Yes 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
No 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
I don't know 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 15

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 6:03 pm

I've read many accounts from people with an ASD who think that the Friendship Quotient isn't a reliable test. What do you get on the FQ? Do you think it accurately describes your friendship skills/status?

If you haven't taken the test yet, you can take it here: http://www.aspietests.org/fq/index.php

My score is 42 :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2017, 7:29 pm

95.0 8O

This is weird because it would mean my score is higher than the average neurotypical score. I guess that's because I will almost talk to anyone about my feelings, my failures, my wishes etc., I just don't have enough boundaries to keep my mouth shut and trust people too easily.

So, no, I don't think it's reliable... :D

(but, yes, my friends are important to me. I wish I could get along with people other than friends or familiy...)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2017, 7:41 pm

anti_gone wrote:
95.0 8O

This is weird because it would mean my score is higher than the average neurotypical score. I guess that's because I will almost talk to anyone about my feelings, my failures, my wishes etc., I just don't have enough boundaries to keep my mouth shut and trust people too easily.

So, no, I don't think it's reliable... :D

(but, yes, my friends are important to me. I wish I could get along with people other than friends or familiy...)

Good :D. If it is reliable, I score too low, but even if it is reliable, I don't really mind my low score. I wish I could get along with other people too. I get along well with family and friends, but they almost all have suspected ASD or OCD, so I don't have a lot of training on how to interact with NT's.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jul 2017, 2:26 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
[...] I wish I could get along with other people too. I get along well with family and friends, but they almost all have suspected ASD or OCD, so I don't have a lot of training on how to interact with NT's.

Same for me, on the most part...

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 2:38 pm

Yeah, I think we are drawn to each other :D . At school, I make friends with kids that are similar to me- not popular whatsoever, obsessive, and easily overwhelmed.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 7:56 pm

I got 56.0. I don't have any friends but it kept asking about friendship so I answered it as what I would do hypothotically. I don't think it's reliable if you have no friends.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 8:03 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I got 56.0. I don't have any friends but it kept asking about friendship so I answered it as what I would do hypothotically. I don't think it's reliable if you have no friends.

A lot of people wouldn't consider my friends "friends" either. I'm not quite sure if it's even reliable for those that do have friends. Thanks for replying, by the way! :D

Soliloquist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Jul 2017, 9:16 pm

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 9:18 pm

Soliloquist wrote:

Do you think that score accurately depicts your friendship skills?

Aspendos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Jul 2017, 8:06 am

45. I don't have (close or casual) friends, so most of the questions don't really make sense. Tried to interpolate from the one time I did have a friend. Not reliable, though, for people like me.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 8:11 am

Aspendos wrote:
45. I don't have (close or casual) friends, so most of the questions don't really make sense. Tried to interpolate from the one time I did have a friend. Not reliable, though, for people like me.

Got it :D . I don't know why these tests are around if a lot of the people here don't think they are reliable.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 8:31 am

I thought I was quite antisocial but I score 1 point lower than the mean average for NT males.
Seeing as I had a late diagnosis and I have a large exposure to people because I live above a pub, I think this is quite accurate.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 8:35 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
I thought I was quite antisocial but I score 1 point lower than the mean average for NT males.
Seeing as I had a late diagnosis and I have a large exposure to people because I live above a pub, I think this is quite accurate.

Congratulations! You are the first one to think that it is accurate :D .

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 8:38 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

I answered "Quite Easily" to being able to disclose my weaknesses.
It appears many answered "Very Difficult".

A test that assumes who you are, produces a result one doesn't like yet gets it reasonably close to the mark is often going to be met with disapproval.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 8:42 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:

I answered "Quite Easily" to being able to disclose my weaknesses.
It appears many answered "Very Difficult".

A test that assumes who you are, produces a result one doesn't like yet gets it reasonably close to the mark is often going to be met with disapproval.

I answered "Quite Easily" to that question as well- still got a low score lol. I think my score is probably more accurate than I want to think it is, but I still think I have friends.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:03 am

That's...unexpected.