Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2017, 11:37 am

Usually: Whatever works for you, whatever feels good for you.

Looking back, these kinds of doubts usually arise when you are not content with the situation. To me it sounds like you are looking for "real" friends that will invite you home and things like that.

Quote:
This is kind of annoying because none of my friends ever invite me over either

Sounds like this really bothers you..so yes, you should try to change something about that.

Quote:
and I can't stand talking on the phone so I never call them.

You don't have to. You can write the old-fashioned email or text them to ask them out.

Edit: Becomes less clear reading your other posts...still I have the feeling that it's not just about what your psychologist says. But I might be wrong :oops:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:46 am

So do you think I am unhappy with the "friend situation"? Should I try to invite people to do things more often? I would like it if one of my friends invited me over. I am starting to realize that I may not be happy with the amount of socializing I get. It's ok if you are wrong- you have useful advice :D . Thanks for replying btw.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:49 am

Are you happy in the situation you're in now? If so, I wouldn't change it.

I would take things by ear. If you like someone, just ask them if they would like to go somewhere, or to just hang out. But don't be too forceful about it.

And definitely, if you're texting the person, don't ask the person where they are at the moment. I find it irritating when people constantly want to know where you are. People like privacy.

You shouldn't "force yourself" to make friends, in my opinion.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 20 Jul 2017, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:55 am

I feel OK with the amount of socializing I get now. Sometimes I wish I could see some people more often, but I guess I can see them when school starts again.

I don't want to force myself to make friends either. I feel like 2-4 friends is enough, but I do enjoy spending time with the ones I have :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:56 am

Well...there you have it. You answered your own question :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:00 pm

Yay I solved my thread lol :D .

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2017, 12:11 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
So do you think I am unhappy with the "friend situation"? Should I try to invite people to do things more often? I would like it if one of my friends invited me over. I am starting to realize that I may not be happy with the amount of socializing I get. It's ok if you are wrong- you have useful advice :D . Thanks for replying btw.

Yes, you should try that!
But you have to bear in mind that there's always the possibility that they only see you as acquaintance. This can be disappointing at first. At first... Because, you know, there are so many other (like-minded) people out there, even if you might not think so right now ;) You just have to find them.

Edit: Several people posted in between, so my posting is outdated again...

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:16 pm

anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

But you have to bear in mind that there's always the possibility that they only see you as acquaintance. This can be disappointing at first. At first... Because, you know, there are so many other (like-minded) people out there, even if you might not think so right now ;) You just have to find them.

It's OK :D it's still great advice. I think that some people my consider me just an acquaintance, so I am going to invite one person over soon. Thanks again!

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2017, 12:19 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
anti_gone wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

It's OK :D it's still great advice. I think that some people my consider me just an acquaintance, so I am going to invite one person over soon. Thanks again!

Glad I could help you :) Would be great if you could keep me updated on that, if that's ok for you, always curious how things turn out :oops:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:29 pm

Of course! I'm curious as to how it will turn out as well :D .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:34 pm

How badly do you want to invite this person over? Only do it if you really feel like doing it.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:39 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
How badly do you want to invite this person over? Only do it if you really feel like doing it.

One person I would like to have over about 60% and the other might be more like 40% :D .

Hopefully that made some sense :D .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:43 pm

It does make sense. I never like anybody 100% LOL

What is the 40% in the person who you like 60%?

And the 60% in the person you like 40%?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:51 pm

I'm sorry- I don't quite understand what you mean (bad at math :D ).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:55 pm

You said you want to hang out with somebody "60%." Which means that there is 40% of that somebody which does not incline you towards hanging out with that person (though you may still like the person).

What is it that makes you not to want to hang out with that person?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 1:03 pm

Oh now I understand :D

The 40% of why I don't want the 60% person to come over is because I have nothing to talk about with them so I sit there in silence.

The 60% of why I don't want the 40% person to come over is because they are quite negative a fair amount of the time and they don't really like anything I like- it is childish to them that I carry around my Squid toy everywhere.