Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Promethean
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jul 2017, 10:26 am

I've been thinking that if those of us on the spectrum were considered a separate species from Homo sapiens, it'd benefit us in two ways.

First, people would stop expecting us to act "human", which in practice seems to mean allistic.

Second, if we could qualify as endangered, then I'm pretty sure in every civilized country where our existence is documented, some government agency or other would be required by existing acts of Congress or Parliament to use taxpayers' money to get us laid.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2017, 1:51 pm

Well the biggest problem with that is we are human and need to be treated as such instead of a mutant human to be experimented on like we are now.

Saying we are endangered species is equivalent to getting a bullhorn a yelling 'I am weak, you can do whatever sadistic thing you want with me"

Governments have other priorities much more important to them than getting us laid. So it won't happen. In most societies, you are viewed as more broken than if you can't get laid then if you lack practically any other skill. Cold blooded killers get more respect. Asking for government paid assistants for sex would cause ridicule to a degree that would make the scorn directed at SJW's seem very minor. Even in the unlikely event that this campaign is successful remember governments can pass laws, but they do not automatically change thoughts.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman