Yes 75%  75%  [ 18 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 24

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 5:57 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
I have been playing this game ever since 2014. You must have got the game when it first came out!(I didn't even know there was a time chickens didn't exist!)

I actually find it cool that you always have ladders with your houses, it's like your own theme, all houses must have ladders! :)

I also found it funny when you gave them zombie pigman a house I had to laugh! :lol:
It was like having zombie neighbors (hmmm...Zombies ate my Neighbors?)
So did you party with them? Had nice chats about life? :D

I'm curious now, how was minecraft back when there were no chickens? I'm pretty sure there was other things not available!

Oh yes, there was a time without chickens. It was.... *looks it up* .....omigod it was exactly 7 years and two days ago that they were added. Good grief. Has it really been that long?

Back then ALOT of things were missing. No biomes, for instance. None. Everything was grass (not tall grass, that didnt exist) and trees, and they were all this bright green color. The entire overworld looked like that. No Nether or anything associated with it. No End. Certainly no big structures like abandoned mines or anything. Heck, I remember when dungeons were added. And by "dungeons" I mean "those small single rooms with a spawner and lots of mossy cobblestone". Those were like this big exciting thing when they appeared. And the only way to get mossy stone for the longest freaking time. There also were no slimes, despite them having been made... Notch had to disable them to stop them from taking over the overworld (no, seriously). Since zombies dropped feathers, people had all these complicated "arrow factory" setups that involved zombie grinders. Skeletons didnt hold bows and were EXTRA LOUD. Every time you took damage you would hear Steve go "OOF", it was hilarious. Oh.... and NO SPRINTING. Walking speed was max speed. Oh, and there was no hunger bar or even an eating animation. Food instantly healed a certain amount of health when used.

On a side note, I found this old video I did for whatever reason. Yes it's terrible. It shows what happens when I sit down and really build something though. Ignore the house with the water/fire accident. That's a whole other story. I still remember that bit happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuOick5SHLM

Not to mention another really, really long ladder.

The reason for the hell tower: Strictly to hold the very first Nether gate, this was right before it was added, and Notch had originally planned for Ghasts to randomly spawn near gates, so I built this isolated nightmare tower to contain their lunacy. You shoulda seen what the Nether was like originally. Nowadays it's a fairly calm place, only really getting dangerous near fortresses. But when it first came out it was this horrible screaming hellhole where ghasts spawned in huge groups and NEVER STOPPED SHOOTING. It was waaaaaayyyyyyyy more dangerous than something like the ocean monuments are now. There wasnt much point in trying to fight the ghasts because they'd just keep coming. There was even less point in trying to build anything there. As Notch put it, the Nether was originally meant as a place you pass through on your way to somewhere else, not as a destination. Reasons to explore it werent added until much later. Also it used to be very, very loud. Ghasts were immune to lava but would still scream if they touched it, which happened every 3 seconds or so.

Ah, the nostalgia, that was a really exciting update at the time. Now it seems like the Nether has always been there. I've always found it funny that, in a game that is often said to be "kiddy", one of the big features is the ability to essentially build a portal that literally goes straight to Hell. And then you build a house in it because why not.

On a side note: If you want to experiment and try these old versions, the game's launcher has options to do that. You can even go back and try the REALLY old versions... stuff from before even what I'm describing. The time when the worldgen wasnt infinite, for instance and creepers were a different color and everything gave you points. Or the time when there barely even was a world. It's interesting to go back and see just how far the game has come. Those old versions look so primitive now....

On the note of minecraft toys/merchandise: Omigod I have SO FREAKING MANY NOW. I bought these over the weekend at a convention:

The diamond block glows when tapped. Or at least it will once I can get the blasted batteries in. Stupid screw. The keychain in the bottom center is an Elder Guardian, by the way, if you havent seen one. The thing to it's right is just a spider spawner, you cant see the spider inside in the crappy photo.

Have loads of other stuff like a giant Creeper plush thing but it'd take too long to round it all up for a photo.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 6:57 pm

Misery wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
I have been playing this game ever since 2014. You must have got the game when it first came out!(I didn't even know there was a time chickens didn't exist!)

I actually find it cool that you always have ladders with your houses, it's like your own theme, all houses must have ladders! :)

I also found it funny when you gave them zombie pigman a house I had to laugh! :lol:
It was like having zombie neighbors (hmmm...Zombies ate my Neighbors?)
So did you party with them? Had nice chats about life? :D

I'm curious now, how was minecraft back when there were no chickens? I'm pretty sure there was other things not available!

Oh yes, there was a time without chickens. It was.... *looks it up* .....omigod it was exactly 7 years and two days ago that they were added. Good grief. Has it really been that long?

Back then ALOT of things were missing. No biomes, for instance. None. Everything was grass (not tall grass, that didnt exist) and trees, and they were all this bright green color. The entire overworld looked like that. No Nether or anything associated with it. No End. Certainly no big structures like abandoned mines or anything. Heck, I remember when dungeons were added. And by "dungeons" I mean "those small single rooms with a spawner and lots of mossy cobblestone". Those were like this big exciting thing when they appeared. And the only way to get mossy stone for the longest freaking time. There also were no slimes, despite them having been made... Notch had to disable them to stop them from taking over the overworld (no, seriously). Since zombies dropped feathers, people had all these complicated "arrow factory" setups that involved zombie grinders. Skeletons didnt hold bows and were EXTRA LOUD. Every time you took damage you would hear Steve go "OOF", it was hilarious. Oh.... and NO SPRINTING. Walking speed was max speed. Oh, and there was no hunger bar or even an eating animation. Food instantly healed a certain amount of health when used.

On a side note, I found this old video I did for whatever reason. Yes it's terrible. It shows what happens when I sit down and really build something though. Ignore the house with the water/fire accident. That's a whole other story. I still remember that bit happening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuOick5SHLM

Not to mention another really, really long ladder.

The reason for the hell tower: Strictly to hold the very first Nether gate, this was right before it was added, and Notch had originally planned for Ghasts to randomly spawn near gates, so I built this isolated nightmare tower to contain their lunacy. You shoulda seen what the Nether was like originally. Nowadays it's a fairly calm place, only really getting dangerous near fortresses. But when it first came out it was this horrible screaming hellhole where ghasts spawned in huge groups and NEVER STOPPED SHOOTING. It was waaaaaayyyyyyyy more dangerous than something like the ocean monuments are now. There wasnt much point in trying to fight the ghasts because they'd just keep coming. There was even less point in trying to build anything there. As Notch put it, the Nether was originally meant as a place you pass through on your way to somewhere else, not as a destination. Reasons to explore it werent added until much later. Also it used to be very, very loud. Ghasts were immune to lava but would still scream if they touched it, which happened every 3 seconds or so.

Ah, the nostalgia, that was a really exciting update at the time. Now it seems like the Nether has always been there. I've always found it funny that, in a game that is often said to be "kiddy", one of the big features is the ability to essentially build a portal that literally goes straight to Hell. And then you build a house in it because why not.

On a side note: If you want to experiment and try these old versions, the game's launcher has options to do that. You can even go back and try the REALLY old versions... stuff from before even what I'm describing. The time when the worldgen wasnt infinite, for instance and creepers were a different color and everything gave you points. Or the time when there barely even was a world. It's interesting to go back and see just how far the game has come. Those old versions look so primitive now....

On the note of minecraft toys/merchandise: Omigod I have SO FREAKING MANY NOW. I bought these over the weekend at a convention:

The diamond block glows when tapped. Or at least it will once I can get the blasted batteries in. Stupid screw. The keychain in the bottom center is an Elder Guardian, by the way, if you havent seen one. The thing to it's right is just a spider spawner, you cant see the spider inside in the crappy photo.

Have loads of other stuff like a giant Creeper plush thing but it'd take too long to round it all up for a photo.

Wow, it's like warping back to the 1940's in real life! Lava looks so weird back then, underground was very blue, even the items looked a little funny! 8O

Thanks for that! It's so awesome seeing how things were in the past! :)

By the way Ghast that shoot fire NONE STOP!?
So, how in the world did people even get through the nether? I want to know, what would you do if that huge creeper plushie turned out to be a real creeper? :D

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 7:02 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
Well I know one thing, the iron golem is not high on my list! :lol: So I guess if I had to choose one it would be the snow one.

Sadly no, Playstation cannot cross-play with other devices... It does suck that you can't cross-play with Playstation, maybe they will allow it soon!

I love enchanting items(I don't like having to find Lapis Lazuli though). I have never obtained a full set of diamond armour.(getting enough diamond takes way too long!)

I love messing with redstone, I just don't know what to make with them. I also need to figure out how to cover the redstone so it won't look like red lines are going all over the world! :)

So what do you do with the redstone?

Lol yeah the iron golems are pretty tough if you attack them! :D

I wish PlayStation could cross play with other devices :( . I hope they make it so it can soon, though!

I don't do a whole lot with redstone, but I once made this really cool sign that popped out at you when you stood on a pressure plate! I wish I was better at using redstone- it's really cool! :D

Do you own any Minecraft toys or merchandise in real life? Also, what is your favorite color bed since they added them in the last update?

I don't have any minecraft toys or merchandise. I just haven't seen anything they sell that I would want. What kind of merchandise/toys do you have?(I assume you have some since you asked.)

My favorite color bed would either be blue or light blue. Blue is just my favorite color in general! What's your favorite color bed?favorite color in general?:D

Have you ever been to a desert temple? If someone let you add one thing in minecraft (anything you choose.) what would it be? :D

I have some stuffed animals, books, and this Minecraft play set! I also have a lot of figurines, like animals and other mobs :D .

My favorite color bed would probably be either orange or blue! They are my favorite colors in general too, since Stampy is orange and his best friends Squid is blue :D .

I think I have been to a desert temple before. The best part is all the chests with stuff at the bottom! If I could add one thing, it would probably be either furniture or ice cream :D .

What about you? Have you ever been to a desert or a jungle temple before? What would you add to Minecraft? Also, have you ever been to an igloo before? Do you like polar bears? I wish there were penguins in the snowy biomes too :D .

I have been to a desert temple before I have never been to a jungle one. I was exploring the desert temple and opened a chest, which was a trap and exploded, killing me in the process.
:(

I never been to an igloo before, what is in it?
Polar bears are alright they don't bother me and I don't bother them.

I would add furniture or maybe more materials in the nether so it would give you more of a reason to stay there! :D

It would be awesome if they had tigers or lions in the plains...or maybe taiga(since plains is the most common, don't want to die at the very beginning.)

What kind of info do the minecraft books have? What would you do if the creeper was actually a real one?(I would think you would have a stuffed and/or a figurine of a creeper since it's the mascot of the game.) :D

Oh no! Sorry you got killed in the desert temple :( . I was playing in a world today that had TWO Woodland Mansions, and I got killed so many times by vindicators (those weird villager-looking things).

The igloo itself is pretty cool, but the best part is the hidden trapdoor underneath the carpet that has a ladder leading to a basement. In the basement, there's a zombie villager in a cage, a golden apple in a chest, and a splash potion of weakness in a brewing stand. I bet you know what you can do with those items! :D

Furniture would be awesome! So would tigers and lions! That would be so cool! Maybe they could be peaceful lions that didn't attack you :D .

I have a few Minecraft books, but my favorite is probably Stampy's Lovely World Book :D . I also really like the official Minecraft handbooks, even though I haven't read all the updated versions yet! My favorite is probably the redstone one!

I do have a toy creeper :D ! It actually "explodes" when you press a button on its head! If creepers actually existed, then I would definitely get materials that didn't get destroyed when they blew up! I would also want a diamond sword (if those existed in this creeper world too :D ). What would you do if there were creepers in real life? Also, what's your favorite type of door? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
Wow, it's like warping back to the 1940's in real life! Lava looks so weird back then, underground was very blue, even the items looked a little funny! 8O

Thanks for that! It's so awesome seeing how things were in the past! :)

By the way Ghast that shoot fire NONE STOP!?
So, how in the world did people even get through the nether? I want to know, what would you do if that huge creeper plushie turned out to be a real creeper? :D

Main reason it looked slightly blue: I had to use a camera to record that. However in-game it still did look different than it does now. The full lighting system wasnt in yet, or even close to being in. It had very crude lighting/shadows back then. And the visuals overall were alot more.... stark, is the word I'd use.

Ghasts: Yeah, they shot loads of fireballs. Right now, a ghast will shoot, but then it'll float around like a moron for a bit before firing again. When they first showed up, they were extremely agressive and had a very short cooldown between attacks. What's more, they appeared in groups.... 6-7 Ghasts in a floating horde (which followed you, they floated alot closer than they do now) was common. There were so many fireballs that you couldnt stop the ground from being constantly on-fire; there was no point in trying to put out the flames because the Ghasts just kept shooting. Generally, you got through the Nether by running like a panicked cat. And using any tunnels you can find since of course Ghasts cant fit in those. If you wanted to be REALLY careful, you dug your own tunnels, and put your gates underground or in walls. The real challenge: Getting at glowstone. But glowstone didnt do a whole lot back then aside from look neat. Actually it didnt do ANYTHING aside from shine. There were no crafting recipes except for turning glowstone dust back into the actual block. It wouldnt have any other function until potions were added. But it looked cool and could even glow underwater (nothing else did) so generally players wanted some just the same.

Hilarious thing though was how I used to defeat ghasts: Fishing rod. I often didnt have many arrows to bring with into the Nether (needed for skeletons in the overworld), so I had to improvise if a Ghast got directly in my path. Fishing rod to yank the thing close, and then slash at it with a sword. Just as ridiculous (and dangerous) as it sounds. Havent done it in ages, it isnt necessary anymore. I certainly wasnt the only one doing it that way. It was a fairly common tactic at the time. But it wasnt all that long before Notch toned the Ghasts down, because players were just getting torn apart in the Nether way too easily. I like how they ended up doing it later on: It's not too bad to run through now, but if you wanna get into the crazy combat zones, that's what the forts are for. Fire-resistance potions though make the entire freaking place harmless though.

Ever tried a night vision potion in the Nether? It does some strange stuff with the lighting in that place.

Anyway, Creeper and zombie plushies:

Big, eh? It'd be nice to find a skeleton & spider to round out the four basic monsters. Or better yet, a spider jockey.

And to answer the question: if that thing started walking around, I'd be in my car and on my way to, I dunno, Iowa or something within about 10 seconds.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 9:15 pm

Quote:
And to answer the question: if that thing started walking around, I'd be in my car and on my way to, I dunno, Iowa or something within about 10 seconds.

:lol:

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 1:19 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
Well I know one thing, the iron golem is not high on my list! :lol: So I guess if I had to choose one it would be the snow one.

Sadly no, Playstation cannot cross-play with other devices... It does suck that you can't cross-play with Playstation, maybe they will allow it soon!

I love enchanting items(I don't like having to find Lapis Lazuli though). I have never obtained a full set of diamond armour.(getting enough diamond takes way too long!)

I love messing with redstone, I just don't know what to make with them. I also need to figure out how to cover the redstone so it won't look like red lines are going all over the world! :)

I wish PlayStation could cross play with other devices :( . I hope they make it so it can soon, though!

I don't do a whole lot with redstone, but I once made this really cool sign that popped out at you when you stood on a pressure plate! I wish I was better at using redstone- it's really cool! :D

Do you own any Minecraft toys or merchandise in real life? Also, what is your favorite color bed since they added them in the last update?

I don't have any minecraft toys or merchandise. I just haven't seen anything they sell that I would want. What kind of merchandise/toys do you have?(I assume you have some since you asked.)

My favorite color bed would either be blue or light blue. Blue is just my favorite color in general! What's your favorite color bed?favorite color in general?:D

Have you ever been to a desert temple? If someone let you add one thing in minecraft (anything you choose.) what would it be? :D

I have some stuffed animals, books, and this Minecraft play set! I also have a lot of figurines, like animals and other mobs :D .

My favorite color bed would probably be either orange or blue! They are my favorite colors in general too, since Stampy is orange and his best friends Squid is blue :D .

I think I have been to a desert temple before. The best part is all the chests with stuff at the bottom! If I could add one thing, it would probably be either furniture or ice cream :D .

What about you? Have you ever been to a desert or a jungle temple before? What would you add to Minecraft? Also, have you ever been to an igloo before? Do you like polar bears? I wish there were penguins in the snowy biomes too :D .

I have been to a desert temple before I have never been to a jungle one. I was exploring the desert temple and opened a chest, which was a trap and exploded, killing me in the process.

I would add furniture or maybe more materials in the nether so it would give you more of a reason to stay there! :D

It would be awesome if they had tigers or lions in the plains...or maybe taiga(since plains is the most common, don't want to die at the very beginning.)

What kind of info do the minecraft books have? What would you do if the creeper was actually a real one?(I would think you would have a stuffed and/or a figurine of a creeper since it's the mascot of the game.) :D

Oh no! Sorry you got killed in the desert temple :( . I was playing in a world today that had TWO Woodland Mansions, and I got killed so many times by vindicators (those weird villager-looking things).

The igloo itself is pretty cool, but the best part is the hidden trapdoor underneath the carpet that has a ladder leading to a basement. In the basement, there's a zombie villager in a cage, a golden apple in a chest, and a splash potion of weakness in a brewing stand. I bet you know what you can do with those items! :D

Furniture would be awesome! So would tigers and lions! That would be so cool! Maybe they could be peaceful lions that didn't attack you :D .

I have a few Minecraft books, but my favorite is probably Stampy's Lovely World Book :D . I also really like the official Minecraft handbooks, even though I haven't read all the updated versions yet! My favorite is probably the redstone one!

I do have a toy creeper :D ! It actually "explodes" when you press a button on its head! If creepers actually existed, then I would definitely get materials that didn't get destroyed when they blew up! I would also want a diamond sword (if those existed in this creeper world too :D ). What would you do if there were creepers in real life? Also, what's your favorite type of door? :D

My favorite door would have to be the birch door. It looks nice and doesn't have a window.
Misery I never tried a night vision potion in the nether but now I have to see what it looks like(once I get the materials.)

If I had a toy or a plush creeper and it was a real one hmmm. I probably wouldn't notice it till I started hearing a sizzling sound(And usually by then it's too late...) I guess when I Iook and see it's real I would give it one big hug! Might as well go out with a bang right!? :lol:

Either one of you ever made an underwater house before?(Yes Misery I'm including you now, I will drag you in by force! And well "Misery loves company", sorry I have been holding that in for a long time!) :D
Have either of you ever got struck by lightning?

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 8:50 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

My favorite door would have to be the birch door. It looks nice and doesn't have a window.
Misery I never tried a night vision potion in the nether but now I have to see what it looks like(once I get the materials.)

If I had a toy or a plush creeper and it was a real one hmmm. I probably wouldn't notice it till I started hearing a sizzling sound(And usually by then it's too late...) I guess when I Iook and see it's real I would give it one big hug! Might as well go out with a bang right!? :lol:

Either one of you ever made an underwater house before?(Yes Misery I'm including you now, I will drag you in by force! And well "Misery loves company", sorry I have been holding that in for a long time!) :D

By the way I forgot to put (joking) at the end of the last parenthesis. I know it was lame but it was stuck in my head and I had to use it! (The quote, and sorry.)

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2017, 11:14 pm

AquaineBay wrote:

I tried to make a house underwater once, but it was more than a bit obnoxious and I got impatient. So, I did the only truly logical thing, which was to drill a huge hole in the water itself and then put the house in there.

Minecraft sponges: Can do strange things with them. Even if they are a giant pain to get.

Been hit by lightning more than a few times. What gets me is that it never seems to hit any other mobs. I mean the game has these Charged Creepers, and things like the "Skeleton Trap" horses, but lightning bolts are involved so you never see these things in-game. I mean it's been freaking ages since charged creepers were put in and I've never seen even one without mods. And here I used to think skeleton jockeys (or chicken jockeys) were rare.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 6:46 pm

Nowadays I play the Beta versions of Minecraft, because I like the older sounds and textures. ;)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2017, 9:45 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
Nowadays I play the Beta versions of Minecraft, because I like the older sounds and textures. ;)

I miss "old" Minecraft :D !

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Sep 2017, 6:18 pm

My girlfriend has been playing it a lot lately. I never played it thou & it looks really boring to me but I lack creativity & imagination.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition