Government considers reforming gender identity rules

Page 2 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 10:17 pm

cyberdad wrote:
That would make many conservative christian types literally dinosaurs in that regard

Literally?! LITERALLY?!?!

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 10:24 pm

Lintar wrote:
Since this is going to happen anyway, then I may as well "identify" as a red bicycle. Why not? The fact that, in reality, I am nothing of the kind and would be considered to be mentally ill if I did, is now something I don't need to worry about. Reality-denial has become the latest crazy fad in this decadent society in which we live, where the perception of how things are (rather than how they actually are) count more than anything else.

Okay, I no longer "identiy" as having Asperger's Syndrome. I wish it away, it doesn't exist, I am now neurotypical. Abracadabra - POOF!

(Ten minutes later.)

Hmm, wishful thinking doesn't seem to work. What is just is, and there's nothing I can do about it. Self deception and delusion have never worked for me. The facts just keep getting in the way. :cry:

We seem to have at least one moderator on this site who identifies as agender/ambiguous. Are you saying that person is mentally ill for being that way?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 10:55 pm

Lintar wrote:
Since this is going to happen anyway, then I may as well "identify" as a red bicycle. Why not? The fact that, in reality, I am nothing of the kind and would be considered to be mentally ill if I did, is now something I don't need to worry about. Reality-denial has become the latest crazy fad in this decadent society in which we live, where the perception of how things are (rather than how they actually are) count more than anything else.

Okay, I no longer "identiy" as having Asperger's Syndrome. I wish it away, it doesn't exist, I am now neurotypical. Abracadabra - POOF!

(Ten minutes later.)

Hmm, wishful thinking doesn't seem to work. What is just is, and there's nothing I can do about it. Self deception and delusion have never worked for me. The facts just keep getting in the way. :cry:

Lets not forget Otherkin. People who identify as partially or entirely non-human.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 11:49 pm

Lintar wrote:
:

Here is a neuro-biologist professor at Standford University that explains how gender can be reliability determined based on neurons/neurotransmitters in a region of the brain.

So you have no basis to argue that people are identifying as something they are not, since you can't see this configuration.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:16 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
Lintar wrote:

(Ten minutes later.)

We seem to have at least one moderator on this site who identifies as agender/ambiguous. Are you saying that person is mentally ill for being that way?

You've missed my point. The point that I was making was that "identity" is utterly irrelevant; what counts is what actually is, not what we wish were true. If someone "identifies" as a female, such identification does not make them so (anatomy is what determines this, not wishful thinking). People who "identify" as something or someone they are clearly not are delusional.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:23 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
Here is a neuro-biologist professor at Standford University that explains how gender can be reliability determined based on neurons/neurotransmitters in a region of the brain.

So you have no basis to argue that people are identifying as something they are not, since you can't see this configuration.

Oh well, that settles it then (not). :roll:

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:27 am

EzraS wrote:
It's not limited to identifying as man or woman anymore. It's identifying as:

Agender
Androgynous
Bigender
Cisgender
Female
Gender Fluid
Gender Nonconforming
Gender Questioning
Gender Variant
Genderqueer
Intersex
Male
Neither
Neutrois
Non-binary
Other
Pangender
Transgender
Transgender Female
Transgender Male
Transsexual Person
Two-Spirit

And that's the short list.

I thnk pandora's box has been opened and now it's domino effect time.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:29 am

Lintar wrote:

The word abracadabra means in Aramaic "create as I speak" and the brother of Moses Aaron was a high priest who could conjure snakes by saying "abracadabra"

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:38 am

cyberdad wrote:
Lintar wrote:

The word abracadabra means in Aramaic "create as I speak" and the brother of Moses Aaron was a high priest who could conjure snakes by saying "abracadabra"

What about sim sim salabim or bada bing bada boom?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 3:11 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Lintar wrote:

What about sim sim salabim or bada bing bada boom?

Al Capone?

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 4:54 am

Lintar wrote:

(Ten minutes later.)

I agree that this right to self identify as you choose could be taken to the point of ridiculousness. Also I wonder about the simplemindedness of people who define others as 'old fashioned' and conservative based on how many letters after LBQT they are aware of.

To me being conservative and old fashioned is about an attitude of mind not about not knowing all the letters of an ever growing acronym.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 5:22 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
I've been agender for the past decade.

I'm still waiting to see how my identity is causing the collapse of society. :roll:

I myself am not referring to a collapse of society, but rather the probability of some major changes.

Changes - very often major ones - are inevitable.

Well like kraftiekortie said, I see things shaping up to reintroduce an ancient Rome / ancient Greece type of society where anything that used to be considered decedent perverse unnatural etc will not only be acceptable but celebrated. And I mean anything. I'm not afraid of this, I just see it happening. Or at least on the verge of happening. Conservatives will fight against it and liberals will fight to make it happen.

The right has constantly claimed the next thing following LGBT rights is acceptance of pedophilia. This is nothing but a dog whistle, used to make people reconsider extending civil rights to sexual minorities. Pedophilia is a crime against children, and will never be accepted.

Have they? I haven't read many claims by others regarding the whole muti sexual orientation and gender issue.

And get with the times Bill, it's LGBTQIAPK now. Or used to be. If more letters haven't been added already I'm sure they will be.

I personally do not use the "Q," as the word that letter represents seems like a slur when used by a straight male like myself.
I have not heard of what the "IAPK" represents, so you'll have to enlighten me.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 8:01 am

Lintar wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Oh well, that settles it then (not). :roll:

Do you have any evidentiary argument to disprove this experts claim? Rolling your eyes at scientific evidence isn't actually a valid argument.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:43 am

Drake wrote:
Changing room, bathroom, etc. access should be first and foremost based on sex, not gender. Dicks through one door, vaginas through the other.

This.

And can't the government concentrate on more important issues like the diminishing of the NHS?

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Not enough research has been done on how heterosexual males and females can develop bisexual tendencies when incarcerated in prison.

Well, I don't know about which country you're speaking----because, you're in Australia, the OP article is about the U.K., and this website is in the U.S.----but, IMO, in the U.S., NO research HAS TO be done, to settle this, because people in the psych community (as I have been told by a psychiatrist, I worked-for, at a psych hospital, on a penal farm), in the U.S., know / accept it as "institutional homosexuality" (as in, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with"-type thing).

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:34 pm

Occasionally, Bill Burroughs could not find a male partner, and had sex with his wife instead. "No matter how many tortillas I eat, I still want a steak." It works both ways.