Do You Still Play Minecraft?
Yes 75%  75%  [ 18 ]
No 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 24

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2017, 2:24 pm

It seems as though most of my peers are "too old" for Minecraft so I was wondering if anybody on Wrongplanet enjoyed the game :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 5:03 am

I used to play Minecraft but eventually got bored with it. Haven't touched the game in something like 4 years.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 7:29 am

Yeah, I get it. The game can become boring after a while, especially if it isn't related to a special interest :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 9:52 am

When I was a kid, there was no such thing as video games. I used to play pinball LOL

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 10:32 am

Yay pinball! Have you ever played Minecraft kraftiekortie?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:22 am

I don't even know what it looks like LOL

I played Wii once---at a Best Buy. It was a bowling game. It was cool.

The last video game I was really into was Ms PacMan, about 30 years ago. I was already in my 20's at the time.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:26 am

You probably don't want to know what it looks like lol. The graphics are not exactly "edge-cutting technology". :D

I've played WII bowling before as well. It's pretty fun.

Wow, I think I had a small electronic version of that game. I bet you can still buy it today.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:32 am

In the 1980s, home video games were terrible as far as graphics were concerned. That's why people went to arcades to play video games back then.

I believe the first viable home video games came out in the 1990s. Nintendo and GameBoy come to mind.

It would be very difficult to play Ms PacMan in something smaller than what you see in arcades.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:40 am

Yeah I've seen pictures of some of those games on the Internet. They don't look quite as amazing as games today :D .

I don't know what the thing I had was. It wasn't very stable, though- it broke soon after I put batteries in it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:50 am

It probably wasn't very good, then.....

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:58 am

It wasn't :D .

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 12:30 am

I'll never understand the "too old for that" comments that people sometimes leave, when it comes to Minecraft.

In fact, quite ALOT of players are of the age category that corresponds with that. The game absolutely is for all ages. The fact that it's so modable just reinforces that.

Alot of gamers these days have a really, really bloody stupid idea of what's "mature" or not. Frankly, calling games "kiddy" simply because they arent filled with guns and blood is VERY immature.

If you want to play a particular game, then just play the blasted thing, is what I always say, and to heck with what anyone else thinks. YOU make the decisions for yourself. That's ACTUAL maturity.

Now, as for me? Yep, I play it. I'm 35. I've been really into Minecraft since it originally appeared. PC version, both vanilla and modded, depending on my mood. When modded, I usually use mods that increase the difficulty.

As a rule I just play whatever game I want to, and I figure, if someone doesnt like it, well.... bloody tough. It's their problem, not mine.

....I'll stop ranting now. The whole "too old for that" idea always gets me fired up.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 12:45 pm

Misery wrote:
I'll never understand the "too old for that" comments that people sometimes leave, when it comes to Minecraft.

In fact, quite ALOT of players are of the age category that corresponds with that. The game absolutely is for all ages. The fact that it's so modable just reinforces that.

Alot of gamers these days have a really, really bloody stupid idea of what's "mature" or not. Frankly, calling games "kiddy" simply because they arent filled with guns and blood is VERY immature.

If you want to play a particular game, then just play the blasted thing, is what I always say, and to heck with what anyone else thinks. YOU make the decisions for yourself. That's ACTUAL maturity.

Now, as for me? Yep, I play it. I'm 35. I've been really into Minecraft since it originally appeared. PC version, both vanilla and modded, depending on my mood. When modded, I usually use mods that increase the difficulty.

As a rule I just play whatever game I want to, and I figure, if someone doesnt like it, well.... bloody tough. It's their problem, not mine.

....I'll stop ranting now. The whole "too old for that" idea always gets me fired up.

I know- most people my age can't wait to grow up, while I can't wait to be a kid forever :D .

I'm glad I've never really cared about what anyone else thinks; it must be horrible to constantly feel the need to "fit in".

Minecraft wasn't even a game that was supposed to be for children- Notch developed it with adults in mind. I wonder how people can take something and automatically decide whether it is "childish" or not.

Thanks for replying :D .

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 2:28 pm

I played it a little when I had a PS3.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 3:08 pm

KyleTheGhost wrote:
I played it a little when I had a PS3.

Cool! What happened to your PS3?q

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 11:42 pm

I just started playing it a few months ago.