Yes 75%  75%  [ 18 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 24

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 8:40 am

AquaineBay wrote:
I played battle and glide. Battle was alright... A little small for my tastes but, oh well. Glide, it is hard to control yourself! I kept running into walls and I kept slowly descending to my death!

So anyway, what did the house look like? big, small, super tiny to the point where only your body can fit in it? And how was battle and glide for you?

It was a really big house! I used spruce logs and birch planks for the walls, and the entire house had like 7 stories :D . I like battle OK, and glide is pretty fun when I actually know the map. Otherwise I just crash into so many walls lol.

Have you ever been to an ocean monument? Also, have you ever tamed an ocelot in survival mode? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 11:02 am

I have never found a ocean monument. I wish I could find one though. I did just recently find my very first wooden mansion! I did tame an ocelot before, I just never got around to getting another one in my current world.

Have you ever been to an abandon mine? Did you tame an ocelot?

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 11:12 am

AquaineBay wrote:
I have never found a ocean monument. I wish I could find one though. I did just recently find my very first wooden mansion! I did tame an ocelot before, I just never got around to getting another one in my current world.

Wow, I've never found a wooden mansion before! What biome is it found in?

I think I've tamed an ocelot before. I did tame a lot of ocelots in creative mode :D . I've been to an abandoned mine before, too!

Have you ever found emeralds when mining? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 11:43 am

I found it in the plains, oddly enough it was surrounded by water! I tried exploring then some mob with an axe killed me.

I have found quite a bit of emerald through out my mining career, they are rather hard to find(just like diamond!).

Have you ever found a monster spawner in a cave? While mining at the bottom(layers 1-16) have you ever mined a block and lava fell on you?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 12:21 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
I found it in the plains, oddly enough it was surrounded by water! I tried exploring then some mob with an axe killed me.

I have found quite a bit of emerald through out my mining career, they are rather hard to find(just like diamond!).

Have you ever found a monster spawner in a cave? While mining at the bottom(layers 1-16) have you ever mined a block and lava fell on you?

It must have been a vindicator! Those are scary :D .

I once found a cave that had so many emeralds. I got almost 20 emeralds from just this one part of the cave!

I've found monster spawners in caves before. My favorite is when they have a chest with a saddle in it! I've died before from mining a block and lava falling on me :D .

What about you? Have you ever found a monster spawner or lava when you mined a block? Have you ever ridden a horse, or put a chest on a mule?

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 1:34 pm

You found a cave full of emerald? How lucky you have to be to find that! I have found monster spawners(60% skeletons!) it's fun and you get a bunch of materials from it. I have died from mining and lava falling on me, which is why now I always stand a few inches away from blocks when I'm mining at the bottom!

I never put a chest on a mule before. I have obtained a few horses and put saddles on them, they make travelling so much easier!

Did you ever make a pin to keep your animals in? If you did, what kind of animals did you have?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 1:45 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
You found a cave full of emerald? How lucky you have to be to find that! I have found monster spawners(60% skeletons!) it's fun and you get a bunch of materials from it. I have died from mining and lava falling on me, which is why now I always stand a few inches away from blocks when I'm mining at the bottom!

I never put a chest on a mule before. I have obtained a few horses and put saddles on them, they make travelling so much easier!

Did you ever make a pin to keep your animals in? If you did, what kind of animals did you have?

I usually have separate pens for each animal, but most of the time I can only ever find certain animals. I have pigs, sheep, cows, and chickens in my current world. I also have a lot of dogs, but they stay in my house :D .

What about you? Do you have pens for your animals? How do you feel about the coming "Better Together" update? I'm not sure I really understand this update very much :D .

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 2:11 pm

I have pen for my animals.(all of them are sheep.) I plan on getting more pretty soon though.

I'm fine with the update!(not that I play online and even if I did I would have no one to play with...). :( From what I read the "Better Together" update will allow those of different consoles to play minecraft with each other. (Example: someone on the pc...windows 10 can now play with somebody on the xbox and vice-versa!)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 6:51 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
I have pen for my animals.(all of them are sheep.) I plan on getting more pretty soon though.

I'm fine with the update!(not that I play online and even if I did I would have no one to play with...). :( From what I read the "Better Together" update will allow those of different consoles to play minecraft with each other. (Example: someone on the pc...windows 10 can now play with somebody on the xbox and vice-versa!)

Cool! Do you raise sheep as pets, or do you.....raise them as meat? :D

I met friends online when I was playing the minigames. I just added them to my friends list, and they messaged me asking to come into my world, so I said yes! It was pretty fun :D . I'm not sure about the update. I don't know how much of the game is going to be changed yet, so I can't say I'm happy about it, but I don't want Minecraft to be changed that much.

What is your favorite type of wood? Also, do you have a favorite skin?

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 8:47 pm

My favorite type of wood would be birch. I prefer my house to be light, I can't see why someone would want to be in a dark spruce house.

I raise sheep as pets and for wool. I usually don't like to kill my animals that I raise. My favorite skin would be the medieval knight. I like knights they're pretty cool!

Do you like Minecraft the way it is? What do you think will change when they do the update? I'm guessing your favorite skin is either the one stampy and/or squiddy uses?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 9:00 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
My favorite type of wood would be birch. I prefer my house to be light, I can't see why someone would want to be in a dark spruce house.

I raise sheep as pets and for wool. I usually don't like to kill my animals that I raise. My favorite skin would be the medieval knight. I like knights they're pretty cool!

Do you like Minecraft the way it is? What do you think will change when they do the update? I'm guessing your favorite skin is either the one stampy and/or squiddy uses?

I like birch and oak wood too! The only time I would use spruce and dark oak is on the corners so I can't see the wood inside.

I don't like to kill my animals either. I almost never kill sheep, because I love dying them different colors. I love the knight skin; it's pretty awesome! :D

I really like Minecraft the way it is. I don't know what the new update will be like, but I'm guessing it will be pretty fun! I play on Pocket Edition a lot, so it will be cool to see what changes (I hope PE gets jukeboxes :D ). My favorite skin is Stampy, yup! :D

Do you name your animals? Also, have you ever killed the Wither? What do you think the new update will be like?

CzigBot
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2017, 9:11 pm

The last time I played it was with industrial mod packs, eventually I got tired of all the micro crafting and crashing so I quit. I haven't played vanilla Minecraft in a very long time but I'm definitely not "too old" for it.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 9:14 pm

CzigBot wrote:
The last time I played it was with industrial mod packs, eventually I got tired of all the micro crafting and crashing so I quit. I haven't played vanilla Minecraft in a very long time but I'm definitely not "too old" for it.

Cool! I still love vanilla Minecraft :D .

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 9:57 pm

I have never killed the wither. It is very hard trying to get the things needed to fight it. I have not named any of my animals because everytime I had animals I didn't have name tags.

I don't think much will change with the new update besides that there will be cross-play between the pc and consoles. But if there was something that they could give us some already made furniture(like lamps, or couches, or tables.)

So what do you mainly do in Minecraft, Build houses, cities, caves? What were some of the strangest worlds that was generated when you made a new one?

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 3:24 am

AquaineBay wrote:

Ocean monuments are pretty common, actually. Sail around an ocean for long enough... not actually all that long... and as long as you're looking into the water enough, you will find them. If I recall correctly, potions of night vision actually make it easier to see into the water. I could be remembering that specific bit wrong though. But all in all, they arent too hard to find.

Sometimes you can also find them by sound. Guardians (blue spiky nightmares that fire lightning bolts) dont get along with squids, and constantly attack them, making a noise that doesnt sound like anything else in the game. Both guardians and squids spawn in extreme numbers around monuments, so when one is nearby, it's probably going to make noise. Over and over and over again.

On rare occaisions, really rare, if a monument is oddly close to the surface of the water, you'll DEFINITELY know you're close when one of the Elder Guardians inside it smacks you with the "cant freaking dig anything" spell. It's impossible not to notice when it happens.

The easiest and most reliable way to find one though: Buy a monument map from a cartographer. They're one of the white-robed villagers that can show up, and they sell maps to either ocean monuments, or Illager mansions (they also sell blank maps too). An ocean/mansion map costs around 16-20 emerald and a compass. Which isnt a bad price for all the rewards you can get in the end, since they lead you directly to those structures. Easiest ways to get emerald are to look for villagers that want wheat, paper, or coal. It's easy to get these things in bulk if you do it right.

I recommend not going to a monument though unless you have boatloads of powerful stuff. They're made to be endgame content, and so are extremely dangerous. Guardians hit like freight trains, and have an attack that's literally undodgable. The only way to stop the bolt once it's locked on to you is to break line of sight. If you dont, you *will* get hit. Even diamond armor has trouble with these attacks. I never enter a monument without heavy enchantments and three specific types of potions. And the water walking boots. Lastly, each monument requires that you defeat three Elder Guardians, which are basically buffed up versions of the normal ones. They hit *really* hard and have alot of HP, and are usually surrounded by the smaller ones. Until you've defeated all three of them, you wont be able to dig at any of the blocks in or around the monument.

It's worth it though. Prismarine blocks make for a very attractive building material. The real prize though is the sponges; it's the only place in the game you can get this rare block type (which can have some fun uses). You can also find a big blob of gold in every monument, but it's hidden in a specific wall that always spawns in each one.

Anyway, it's interesting to see all of the conversation that is going on here with this! This is one of those games where I could talk about it all day, but people I know generally arent into it much. They'd rather be playing Dark Souls over and over.

I mostly play Survival myself (always on Hard mode). I sometimes have small mods on strictly to increase the challenge (giving the vanilla experience otherwise).

Also, the Wither: You arent missing much by not fighting this one. It's a broken boss. It's a pure gear-check: You either have strong enough armor, or it kills you. Simple as that. It's entire attack pattern is totally busted and never got fixed (sigh...). The other way to kill it is to do a cheap-kill, where you build a box that makes it unable to move and just stab it over and over, but.... to me, what the heck is the point of a fight like that if you're just going to cheat? But yeah, it just isnt well made. I wonder if there are any mods that specifically make that fight not suck.

There's also the fact that the Nether Star it drops is.... mostly useless. It only makes Beacons, which are also useless. Cool-looking, but useless. And you can get Beacons in the extended End area anyway, on those floating ships.

I see Ocelots were mentioned. I wish those would show up more! Jungle biomes are way too rare. Which is annoying, as I love having a cat sitting around my distorted mess of a house.

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 11:39 am

So misery what you're saying is I am never going to a ocean monument unless I am nigh indestructible. If that is the case then I really wouldn't care if I ever go as I hate challenging areas where you have to be near god level to even beat it, just not worth it...

I was lucky enough to spawn right next to a jungle biome, I have had worlds that had jungle biomes sometimes more than one!(I didn't know they were even rare!)

The one biome I never see is the one with red sandstone(don't remember what its called.)

So Misery what kind of things you build in survival? Another thing, how do you put what someone wrote in your reply, I see many people do it but I can't figure it out!?