Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2017, 9:26 am

Visual Stim

Edit: I took a screen capture of the webpage and converted it into a looping animated gif in case anyone wants to keep it. I didn't do any size or quality optimizations so it's 23Mb. Not sure anyone cares in the age of broadband.

Downloadable

Last edited by soloha on 20 Jul 2017, 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 9:28 am

Wow that's amazing! It's so pleasing to look at :)

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 9:29 am

If I'm in the bathroom, I always tend to count the tiles, and to try to discern patterns in the tiles.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 9:35 am

mind blowing.

I wonder what the piece of music in the back ground is.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 9:36 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If I'm in the bathroom, I always tend to count the tiles, and to try to discern patterns in the tiles.

I do that too. I never thought of it as stimming :D I also like watching ceiling fans, and when I was a baby, I would hold things in front of my face and watch them fall to the ground.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 9:44 am

It was a bit too much for me to take in all at once , didn't know where to look , but following just one balls journey was quite therapeutic

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 9:52 am

I've often found myself watching those screensavers on DVD players for up to half an hour at a time - the ones where an oval-shaped icon bounces around the screen and comes off the edges at varying angles.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 9:58 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I tended to look for shapes like animals , people , faces etc in patterned tiles , I can still vividly remember the bathroom tiles I had in my early teens because I could see a sheep in them ( it was just a random pattern though )

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 10:28 am

DeepHour wrote:
I've often found myself watching those screensavers on DVD players for up to half an hour at a time - the ones where an oval-shaped icon bounces around the screen and comes off the edges at varying angles.

I love doing that! Sometimes when people are giving a presentation, the screensaver comes on the computer and I just stare at it and miss everything they say.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 11:34 am

naturalplastic wrote:
mind blowing.

It's sounds like something out of a Pee Wee Herman Movie

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 12:28 pm

LOL, my first reaction was, Cool! That lasted for about three quarters of one second, and then I said, "Hmm, it looks like the pattern repeats about half way across the screen -- how wide is each segment?" I adjusted the magnification on my monitor until I got two and a half copies of the pattern horizontally. Then I noticed the vertical repeat, but only about one and one tenth of that unit appears on my screen. So the individual pattern tiles are "portrait" shaped -- maybe designed for a mobile phone? Don't have one, so I can't investigate that theory.

I think that was an aspie reaction. :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2017, 2:36 pm

Darmok wrote:
LOL, my first reaction was, Cool! That lasted for about three quarters of one second, and then I said, "Hmm, it looks like the pattern repeats about half way across the screen -- how wide is each segment?" I adjusted the magnification on my monitor until I got two and a half copies of the pattern horizontally. Then I noticed the vertical repeat, but only about one and one tenth of that unit appears on my screen. So the individual pattern tiles are "portrait" shaped -- maybe designed for a mobile phone? Don't have one, so I can't investigate that theory.

Totally :D (and at full size it repeats more than that ... on my screen the pattern exists across a 2x4 grid ... it still fascinates me)

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 2:43 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
mind blowing.

The music was from Pee Wee Hermans Big Adventure , it's called Breakfast Machine by Danny Elfman and you can see why the music was used if you watch the video :D

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2017, 2:53 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
mind blowing.

The music was from Pee Wee Hermans Big Adventure , it's called Breakfast Machine by Danny Elfman and you can see why the music was used if you watch the video :D

wait what? there's actually music? i didn't hear anything.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 3:01 pm

soloha wrote:
wait what? there's actually music? i didn't hear anything.

I wouldn't of noticed either if naturalplastic hadn't mentioned it, I surf in silence so I don't annoy my GF watching TV :D

soloha
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2017, 3:11 pm

soloha wrote:
Darmok wrote:

Totally :D (and at full size it repeats more than that ... on my screen the pattern exists across a 2x4 grid ... it still fascinates me)

Neeeverrmind ... it tiles. On my mobile its a 4x2 grid. Guess it just depends on your screen size ... and I STILL don't hear music :)