Do I need a new profile picture?

Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 1:57 am

UnturnedStone wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Try to grow some beard; it's trendy in our era.

I found that my beard helped me. I look 12 without it and honestly I prefer it now and luckily enough for me I can grow a majestic beard, if I do say so myself. It definitely, makes me appear more manly. I've also noticed people are a lot nicer to me when I have my beard... Maybe they are intimidated? Maybe I look NT? I'm not sure, I just know it works for me on many levels.

I've been in a relationship for almost 3 years and the beard was definitely an attraction for my wife.

My partner was almost repulsed when I trimmed it too much- she told never to do it again because I look like 21 without it (and she's 38 now). She likes 5-10 days old beards.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:13 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
And honestly you look so....boyish, like a 14-15 old guy; they may find you cute but I bet it's not a sexually appealing trait to most women.
Yet I was rejected by this girl I liked a few months ago when she said I look too old :?
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It is not a coincidence that you lately got dates only with Asians: them are way more likely to be used to "boyish" look in men.
You say that like it's a bad thing :lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:11 am

Quote:

It is a bad thing is there are very few Far East Asians in your society; hence limiting your options too much.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:44 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

It is a bad thing is there are very few Far East Asians in your society; hence limiting your options too much.

Actually there's quite a few of them here.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 11:51 am

It looks like you have no chin and that your face goes right into your neck, which looks cartoonish. You should try taking the pic at a different angle and in a more interesting location.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 5:41 pm

This_Amoeba wrote:
It looks like you have no chin and that your face goes right into your neck, which looks cartoonish. You should try taking the pic at a different angle and in a more interesting location.

True I have no chin and I can't afford the surgury to to correct that.

Which angle?

UnturnedStone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2017, 6:06 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
This_Amoeba wrote:

Which angle?

Beard may help with that too. Honestly it's the best thing I could have done. Not to mention that I hated shaving anyway. It really boosted my confidence, people no longer even really notice me (before I felt like everyone was looking at me), and when they do notice me now people are really respectful and nice to me. I feel a lot less judged and it is a lot easier to go out in public.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:16 pm

We all can't be Brad Pitt or whatever....

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 6:27 am

I could not believe what a difference growing a beard made for me. When I decided to grow it out for a few months I must have tripled my dating and had countless female coworkers comment on how attractive I looked.

I later met and eventually married a woman who doesn't like facial hair and keep it clean shaven.

Annon
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jul 2017, 10:51 am

I think you should do something with your eyebrows, they look like they are growing together and generally unkempt.
Of course don’t go overboard making them as thin as some woman do.
But giving them clear contours, tends to go a long way to improve ones looks.
Maybe look up some tips for men on how to best do it if you are unsure.

(Definitely cheaper than chin surgery :P )

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:27 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
This_Amoeba wrote:

Which angle?

Maybe a more upwards angle or sideways with your head pointed up slightly to make the chin protrude, but not too obvious. The current pic is at an unflattering angle for your faceshape. A beard would help too, just not a goatee though, those are lame.

Sometimes girls like to take their pics from extreme upwards angles to make their jaws smaller and eyes bigger. If their pics are like that I can guarantee they have a hidden manly jawline and smaller eyes than appears.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:33 pm

You prolly don't even need a full beard. You can grow enough stubble to make it look like a shadow which will give the appearance of more chin or bigger jaw.

Kind of like this

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:33 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
And honestly you look so....boyish, like a 14-15 old guy; they may find you cute but I bet it's not a sexually appealing trait to most women.
It is not a coincidence that you lately got dates only with Asians: them are way more likely to be used to "boyish" look in men.

Try to grow some beard; it's trendy in our era.

I wish I can grow a beard. But I grow a neckbeard and a mustache that makes me look like a pedo.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:02 am

you look fine and friendly/comfortable. i see nothing wrong in the picture. you also look your age.

don't mess with your looks, so you won't end up looking uncomfortable. not all girls like certain type of looks!

some women find muscles gross, some women like chubby or skinny dudes, some women love bald pple and so on. some hate beards some love glasses and so on..

btw
for instance, mainstream/media sht manipulates people into believing that all women are attracted to this actor in kraftiekortie's post:

kraftiekortie wrote:
We all can't be Brad Pitt or whatever....

believe me the truth is most women don't find him that attractive. actually many women don't even find him attractive at all. same thing applies to tom cruize,,etc

on a side honest note: in my opinion leonardo dicaprio is good/deserves the hype. it's an exception

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 3:20 am

The picture you have is fine.
You look pleasant and approachable.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 5:55 am

I use the same picture on Facebook. Why do people on Facebook keep saying I look like a sloth?

Even people who don't know each other. They arrived at this conclusion independently.