Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 7:37 am

OrionBadger wrote:
After playing Breath of The Wild I'm excited to go back and play all of the previous games.

Same here, and I've already beaten most of the other games multiple times @_@

This year, so far I've beaten Phantom Hourglass, BotW, (both for the first time) and A Link to the Past.

Still working on Ocarina of Time (ugh), Zelda II, Spirit Tracks (first time), Wind Waker HD (Hero Mode), and a "no sword" run of the first game. I could probably finish them quicker if I didn't keep switching between them.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 1:11 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
I beat it back in April, when it came out, and it was awesome. I have it on the WiiU

Out of curiosity, how was the performance on that version? I heard the Switch version had some occasional frame drops, but I'm not entirely sure as to how plentiful exactly they were. Any of it going on in the Wii U version?

it was WONDERFUL!! ! I've finished it on the Wii U, the frame drops were sparing and minor.

ZeldaSpyroJak
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2018, 10:42 am

Breath of The Wild is amazing, even in 2018, it has become my 2nd favorite Zelda game, I completed all the shrines last year and defeated Calamity Ganon a week and a half after the game's release, I have not found all of the Korok seeds yet be cause I've been playing other games but I think I have around 600 of them, I love the the Zoras made a return, Zoras are my favorite race because they look gorgeous and I love aquatic beings. I still love the Zoras in Twilight Princess better because I personally think they look there best in that game, I think Twilight Princess will all ways be my number 1 because it was the first Zelda game I ever played and because I personally think it has the best story and art design out of all of them, that is unless Nintendo can out do Twilight Princess, which I do hope they do. It's kind of sad that some of the more traditional Zelda things aren't in this game, like finding hearts in grass and pots, using the Master Sword whenever you want to without it having to recharge, and not having Link's signature tunic near or in the beginning of the game by default but none the less an a astounding game! :D :heart:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2018, 10:24 am

ZeldaSpyroJak wrote:
Breath of The Wild is amazing, even in 2018...

I was thinking about it the other day: a lot of people say that BotW might be the best game of 2017...but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it just might be the best game of the decade 8O

ZeldaSpyroJak wrote:
It's kind of sad that some of the more traditional Zelda things aren't in this game, like finding hearts in grass and pots, using the Master Sword whenever you want to without it having to recharge, and not having Link's signature tunic near or in the beginning of the game by default but none the less an a astounding game! :D :heart:

A lot of that makes sense, since you get hearts from eating food now, and making the Master Sword to best weapon would make every other weapon pointless once you got it (much like getting the Hylian Shield makes other shields worthless).

I don't mind the look change for Link, especially since Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks kind of upset me that you couldn't keep your starting outfit, but I don't buy their excuse that they "couldn't make Link's trademark hat look cool anymore". I like the look of his Champion's Tunic, but I never wore it because its abilities felt like cheating to me. I really only wore clothes when I needed to, or when they would make Link move faster, etc.

A couple changes I thought were weird:
Cuccoos vanish and respawn if you throw them in the water; I had fun watching them swim around in the previous games.
They added the Havoc Physics engine, but took away the ability to knock down bokoblin towers. Maybe it was too hardware intensive?
Bombs are infinite, I thought this was a huge mistake. There were a lot of areas in the game where I felt like I was supposed to be challenged, but instead I would climb up high and just drop bombs until everything was dead. It took time and patience once you got to the stronger monsters, but in most situations it really was the safest option. It also made fishing and mining much easier.

Speaking of fishing, the one game where having a fishing pole would've been awesome, and you never get one =(

I also thought it was weird that they took the bug net away, but I guess having it take up a weapon slot would've been slightly annoying.

I also missed the awesome Motion Plus controls from Skyward Sword, and I didn't like that the new controls force you to manually move the camera, but you get used to it.

Gosh, this is turning into a rant...I almost sound like I don't even like the game :roll:

c0r
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Mar 2018, 9:58 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
SabbraCadabra wrote:
I beat it back in April, when it came out, and it was awesome. I have it on the WiiU, and I'm waiting for the second DLC to come out later this year. The first DLC doesn't sound very interesting.

There's another thread on it over here: viewtopic.php?t=338311

Was it worth the money?

Thanks for the other thread :D .

Almost no video game is worth the money. Go the library and if they don't have the game you want you can order it from another library and it will get sent to your local library. I played the new resident evil game from the library and it was awesome.

c0r

13 Mar 2018, 8:08 pm

Im playing the first zelda twilight princess on wii u i still havent gotten past the village or know what to do but it just seems like an attempt to capture childhood memories ill still play the game but now that im older im more interested in dark souls and bloodborne etc. They are brutal enough to keep your mind off adult bs.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 12:18 am

I did manage to recently finish both the Champions Ballad and Master Sword Trials DLC. They were surprisingly tough, the Master Sword trials especially, which was brutal in only using what is given and needing to strategize, with one wrong move sending you back to the beginning. The Champions Ballad had some really great character cut scenes, and great final boss.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 8:20 am

I still haven't finished the DLC(s)...I kind of took a break from it when the Master Sword trials tore me a new one >_< The Lynels were already kicking my butt...then they spawn you in a room where one notices you IMMEDIATELY, plus there is a tower with a guardian sentry atop, and there is nowhere to hide. I ran and quickly climbed a tree, and took my time surveying the landscape, when the Lynel took me by surprise by firing an arrow straight up in the air. I had never seen one do that before (and I have fought many), and I was so confused when the arrow came back down on me, that I let another one hit me before I came to my senses and ran off. I climbed up the sentry tower and hid underneath the overhang for a minute, trying to think up a plan, when the Lynel fired another arrow into the sky, and I'm not sure if it cheated and went right through the ceiling, but it definitely finished me off =(

I have unlocked the final dungeon, but I was kind of hoping to finish the Master Sword trial first, so I could get some use out of it, because the game will be finished.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 5:33 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I still haven't finished the DLC(s)...I kind of took a break from it when the Master Sword trials tore me a new one >_< The Lynels were already kicking my butt...then they spawn you in a room where one notices you IMMEDIATELY, plus there is a tower with a guardian sentry atop, and there is nowhere to hide. I ran and quickly climbed a tree, and took my time surveying the landscape, when the Lynel took me by surprise by firing an arrow straight up in the air. I had never seen one do that before (and I have fought many), and I was so confused when the arrow came back down on me, that I let another one hit me before I came to my senses and ran off. I climbed up the sentry tower and hid underneath the overhang for a minute, trying to think up a plan, when the Lynel fired another arrow into the sky, and I'm not sure if it cheated and went right through the ceiling, but it definitely finished me off =(

I have unlocked the final dungeon, but I was kind of hoping to finish the Master Sword trial first, so I could get some use out of it, because the game will be finished.

Sounds like you managed to get to the final room of the last trial. I was having such a hard time that I decided to look up some advice, and then remembered something I had kind of forgotten. Some ancient arrows are hidden through the trial, putting your dousing thing on chests helps, and these are kind of one hit kills to a lot of enemies if they hit their weak spot, like a Lynel in the head after freezing it.

The Octoroc can make rusted weapons better at the start of the fire levels. I learned some pretty good strategies, like use ice weapon on fire rock boss, followed by a strong weapon on weak spot. Just equipping the fire spear can keep you warm in ice levels, so don't be too worried about being rushed by food effect (especially for one of the places for arrows), it will also one hit ice monsters and remove the ice effect from the ice rock boss. the broken guardians no doubt was a test at deflecting back. But I would say the flying guardians are such a pain in using resources, that it is best to get in slow motion to one shot it with a ancient arrow to the eye. One shotting sounds dirty, but you need precise shot at the eye, and there is only so many ancient arrows. I missed my first shot against the last Lynel, which freaked me out because it would kill me if I had not managed to save some fairies, the Lynel can only be frozen for a second by the stasis, so I think it worked for me that fire had started on the ground allowing me to get some air and shoot in slow motion.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2018, 8:09 pm

I never even thought to try using ancient arrows on normal enemies :oops:

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 12:24 am

I never really used ancient arrows because they are so rare, cost so much, and I think destroys the enemy that you do not get any drops.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2018, 7:42 am

I know you still get drops from killing Guardians with them. I've got an extra day off this weekend, so I'll probably give it another try tonight.

I'm here at the very end of the game (already beat Ganon, unlocked all shrines, etc.), and I had a ton of rupees left, so I went and spent most of it on ancient weapons, just for the heck of it. Obviously, none of that does me any good in the trial, though.

I wish monsters still dropped parts in the trial, so you could do stupid stuff like Octorok balloons.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 3:44 am

Wow, ancient arrows really do disintegrate those Lynels, I don't think it even has to be a headshot. I was as quick as a flash, but he still managed to drop two of his cheat arrows on me. I immediately went into the menu to scarf down some hearty mushroom steak, leapt from a ruined staircase, and put him down once and for all. Bomb arrows rained down upon his mounted hench-'blins, and I celebrated with a feast, emptying my inventory onto a grand pyre.

Now to tackle the final dungeon, and ride my motorcycle off into the sunset.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 4:40 am

I feel you. Lynels are the sort of thing that can be a beast to just fight alone, that even knowing I would have to fight them with their drain on resources was something keeping me from trying that much. Not sure of the need to have a hearty steak meal, just putting two hearty things makes something that recovers full health. I never really thought much about using bomb arrows against riders, I mostly stuck with stasis them from a range off the horses. I know another thing that took a big hit in the final trials in a run was a bokoblin, which has an especially strong great sword.

I kind of went for the ballad quests firsts, wrongly thinking I could take the motorcycle in with me for the Master sword trials. I did find the Champions Ballad especially fulfilling finale, great for the items I had stockpiled. The individual champion challenges were I think harder, that they were especially difficult with some of the item restrictions, that it gave them a challenge that were not so when I did them originally (such as a lack of arrows, or a powerful weapons I keep). I did use the cycle to travel all the way from the end of the ballad trials, to the Master Sword location for the last of them.

The only thing I would have left myself, would be some random side quests, that are not for any shrines, and maybe I guess trying to get all the seeds, which maybe the cycle will help with better. The last precious thing I did, after finishing the dlc, was finally finish everything for the house.

I will say, as cheesy as it sounds, that I am also really happy with feeling like the champions were my friends. And there is one more friend, that I have had as a fanboy of the franchise, that someone has always had my back. A slight nod. I wonder if anything new will be added to the next version of Hyrule Warriors.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2018, 7:51 am

Bradleigh wrote:
Not sure of the need to have a hearty steak meal, just putting two hearty things makes something that recovers full health.

Yeah, it was just one piece of meat and a big hearty mushroom mixed together.

Bradleigh wrote:
I never really thought much about using bomb arrows against riders...

You said it was the final room, so I took a chance on you being right, and decided it would be a good way to use up all the bomb arrows I had left. I hung onto my ancient arrows, just in case there were more rooms.

Bradleigh wrote:
The only thing I would have left myself, would be some random side quests, that are not for any shrines, and maybe I guess trying to get all the seeds, which maybe the cycle will help with better. The last precious thing I did, after finishing the dlc, was finally finish everything for the house.

Before I bought the DLC, I was at 100%, but now I'm looking at something like 56%, so they must have changed the rules a bit. I finished all of the main quests and side quests. I found most of the seeds, not going to bother to find the rest. I didn't get all of the monster medals, or all of the outfit upgrades, or the minigames (like races, golf, etc.) where you have to get a high score and then beat your own high score =/

I played with the bike for a little while, but the physics feel weird on it. I guess it's pretty fast.

Game over. Now I've gotta finish Spirit Tracks...I'm right near the end, but I'm sure there's a few sidequests I haven't found, I might give up soon and look up a FAQ (...again).

gabemai314
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

Location: Loveland, Colorado, USA, Earth, Solar System, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea Supercluster, Universe

26 Mar 2018, 7:56 pm

I LOVE The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! It is an amazing game that has not only returned the series to its roots but has also completely redefined the genre at the same time. The gargantuan amount of side quests and exploration make up for the 4 dungeons in the game. The world itself has an area of 61.2 kilometers squared (23.6 miles squared)! :D :D :D