Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 6:45 pm

What it said. This ayem, I slept a little too late (getting up at 6:45 AM or so) for breakfast, missing it just barely, went back to bed, woke up about 11 ~ There is a lesser version of that same " too much direct sunlight comes in and my eyes are over-sun-exposed " thing in that shelter, I woke up finally about 11, had to bathroom and clean, left about 12, I had missed going to my workers that morning and decided I could live with that, I had my pills and the bedrest for a minimum of helping with my feet, and I decided I'd give them a day-of-leaving-them-alone chance, the " be nice and patient and don't ask and people will help you " theory, put that to t est regarding whether the workrs' (HOT0 would actually do anything regarding applying to get me into CCSF, which has to be successfully completed four weeks from to-day - Anyway, buying some food and sitting down on a curb to try and read and eat, briefly, someone tried to mug me. In high noon daylight.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 6:50 pm

If you have scheduled times to meet with these workers, you should make a point to not miss it. How are they going to help you apply to that CCSF thing if you don't even bother to show up to meetings with them?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 7:14 pm

...As far as that point goes, SL...the point is, over the past week - and I have FOUR MORE remaining weeks to get everything in place, to be admitted on and acceptable basis, and, then get enough cash/grant money to reasonably cover books and tech and what fees there are and improving my position, a few more decent clothes, maybe a storage space (as has been mentioned here before) and a P.O. box and a bank account - Then, from that, if it is in place, feeling in favorable enough health and personal position to actually go ! :-l
These are the " Three Ifs " of going, the 3d is entirely in my corner, but can't be approached fully til' 1 and 2 are resolved. 1, especially, has to start out with the workers' help, especially with my COMPLETE lack of any tech of my own now :cry: .
However, in this last week, the first of the five weeks til' the dead-line...The workers have shown a decided tendency to drag their feet and not do anything regarding the needed first steps for my application, the first of which they really have to do.
i/5 of the time is past, really, and they have done (appparently) nothing :( . Excuses/" It isn't my department/I didn't hear about it " :x on their pat. Or, it seems to point that way, anyways :| ...

Sweetleaf wrote:
If you have scheduled times to meet with these workers, you should make a point to not miss it. How are they going to help you apply to that CCSF thing if you don't even bother to show up to meetings with them?

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2017, 7:26 pm

...To continue with the story - I sat down on the curb. Someone came along, asked for money. I have little money myself, and don't like being approached, I tried to wriggle out. I He said something about " the busdriver's a b***h ".
I got up and started to go away. (It's lucky I hadn't really removed my food & newspaper & started to eat yet.) He put his foot on my crutch and said " I said NO ! ". I screamed " HELP "! Someone near me did notice, the attempted mugger went away. I'm a cripple, maybe I should be thrown to the wolves :cry: , right? For the good of the tribe. :(
Some people will advance this " If you're an outsider you shouldn't try to get help if attacked ", perhaps this " to live outside the law you must be honest " thing :evil: (I don't know if R. Zimmerman would say his line should be applied to that.) - but I remember a late homeless 'Nam vet/heroin addict homeless bud of mine who pooh-pooed such a " be a smaller fish for the bigger fish " philosophy.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 5:43 pm

...I should point out that the shelter doesn't let me stay all day even if I wanted to, U have 2 clear out at 12 noon and it's closed for a number of hours.
The thing is, regarding the CCSF attempt, I rather internalized the comments by some here that " Oh, your school records are unimportant for CC, you can apply easily " :( ~ And, when the Hot Team people seemed encouraging, I felt optimistic...and now, they are, a full week/20% into the deadline period, it appears that they have done NOTHING! as of yet! :cry: I do need help from their corner first, in setting it up, before I can involve myself more in the application process...

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jul 2017, 10:53 pm

Well, I got off work at 6 am, slept for 4 hours and then had to get up to go to my 2nd job, got home at 7:30, slept for another hour and back to the full time job. I wonder when I'll get my rest?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 5:12 pm

...At least compared to my immediate past situation, quite possible sooner than I ~ And you're likely in better health, age/etc. taken into consideration, than I am. Oh, and you proabaly haven't had 2 toes amputated just a few months back, joining earlier amputations :cry: . All but certainly have more stuff, and money at hand, :( than I do. Maybe got to go to uni too :| . Probably haven't had as much of your financial worth stolen from you in these last months as I have either :( .
I thought you were unconcerned about me ! :P I didn't even allude to you here :? .

Omniel wrote:
Well, I got off work at 6 am, slept for 4 hours and then had to get up to go to my 2nd job, got home at 7:30, slept for another hour and back to the full time job. I wonder when I'll get my rest?

Omniel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2017, 10:13 pm

I was talking about myself. No, no uni here. Couldn't afford to at the time and I'm long past school age.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:48 pm

I hate to tell you this, but if you need this stuff taken care of, you need to do it yourself. If you are relying on social workers, well, good luck with that.

[

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 7:40 pm

...I was, kind of, " giving them a chance/what (some) people around here say a chance" :cry: .

ote="drwho222"]I hate to tell you this, but if you need this stuff taken care of, you need to do it yourself. If you are relying on social workers, well, good luck with that.

[[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 5:38 pm

...To say this at more length, I was kind of carrying alonYessireebob, all the helpful people will be SO NICE to you and they'll get your application through, why, faster than you can say ' Skinky-dinky-doo ' ! !! !! !! !! ! " that some, anyway, people here IIRC have suggested to me :( ...I responded to the optimism-provoking response I received from the SWs Monday of last week, in a sense, I was " giving you people here a chance " :cry: . You mean it's NOT TRUE?

drwho222 wrote:
I hate to tell you this, but if you need this stuff taken care of, you need to do it yourself. If you are relying on social workers, well, good luck with that.

[

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 3:44 am

ASS-P wrote:
...I should point out that the shelter doesn't let me stay all day even if I wanted to, U have 2 clear out at 12 noon and it's closed for a number of hours.
The thing is, regarding the CCSF attempt, I rather internalized the comments by some here that " Oh, your school records are unimportant for CC, you can apply easily "

I've asked you this before and you did not answer, so I will ask you again.

Where did you get the idea that you need your high school transcripts to apply for CCSF? I do not see such a requirement anywhere on their website.

High school transcripts are only required for high school students who wish to attend CCSF on concurrant enrollment. They are strongly recommended for the high school diploma program and admission to their culinary arts and hospitality program, but not required. If you were to enroll in their diploma program without transcripts, you would simply not get credit for high school course work and have to take all of the courses.

If you are not currently a high school student, are not applying for their high school diploma program, and are not applying for their culinary arts and hospitality program, then you do not need to submit your high school transcripts.

You will eventually have to obtain your high school transcripts to submit to the university you intend to transfer to, but you do not need them at the time of application to CCSF.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:38 am

...You are right, I guess, and I was not trying to send the HS transcripts now ~ the point was, the whole " Oh, it really IS as easy as pie to get in ! !!" :cry: thing affected me, I followed along on that optimistic path ~ And at least for now, it's not so, certainly with the " friendly helpers " cement-blocking my way (The HOT people evidently refusing to to do anything in any way :(.). It's the whole " Oh, you can easily apply " story told to me here, and that just did not work out - at least now :( .

Chronos wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
The thing is, regarding the CCSF attempt, I rather internalized the comments by some here that " Oh, your school records are unimportant for CC, you can apply easily "

Where did you get the idea that you need your high school transcripts to apply for CCSF? I do not see such a requirement anywhere on their website.

High school transcripts are only required for high school students who wish to attend CCSF on concurrant enrollment. They are strongly recommended for the high school diploma program and admission to their culinary arts and hospitality program, but not required. If you were to enroll in their diploma program without transcripts, you would simply not get credit for high school course work and have to take all of the courses.

If you are not currently a high school student, are not applying for their high school diploma program, and are not applying for their culinary arts and hospitality program, then you do not need to submit your high school transcripts.

You will eventually have to obtain your high school transcripts to submit to the university you intend to transfer to, but you do not need them at the time of application to CCSF.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 12:44 pm

Chronos wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

If he gets an Associate degree that's usually all a 4 year school needs. That's not what he needs to worry about. Its his lack of mobility and his expectation that everything will be handled for him by someone else. One thing that all social workers have in common is that they are overworked and underpaid. Ive seen posts from him saying again and again: "I NEED ALL THIS STUFF DONE NOW AND NOBODY WILL DO IT FOR ME." Sorry but that's not how it works, cripple or not.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:41 pm

...I DO NOT SPECIFY, SO MUCH, here, the many things I do do, and know about/have planned, including relating to this subject! :evil:
I am not that immobile, I don't really think I say that, I rode to the 5000 block of The Mission in SF just today ~
And do you think YOU COULD SURVIVE SOME OF THE THINGS I HAVE, AND <<<LOADS>>> OF THEM :cry: , CHUCKLES?

I have asked here for help and not reeceived much. Certainly - not - from - YOU :| .
Knowing what forms you are supposed to fill out, what offices you are supposed to send them to, etc. is a near-IMPPOSSIBLE thing when you are on your own, and considering that many here probably DO have help ` t :( :( - the lectures I've received re: " Thou must have NO!! !! !! !! ! assistance of any sort in applying for cc ", well.. :evil: :P .

e="drwho222"]

Chronos wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

If he gets an Associate degree that's usually all a 4 year school needs. That's not what he needs to worry about. Its his lack of mobility and his expectation that everything will be handled for him by someone else. One thing that all social workers have in common is that they are overworked and underpaid. Ive seen posts from him saying again and again: "I NEED ALL THIS STUFF DONE NOW AND NOBODY WILL DO IT FOR ME." Sorry but that's not how it works, cripple or not.[/quote]

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:50 pm

And perhaps, if I'd had more rest & treatment four or more years ago, I'd still have 9&12 toes to-day, not 5&1/2 :cry: . If I'd just had an " auntie " or " grandma " to rest at, in-between treatment, until the infections got better :cry: :( ...............................

te="Omniel"]Well, I got off work at 6 am, slept for 4 hours and then had to get up to go to my 2nd job, got home at 7:30, slept for another hour and back to the full time job. I wonder when I'll get my rest?[/quote]