Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

stevet
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jul 2017, 6:58 am

I was wondering for those with executive function/ocd and other comorbids ,do you think that when you are stressed /down depressed that these things become worse ie you are dropping, spilling things carrying out tasks more clumsy or you are more ocd checking things or is it the same as always but maybe if you are feeling ok these things are happening but you don't notice or beat yourself up about it so you may think it's not happening .I know it may seem kind of obvious that these things may increase with more stress ect but maybe if someone at work ect mentions something you have done weird relating to function ect you just don't care let it phase you if you are not so stressed.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 12:05 pm

My OCD rituals definitely get worse under stress, and when I am down I tend to beat myself up over them.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 12:23 pm

I'm not sure what you are asking, but when I was using a table saw last fall, and was distracted by wondering if the noise was bothering the new neighbours I was very stressed about, I broke my thumb.

stevet

23 Jul 2017, 12:34 pm

I guess I was asking whether executive function /dyspraxia is happening to me all the time but do i only realise it when i'm in a bad mood ie getting angry frustrated with carrying out tasks .Maybe I need to wear a cam all day and see if it varies only sometimes I'm sure i may have done tasks ect without having to think it all out and just getting on with things like normal folk. Wow i'd be more stressed from the thumb ,forget the neighbours 8O