Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:11 am

I so love Coke!

I know it's bad for you and all that, but oh, there's nothing to beat how a Coke "hits the spot."

I also love a really good cream soda. I once bought a brand called "Olde Brooklyn," lol!

I bought it in Texas! Do they actually make and sell it in Brooklyn I wonder? :lol:

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:13 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I'm definitely a Coke man myself. I also like some of those "crystal" drinks.

Me too nowadays but I prefer the taste of the next generation - Pepsi - I'd be nice to Coke but I'd marry Pepsi :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:15 am

BirdInFlight wrote:

I also love a really good cream soda. I once bought a brand called "Olde Brooklyn," lol!

cream soda - bleaurgh :pale:

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 10:19 am

Haha, it's funny but a lot of people feel that way about cream soda! :lol:

I love it!

But I once offered to serve nice cold cans of cream soda (it was all I had in the house at the time) to two delivery men who delivered my new sofa on a hot day -- and they both made horrible faces, hahahah! :lol: Oh well, more for me!

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2017, 10:43 am

SaveFerris wrote:
I haven't been Dx so it might not be useful information to you but I used to go to nightclubs and rock gigs and I had lots of anxiety at places throughout the night ( leaving the house , entering the club etc ) but I always needed to get wasted otherwise going out was a non starter. I'm not sure if I had sensory issues back then or just didn't understand them but I really enjoyed loud music as it drowned out nearly everything for me , if it wasn't loud enough it definitely impacted on my night.

I understand exactly what you mean, on leaving the house you don't know what to expect when you get here, how many people will be there, what kind of music will they play, will the bouncers let me in, dreading having to interact with the taxi driver and so on. Like you said I also need to be wasted in order to go to a club with no anxieties or worries. Usually just down some vodka with my flat mates before leaving.

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2017, 10:46 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
I so love Coke!

I know it's bad for you and all that, but oh, there's nothing to beat how a Coke "hits the spot."

I bought it in Texas! Do they actually make and sell it in Brooklyn I wonder? :lol:

I was worried at first, I thought you meant cocaine lol, I stay away from fizzy stuff myself though would try cream soda.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 11:13 am

Only been to one nightclub, years ago. I found the loudness of the venue far less overbearing than the sheer press of people, but honestly beyond that don't remember too much about the experience, as I was extremely drunk. :roll:

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2017, 12:33 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I've never gotten drunk in my life. I just never developed a taste for the stuff.

They always say things like coffee and alcohol are "acquired" tastes. I just never "acquired" them.

Just like I never developed wisdom teeth.

Alcohol certainly Is an acquired taste. In my teens I began to like it, loved vodka, whisky, lager beer and so on and I liked the feeling of being drunk, the buzz was amazing, all worries gone, able to socialize easier also, but now I'm 21 and have completey gone off it, tastes discusting and just makes me sick.

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2017, 12:47 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
I made myself occasionally go to nightclubs when I was in my twenties expressly and solely because I thought it "should" be something I do. I had managed to make a couple of gal-pal friendships and once in a while we went. I was excited to go only because to my mind it seemed like I was making myself be "normal."

I didn't even like it. But like many things I tried to do in my life to "be normal," I put up with it. I suppressed my issues and forced myself.

I did this A LOT in my life. Which is partly why I'm now sick of doing so and beginning to demand that some things be the way I need them to be. Then you get people posting here telling you off for that, saying things like "the world can't accommodate all your needs just because you're an aspie."

Yeah well I've accommodated all the world's needs too much and I'm sick of it.

Sorry about the rant, just tired of the truth of my own life where I look back and realize all the things I forced myself to do and to "like."

So glad you mentioned this. I think I completely understand. I quite enjoyed it though as I'm comfortable as long as I'm with my close friends or brother, it takes my mind off the crowd of people, and being drunk. But I like you did stop enjoying it and no longer go. But I got fed up of my parents constantly saying that I should be out every weekend clubbing and drinking with friends and being mocked by them for not being like NT people my age then comparing me to them when they were my age. They never understood my AS, and that I wasn't like and didn't want to be like other NTs, same thing when they keep on trying to tell me to get a girlfriend, just want to be left alone to be myself

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2017, 12:52 pm

Raleigh wrote:
I like nightclubs and find the beat and lighting stimulating.
loudness doesn't really bother me because I'm kind of deaf.

That's exactly what I think. I don't really have any really bad sensory issues, I hate loud sounds like fireworks, car horns and motorbikes, they scare the crap out of me and fill Me with anxiety but loud music I really like, when I'm driving I will have my music loud if I'm alone on a quite road.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Jul 2017, 1:21 pm

No, no, no, OMG No! I could get anxious thinking about it. Even a pub is my idea of a nightmare, a night club, good god no!

And then here comes the edit...

My favourite band is The Fall (don't bother Googling them, you will hate them) I have been following them around like some 3rd division football club for the last 30 years plus. I own over 300 hundred bootlegs, over a 100 mp3's, over 70 vinyl albums and have seen them and their derivatives (The Blue Orchids, Factory Star, Brix and the Extricated) 100's of times. I am a member of a forum and know all of the groups biggest fans.

I almost never see anyone else... It appears I only like bands from Manchester... The Smiths, Joy Division, The Fall, The Membranes, New Order, The Buzzcocks, Magazine, most Factory Records groups...yadda, yadda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wygQmJ59E4Q

BBC: Radio 4

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 2:46 pm

Voxish wrote:
No, no, no, OMG No! I could get anxious thinking about it. Even a pub is my idea of a nightmare, a night club, good god no!

And then here comes the edit...

My favourite band is The Fall (don't bother Googling them, you will hate them)

Don't need to google , not a huge fan myself but my favourite song by htem is either Extricate or Victoria

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2017, 8:36 pm

I know a couple Aspies who are obsessed with strip clubs in case that counts.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 9:44 am

No. I can't stand the noise and the cigarette smoke. I also don't like to drink alcohol in public. I am still a relatively new driver and don't want the embarrassment of a DUI. I don't like drunk and obnoxious people coming up to me. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2017, 10:04 am

IstominFan wrote:
No. I can't stand the noise and the cigarette smoke. I also don't like to drink alcohol in public. I am still a relatively new driver and don't want the embarrassment of a DUI. I don't like drunk and obnoxious people coming up to me. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

Totally, thank god its illegal to smoke in pubs and clubs in the UK

BBC: Radio 4

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Jul 2017, 1:57 pm

I love indie and metal and some other stuff, so yes, if the club is playing that kind of music and I can dance it's great. Even though I like some electronica, I find parties with electronic music mostly boring, I guess it's because I cannot sing along or bang my head or totally freak out to my favorite song :D

About the loudness: I use earplugs so that's fine. I do have problems with some sounds (e.g. motorcycles), but music it totally different to me. I also enjoy going to smaller festivals and concerts.

Light: Don't have any problems with light.

Cigarette smoke: There's no smoking allowed in clubs where I live...