, since Stampy is orange and his best friends Squid is blue :D .

I think I have been to a desert temple before. The best part is all the chests with stuff at the bottom! If I could add one thing, it would probably be either furniture or ice cream :D .

What about you? Have you ever been to a desert or a jungle temple before? What would you add to Minecraft? Also, have you ever been to an igloo before? Do you like polar bears? I wish there were penguins in the snowy biomes too :D .

I have been to a desert temple before I have never been to a jungle one. I was exploring the desert temple and opened a chest, which was a trap and exploded, killing me in the process.
:(

I never been to an igloo before, what is in it?
Polar bears are alright they don't bother me and I don't bother them.

I would add furniture or maybe more materials in the nether so it would give you more of a reason to stay there! :D

It would be awesome if they had tigers or lions in the plains...or maybe taiga(since plains is the most common, don't want to die at the very beginning.)

What kind of info do the minecraft books have? What would you do if the creeper was actually a real one?(I would think you would have a stuffed and/or a figurine of a creeper since it's the mascot of the game.) :D

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 5:57 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
I have been playing this game ever since 2014. You must have got the game when it first came out!(I didn't even know there was a time chickens didn't exist!)

I actually find it cool that you always have ladders with your houses, it's like your own theme, all houses must have ladders! :)

I also found it funny when you gave them zombie pigman a house I had to laugh! :lol:
It was like having zombie neighbors (hmmm...Zombies ate my Neighbors?)
So did you party with them? Had nice chats about life? :D

I'm curious now, how was minecraft back when there were no chickens? I'm pretty sure there was other things not available!

Oh yes, there was a time without chickens. It was.... *looks it up* .....omigod it was exactly 7 years and two days ago that they were added. Good grief. Has it really been that long?

Back then ALOT of things were missing. No biomes, for instance. None. Everything was grass (not tall grass, that didnt exist) and trees, and they were all this bright green color. The entire overworld looked like that. No Nether or anything associated with it. No End. Certainly no big structures like abandoned mines or anything. Heck, I remember when dungeons were added. And by "dungeons" I mean "those small single rooms with a spawner and lots of mossy cobblestone". Those were like this big exciting thing when they appeared. And the only way to get mossy stone for the longest freaking time. There also were no slimes, despite them having been made... Notch had to disable them to stop them from taking over the overworld (no, seriously). Since zombies dropped feathers, people had all these complicated "arrow factory" setups that involved zombie grinders. Skeletons didnt hold bows and were EXTRA LOUD. Every time you took damage you would hear Steve go "OOF", it was hilarious. Oh.... and NO SPRINTING. Walking speed was max speed. Oh, and there was no hunger bar or even an eating animation. Food instantly healed a certain amount of health when used.

On a side note, I found this old video I did for whatever reason. Yes it's terrible. It shows what happens when I sit down and really build something though. Ignore the house with the water/fire accident. That's a whole other story. I still remember that bit happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuOick5SHLM

Not to mention another really, really long ladder.

The reason for the hell tower: Strictly to hold the very first Nether gate, this was right before it was added, and Notch had originally planned for Ghasts to randomly spawn near gates, so I built this isolated nightmare tower to contain their lunacy. You shoulda seen what the Nether was like originally. Nowadays it's a fairly calm place, only really getting dangerous near fortresses. But when it first came out it was this horrible screaming hellhole where ghasts spawned in huge groups and NEVER STOPPED SHOOTING. It was waaaaaayyyyyyyy more dangerous than something like the ocean monuments are now. There wasnt much point in trying to fight the ghasts because they'd just keep coming. There was even less point in trying to build anything there. As Notch put it, the Nether was originally meant as a place you pass through on your way to somewhere else, not as a destination. Reasons to explore it werent added until much later. Also it used to be very, very loud. Ghasts were immune to lava but would still scream if they touched it, which happened every 3 seconds or so.

Ah, the nostalgia, that was a really exciting update at the time. Now it seems like the Nether has always been there. I've always found it funny that, in a game that is often said to be "kiddy", one of the big features is the ability to essentially build a portal that literally goes straight to Hell. And then you build a house in it because why not.

On a side note: If you want to experiment and try these old versions, the game's launcher has options to do that. You can even go back and try the REALLY old versions... stuff from before even what I'm describing. The time when the worldgen wasnt infinite, for instance and creepers were a different color and everything gave you points. Or the time when there barely even was a world. It's interesting to go back and see just how far the game has come. Those old versions look so primitive now....

On the note of minecraft toys/merchandise: Omigod I have SO FREAKING MANY NOW. I bought these over the weekend at a convention:

The diamond block glows when tapped. Or at least it will once I can get the blasted batteries in. Stupid screw. The keychain in the bottom center is an Elder Guardian, by the way, if you havent seen one. The thing to it's right is just a spider spawner, you cant see the spider inside in the crappy photo.

Have loads of other stuff like a giant Creeper plush thing but it'd take too long to round it all up for a photo.