Page 2 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jul 2017, 1:57 pm

I love indie and metal and some other stuff, so yes, if the club is playing that kind of music and I can dance it's great. Even though I like some electronica, I find parties with electronic music mostly boring, I guess it's because I cannot sing along or bang my head or totally freak out to my favorite song :D

About the loudness: I use earplugs so that's fine. I do have problems with some sounds (e.g. motorcycles), but music it totally different to me. I also enjoy going to smaller festivals and concerts.

Light: Don't have any problems with light.

Cigarette smoke: There's no smoking allowed in clubs where I live...

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 3:44 pm

I hate nightclubs, absolutely cannot dance no matter how intoxicated I am, hate loud bars, have never gone to a concert in my life. I don't like large groups of people and I can't stand the noise and sensory hell. I completely shutdown socially if I am with more than 1 person. I prefer to stay away from such places.

13quant13
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

23 Jul 2017, 3:55 pm

Nightclubs are not my scene. The music normally played there is stuff that I don't like and grates on my nerves. The dancing is really awkward and claustrophobic. Occasionally, someone will try to chat me up and as soon as I respond to them, it's like an alarm goes off that tells them I'm not on their same mental wavelength and am having next door to zero fun.

By contrast, I enjoy going to rock concerts with a crowd of people -- I prefer to be at the very front though, so I don't have people on every side of me. Drinking and chilling at a bar is also a favorite activity, just remove the nightclub out of the equation.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 4:01 pm

Noca wrote:
I hate nightclubs, absolutely cannot dance no matter how intoxicated I am

can't or wont ? as dancing is subjective

Just thought I post this as well , this video is awesome , I think it's an Islamic dance

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2017, 6:39 pm

The strange thing is that I can't bare pubs. I can go to a nightclub but not a pub. All the guys shouting loudly hurt my ears and telling jokes I don't understand. Everyone tries to talk to me, the pub seems a bit too much of a social place. Guys always trying to talk to me about football, football and darts scores when I don't watch sport. Gets a bit too much

crs927
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2017, 3:46 am

Wow, so the majority of aspies hate nightclubs? lol

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:59 pm

Roo95 wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if any other aspies have ever been to a nightclub and enjoyed it? I understand for some of us with sensory issues, the lights, smells and loud music may cause issues, and nightclub isn't really the usual place an aspie visits, but I have been dragged along to one a few times with my close friends, we got drunk before we went in so it was pretty easy as I quite enjoyed the feeling of being drunk as my anxiety dissapears. Though the place was packed, I enjoyed the loud music and lights very Much, ordering drinks was no issue. I even tried to talk to a girl but failed. I would just sit down and enjoy the music and the alcahol while my NT friends danced and I will admit I have had some good nights in these night clubs until I get kicked out for being sick. Even on holiday in Turkey with my sister I was the same, at the bar getting drunk every night, even making some drunk friends. Usually I hate noisy busy places but not these. Anyone else have similar experiences?

HELL NO in fact they are part of my definition of Hell itself. I don't drink, and blaring music and flashing lights, and everyone dancing so close and smiling those phoney NT smiles and showing off clothes the paid way to much for just for this crap?

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:03 pm

Found them incredibly overstimulating and disorientating.
I don't go to them any more.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:10 am

Twenty bucks to get in the door, close to ten more for a bottle of bud lite...that was 20 years ago. I'd hate to know what things are like now, and all just to be alone in a loud, sweaty place and feeling invisible.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:35 am

crs927 wrote:
Wow, so the majority of aspies hate nightclubs? lol

stop the presses.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2017, 5:22 am

Roo95 wrote:
The strange thing is that I can't bare pubs. I can go to a nightclub but not a pub. All the guys shouting loudly hurt my ears and telling jokes I don't understand. Everyone tries to talk to me, the pub seems a bit too much of a social place. Guys always trying to talk to me about football, football and darts scores when I don't watch sport. Gets a bit too much

Actually, I know pubs with a more alternative (?) crowd (don't know the right expression for that in English) where people are not interested in football. Pubs with indie or punk or metal music just like the indie/metal/punk clubs I mentioned.

Maybe this depends on where you live, I live in a bigger city so there are many different kinds of bars and clubs in terms of music, people, decoration, loudness, light...

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 6:15 am

I have sort of a love-hate relationship with night clubs. Not my favorite places to be, especially with the playlists in most of them consisting almost solely of boring tunes that the DJs somehow think haven't been played on the radio enough, but if a group of friends happens to go into one, I'll oblige. I do like watching the colorful lights, though.

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2017, 7:26 am

anti_gone wrote:
Roo95 wrote:

Actually, I know pubs with a more alternative (?) crowd (don't know the right expression for that in English) where people are not interested in football. Pubs with indie or punk or metal music just like the indie/metal/punk clubs I mentioned.

Maybe this depends on where you live, I live in a bigger city so there are many different kinds of bars and clubs in terms of music, people, decoration, loudness, light...

I know what you mean I think, when I was in Spain with my family I visited a great rock bar in a town called loret de mar, it was similar to a pub but as you said, no one cared about sport, they just went there for the music and alcohol, and I loved this place because they only played rock music like Nirvana, ACDC, pearl jam and so on, my favorite kind of music, the decor was great, pictures of Kurt Cobain and other legendary rock stars all over the walls, no fancy flashing lights, just how I like it. Would happily go to Spain again to visit this bar

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:30 am

I don't like loud bars. It's hard to talk and there's often nothing else to do besides drink. If I'm going to go out somewhere, I at least want to be able to talk to people. I know people go out to dance, but I don't dance. I also don't like places that don't serve food.