Page 8 of 18 [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 3:08 pm

I thought you would want to :D . What is your favorite thing about space?

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 8:01 pm

My current obsession is multiculturalism.

Others include:

The Winter and Summer Olympics
The Kinks
John Lennon and the song, Imagine
Germany

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 8:11 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
My current obsession is multiculturalism.

Others include:

The Winter and Summer Olympics
The Kinks
John Lennon and the song, Imagine
Germany

Cool! What is your favorite sport in the Olympics? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 10:46 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
It's not my current obsession, but when I was three, I was obsessed with 101 Dalmatians and I think it was my most intense special interest ever. It was also my first. I was so obsessed with it that I only would wear clothes that had dalmatians on them. I couldn't wear anything else for at least a year. That also was the year I was first diagnosed.

Wow, that's pretty intense! When I was 11 months old, all I would do was read. My parents had to hide all my books to get me to explore other toys :D .

Eventually, my family started showing me other movies with dogs in them and then my special interest widened to dogs and different dog breeds. I've had a few different special interests since then, most of them have been related to TV shows or actresses.

That's cool :D . What do you like now?

Doctor Who, Torchwood and an actress from that show, Eve Myles :)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 11:11 am

TheSilentOne wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
It's not my current obsession, but when I was three, I was obsessed with 101 Dalmatians and I think it was my most intense special interest ever. It was also my first. I was so obsessed with it that I only would wear clothes that had dalmatians on them. I couldn't wear anything else for at least a year. That also was the year I was first diagnosed.

Wow, that's pretty intense! When I was 11 months old, all I would do was read. My parents had to hide all my books to get me to explore other toys :D .

Eventually, my family started showing me other movies with dogs in them and then my special interest widened to dogs and different dog breeds. I've had a few different special interests since then, most of them have been related to TV shows or actresses.

That's cool :D . What do you like now?

Doctor Who, Torchwood and an actress from that show, Eve Myles :)

Cool :D .

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 7:52 pm

CockneyRebel,

I like the Olympics, too. My favorite Summer sports are track, tennis, gymnastics and swimming. In the Winter Olympics, my favorite sport is figure skating.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 7:54 pm

IstominFan wrote:
CockneyRebel,

I like the Olympics, too. My favorite Summer sports are track, tennis, gymnastics and swimming. In the Winter Olympics, my favorite sport is figure skating.

How did I guess tennis would be on the list of your favorite sports :D ?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 9:41 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheAP- I know you are interested in autism and choose your own adventure books; have you ever written a choose your own adventure about autism? :D

No, but that's an interesting idea. I may have to think about that.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 8:59 am

With a tennis player as the subject of my screen name, it is entirely natural. In addition to Istomin, I also like Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer. I was so excited when Ferrer won his first tournament in two years. He's not done yet!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 9:45 am

TheAP wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheAP- I know you are interested in autism and choose your own adventure books; have you ever written a choose your own adventure about autism? :D

No, but that's an interesting idea. I may have to think about that.

Hehe :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 9:46 am

IstominFan wrote:
With a tennis player as the subject of my screen name, it is entirely natural. In addition to Istomin, I also like Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer. I was so excited when Ferrer won his first tournament in two years. He's not done yet!

Wow that's great! I hope he does well :D .

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 4:31 pm

Currently:

Death Note
The band Kiss (especially Paul Stanley)
Splatoon
Minions

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 4:54 pm

EclecticWarrior wrote:
Currently:

Death Note
The band Kiss (especially Paul Stanley)
Splatoon
Minions

Cool! I love Splatoon since Stampy plays it- I'm watching one of his Splatoon 2 videos right now.

EverythingAndNothing
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2017, 5:28 pm

My special interests over the past few years have been mostly physical. For the past year, I've been obsessed with the sport of powerlifting and I now compete and read everything that I can on it. A few years ago, I became totally obsessed with juggling and I practiced and read about it for hours every day until I could juggle 5 balls.

However, I've also had more information-based obsessions. I went through a few months where I read everything I could on ants and I also used to have a special interest in specific mental illnesses that lasted several years.

Personally, I recognize that it's a special interest when it's basically all that I think and talk about.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 5:42 pm

EverythingAndNothing wrote:
My special interests over the past few years have been mostly physical. For the past year, I've been obsessed with the sport of powerlifting and I now compete and read everything that I can on it. A few years ago, I became totally obsessed with juggling and I practiced and read about it for hours every day until I could juggle 5 balls.

However, I've also had more information-based obsessions. I went through a few months where I read everything I could on ants and I also used to have a special interest in specific mental illnesses that lasted several years.

Personally, I recognize that it's a special interest when it's basically all that I think and talk about.

Cool! It's awesome how you can juggle 5 balls.

I think a lot about special interests, and I basically do them all day. This forum has almost satisfied the need to talk all day about my special interest though lol.

EverythingAndNothing
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2017, 5:54 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
EverythingAndNothing wrote:

Cool! It's awesome how you can juggle 5 balls.

I think a lot about special interests, and I basically do them all day. This forum has almost satisfied the need to talk all day about my special interest though lol.

The juggling obsession was a fun one because I felt that it didn't annoy people very much when I talked about it. I had to juggle outdoors so random people would always approach me to ask me about it and they seemed to find it interesting even when I'd start rambling on because it was such a unique thing to be into around here.

I can see how this forum can help with talking about it all the time, especially if the forum itself is the special interest! :) What was your special interest before joining here?