Page 9 of 18 [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 18  Next

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:59 am

With a tennis player as the subject of my screen name, it is entirely natural. In addition to Istomin, I also like Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer. I was so excited when Ferrer won his first tournament in two years. He's not done yet!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 9:45 am

TheAP wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheAP- I know you are interested in autism and choose your own adventure books; have you ever written a choose your own adventure about autism? :D

No, but that's an interesting idea. I may have to think about that.

Hehe :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 9:46 am

IstominFan wrote:
With a tennis player as the subject of my screen name, it is entirely natural. In addition to Istomin, I also like Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer. I was so excited when Ferrer won his first tournament in two years. He's not done yet!

Wow that's great! I hope he does well :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 4:31 pm

Currently:

Death Note
The band Kiss (especially Paul Stanley)
Splatoon
Minions

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 4:54 pm

EclecticWarrior wrote:
Currently:

Death Note
The band Kiss (especially Paul Stanley)
Splatoon
Minions

Cool! I love Splatoon since Stampy plays it- I'm watching one of his Splatoon 2 videos right now.

EverythingAndNothing
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2017, 5:28 pm

My special interests over the past few years have been mostly physical. For the past year, I've been obsessed with the sport of powerlifting and I now compete and read everything that I can on it. A few years ago, I became totally obsessed with juggling and I practiced and read about it for hours every day until I could juggle 5 balls.

However, I've also had more information-based obsessions. I went through a few months where I read everything I could on ants and I also used to have a special interest in specific mental illnesses that lasted several years.

Personally, I recognize that it's a special interest when it's basically all that I think and talk about.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 5:42 pm

EverythingAndNothing wrote:
My special interests over the past few years have been mostly physical. For the past year, I've been obsessed with the sport of powerlifting and I now compete and read everything that I can on it. A few years ago, I became totally obsessed with juggling and I practiced and read about it for hours every day until I could juggle 5 balls.

However, I've also had more information-based obsessions. I went through a few months where I read everything I could on ants and I also used to have a special interest in specific mental illnesses that lasted several years.

Personally, I recognize that it's a special interest when it's basically all that I think and talk about.

Cool! It's awesome how you can juggle 5 balls.

I think a lot about special interests, and I basically do them all day. This forum has almost satisfied the need to talk all day about my special interest though lol.

EverythingAndNothing
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2017, 5:54 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I think a lot about special interests, and I basically do them all day. This forum has almost satisfied the need to talk all day about my special interest though lol.

The juggling obsession was a fun one because I felt that it didn't annoy people very much when I talked about it. I had to juggle outdoors so random people would always approach me to ask me about it and they seemed to find it interesting even when I'd start rambling on because it was such a unique thing to be into around here.

I can see how this forum can help with talking about it all the time, especially if the forum itself is the special interest! :) What was your special interest before joining here?

Mewbeez
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2017, 10:22 am

A special interest to me is something I can't stop thinking about and that gives me positive feelings. It always finds a way into my mind, even while doing other things.

I've had an obsession with the Japanese language for more than two years, though I'm more interested in playing video games during certain periods.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 10:31 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

The juggling obsession was a fun one because I felt that it didn't annoy people very much when I talked about it. I had to juggle outdoors so random people would always approach me to ask me about it and they seemed to find it interesting even when I'd start rambling on because it was such a unique thing to be into around here.

I can see how this forum can help with talking about it all the time, especially if the forum itself is the special interest! :) What was your special interest before joining here?

My special interest before joining here was probably Stampy Cat (a Minecraft YouTuber). I also loved reading and would read things obsessively (I was hyperlexic lol).

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 10:33 am

Mewbeez wrote:
A special interest to me is something I can't stop thinking about and that gives me positive feelings. It always finds a way into my mind, even while doing other things.

I've had an obsession with the Japanese language for more than two years, though I'm more interested in playing video games during certain periods.

I like your definition of a special interest :D . I can really relate to it.

What kinds of video games do you like?

Mewbeez
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2017, 10:36 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Mewbeez wrote:

Right now I'm playing a lot of Fire Emblem. Other than that I like Zelda, Shin Megami Tensei, Ace Attorney and Xenoblade Chronicles. I bascially like all kinds of video games.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 10:37 am

Yep...that is an excellent definition of a "Special Interest" in the Aspie sense of the phrase.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 10:38 am

Mewbeez wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Mewbeez wrote:

Right now I'm playing a lot of Fire Emblem. Other than that I like Zelda, Shin Megami Tensei, Ace Attorney and Xenoblade Chronicles. I bascially like all kinds of video games.

I love Zelda because my favorite YouTuber plays it :D . Have you played Zelda: Breath of the Wild yet?

Mewbeez
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2017, 10:41 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Mewbeez wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Mewbeez wrote:

I love Zelda because my favorite YouTuber plays it :D . Have you played Zelda: Breath of the Wild yet?

Yes, but I haven't completed it yet due to my Fire Emblem obsession. I think I'm about 30 hours into the game. I'll get back to it soon and then I want to try completing everything possible in the game.

Who is your favourite YouTuber, if I may ask?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 10:43 am

Mewbeez wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Mewbeez wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Mewbeez wrote:

Yes, but I haven't completed it yet due to my Fire Emblem obsession. I think I'm about 30 hours into the game. I'll get back to it soon and then I want to try completing everything possible in the game.

Who is your favourite YouTuber, if I may ask?

My favorite YouTuber is Stampy Cat :D . Do you have a favorite YouTuber? Yeah, I've heard Zelda: BOTW can take ages to complete.