Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Then commonsense tempered with respect for the rights of others.

How many others? You see I know there are others you wouldn't want to extend that to. And I think eventually you'll probably be viewed as a prude, bigot and a hater for that. I bet there are many who would call you that already.

Nope, never been called any of those things.

No what I'm saying is there are people with certain sexual preferences that you don't accept, who I believe would say that about you, or rather anyone who takes your stance.

The only people who I wouldn't accept when it comes to a sexual preference are pedophiles, and other sex offenders. But then again, everyone, whether straight, gay, trans, etc, would feel the same way as me.

Right and I agree. But then they can and probably do say that's the same things society said about homosexuality. That's the problem I have with things seeming like they are going overboard with umpteen gender identities and sexual orientations and the list getting gradually longer as time goes on. I see a potential problem for an initially good thing becoming exploited and basically hijacked.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:05 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How many others? You see I know there are others you wouldn't want to extend that to. And I think eventually you'll probably be viewed as a prude, bigot and a hater for that. I bet there are many who would call you that already.

No what I'm saying is there are people with certain sexual preferences that you don't accept, who I believe would say that about you, or rather anyone who takes your stance.

The only people who I wouldn't accept when it comes to a sexual preference are pedophiles, and other sex offenders. But then again, everyone, whether straight, gay, trans, etc, would feel the same way as me.

Right and I agree. But then they can and probably do say that's the same things society said about homosexuality. That's the problem I have with things seeming like they are going overboard with umpteen gender identities and sexual orientations and the list getting gradually longer as time goes on. I see a potential problem for an initially good thing becoming exploited and basically hijacked.

Again, I'm not seeing people insisting on having upteen genders officially accepted.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:25 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Again, I'm not seeing people insisting on having upteen genders officially accepted.

That's anicdotal and subjective. It does exist whether you personally see it or not. And I have provided documented examples of the long string of genders and orientations people identify as.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:50 am

EzraS wrote:
That's anicdotal and subjective. It does exist whether you personally see it or not. And I have provided documented examples of the long string of genders and orientations people identify as.

They may exist but would be easier to encompass them under a broad category of gender identity rather than splitting them into multiple groups. It's like ethnicities on government forms, it really doesn't make a difference to the country if you self identify as Polish American or Chinese American.

Obviously (as Kraichgauer said) pedos would not be recognised as a legitimate legal status owing to the psychological and physical damage they inflict on children

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:03 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

What cyberdad said.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:

They may exist but would be easier to encompass them under a broad category of gender identity rather than splitting them into multiple groups. It's like ethnicities on government forms, it really doesn't make a difference to the country if you self identify as Polish American or Chinese American.

That's the thing though. It all ends up falling under an ever increasing broad category which potentially ends up eventually putting anything and everything in the same ballpark.

cyberdad wrote:
Obviously (as Kraichgauer said) pedos would not be recognised as a legitimate legal status owing to the psychological and physical damage they inflict on children

I'm sure they argue otherwise. I mean no one in ancient Greece was saying it was harmful to children were they? And then there's other stuff like incest and bestiality. Now what I am saying is these things do not equate or belong in my opinion. However I'm sure there are many who cliam otherwise and will try whatever it takes to receive acceptance.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 4:34 am

EzraS wrote:
I mean no one in ancient Greece was saying it was harmful to children were they?

Moral relativity of the time. Greece was a warrior society back then and social darwinism was the modus operandi. The strong simply took what they wanted from the weak. There was no debate..

EzraS wrote:
And then there's other stuff like incest and bestiality.

You would need to convince me that a person can have a preference for their sibling or an animal.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 7:41 am

cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I mean no one in ancient Greece was saying it was harmful to children were they?

Moral relativity of the time. Greece was a warrior society back then and social darwinism was the modus operandi. The strong simply took what they wanted from the weak. There was no debate..

EzraS wrote:
And then there's other stuff like incest and bestiality.

You would need to convince me that a person can have a preference for their sibling or an animal.

Convince you of something that's existed for thousands of years? What do you want me to do, google the subjects and post a bunch of links?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 12:36 pm

You can't talk a person out of a fantasy.

Trump's tweets this morning demonstrate why politicians do these things. Right now, trans people have emerged into public consciousness, but make a lot of Republican voters uncomfortable. Acting against them scores safe political points.