Government considers reforming gender identity rules

Page 3 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:34 pm

Occasionally, Bill Burroughs could not find a male partner, and had sex with his wife instead. "No matter how many tortillas I eat, I still want a steak." It works both ways.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 3:57 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
because people in the psych community (as I have been told by a psychiatrist, I worked-for, at a psych hospital, on a penal farm), in the U.S., know / accept it as "institutional homosexuality" (as in, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"-type thing).[/b][/color]

Yes this is the label (institutional homosexuality), what is unclear is the mechanism in terms of the brain. For example do released prisoners return to heterosexual behavior or do they now "swing both ways"?

Megumin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jul 2017, 4:05 pm

Lintar, have you considered that pricks like yourself might be part of the reason why transpeople are disproportionately at risk of suicide?

This whole thread just makes me f*****g depressed. If transphobic bigotry like this is considered acceptable here, then I guess I don't belong here after all. :(

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 4:20 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
because people in the psych community (as I have been told by a psychiatrist, I worked-for, at a psych hospital, on a penal farm), in the U.S., know / accept it as "institutional homosexuality" (as in, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"-type thing).[/b][/color]

Yes this is the label (institutional homosexuality), what is unclear is the mechanism in terms of the brain. For example do released prisoners return to heterosexual behavior or do they now "swing both ways"?

I'd expect that to be rare, and to happen in cases of people who simply didn't know what they liked until they tried it.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:15 pm

Megumin wrote:
Lintar, have you considered that pricks like yourself might be part of the reason why transpeople are disproportionately at risk of suicide?

This whole thread just makes me f*****g depressed. If transphobic bigotry like this is considered acceptable here, then I guess I don't belong here after all. :(

Supposedly transphobia is against forum rules like sexism and racism are, but the moderators don't seem to care as much about transphobia because they let threads like this go on. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can understand. There have been comments about women lately that make me feel the same way, like this forum is for straight cisgender autistic males only. Everyone else is fair game for bullying, it would seem.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:18 pm

Megumin wrote:

Trust me, it's not. Some WP members aren't as enlightened as others, it would seem.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:28 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Supposedly transphobia is against forum rules like sexism and racism are, but the moderators don't seem to care as much about transphobia because they let threads like this go on.

Based on this criteria the president of the US would be banned from WP

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Supposedly transphobia is against forum rules like sexism and racism are, but the moderators don't seem to care as much about transphobia because they let threads like this go on.

If he were to talk about grabbing p*****s and women bleeding out their wherevers, he very well should be. Or to talk about Mexicans being rapists. In fact, the ban-worthy things he has said would take too long to list here and I don't have the stomach for it.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:

I would certainly applaud that!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:29 pm

Now if only Twitter applied the same high standards as WP

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:31 pm

cyberdad wrote:

If he were to talk about grabbing p*****s and women bleeding out their wherevers, he very well should be. Or to talk about Mexicans being rapists. In fact, the ban-worthy things he has said would take too long to list here and I don't have the stomach for it.

Lets wait, perhaps we might see Barron Trump become a WP member in the next few years and Alex can take it up with him

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:32 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Now if only Twitter applied the same high standards as WP

That would be hilarious if Twitter cut off that twit! :lol:

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:34 pm

firemonkey wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Since this is going to happen anyway, then I may as well "identify" as a red bicycle. Why not? The fact that, in reality, I am nothing of the kind and would be considered to be mentally ill if I did, is now something I don't need to worry about. Reality-denial has become the latest crazy fad in this decadent society in which we live, where the perception of how things are (rather than how they actually are) count more than anything else.

Okay, I no longer "identiy" as having Asperger's Syndrome. I wish it away, it doesn't exist, I am now neurotypical. Abracadabra - POOF!

(Ten minutes later.)

Hmm, wishful thinking doesn't seem to work. What is just is, and there's nothing I can do about it. Self deception and delusion have never worked for me. The facts just keep getting in the way. :cry:

I agree that this right to self identify as you choose could be taken to the point of ridiculousness. Also I wonder about the simplemindedness of people who define others as 'old fashioned' and conservative based on how many letters after LBQT they are aware of.

To me being conservative and old fashioned is about an attitude of mind not about not knowing all the letters of an ever growing acronym.

At last, a reasonable response. The implication that I am a "conservative dinosaur" simply because I disagree with the (for the moment) mainstream view in the West regarding "gender identity" is ridiculous, ad hominem, and itself a sure sign of narrow-minded intolerance.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:36 pm

Megumin wrote:

Supposedly transphobia is against forum rules like sexism and racism are, but the moderators don't seem to care as much about transphobia because they let threads like this go on. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can understand. There have been comments about women lately that make me feel the same way, like this forum is for straight cisgender autistic males only. Everyone else is fair game for bullying, it would seem.

Bullying? How is one a "bully" for simply pointing out the patently obvious?

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:43 pm

Megumin wrote:

No. Do you honestly believe that attacking me personally by using foul, insulting language will actually help your case? There are many groups within society that are "disproportionately at risk of suicide". For example, people who have Asperger's Syndrome. What is your point? I do not "discriminate" against anyone when I simply point out to them why what they claim isn't actually possible. Do atheists discriminate against theists when they list reasons why God cannot, in their view, exist?

Megumin wrote:

Bigotry? Now you're being ridiculous. :roll:

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:46 pm

EzraS wrote:
Lintar wrote:
Since this is going to happen anyway, then I may as well "identify" as a red bicycle. Why not? The fact that, in reality, I am nothing of the kind and would be considered to be mentally ill if I did, is now something I don't need to worry about. Reality-denial has become the latest crazy fad in this decadent society in which we live, where the perception of how things are (rather than how they actually are) count more than anything else.

Okay, I no longer "identiy" as having Asperger's Syndrome. I wish it away, it doesn't exist, I am now neurotypical. Abracadabra - POOF!

(Ten minutes later.)

Hmm, wishful thinking doesn't seem to work. What is just is, and there's nothing I can do about it. Self deception and delusion have never worked for me. The facts just keep getting in the way. :cry:

Lets not forget Otherkin. People who identify as partially or entirely non-human.

So what are they then? Aliens? Why should we all indulge people who are clearly insane, and need help? Encouraging people in their delusions is not the way to go.