Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 4:22 pm

Apologies if this inquiry has already been posted. I am new to Firefox, and while logging in to WP, an 'insecure password warning' popped up. I clicked on 'Learn More', and it lead me to the following information:

'Firefox will display a lock icon with a red strike-through (which, it did, and still is), in the address bar when a login page you’re viewing does not have a secure connection. This is to inform you that if you enter your password it could be stolen by eavesdroppers and attackers.

If a login page for your favorite site is insecure, you can try and see if a secure version of the page exists by typing https:// before the url in the location bar. You can also try to contact the web administrator for the site and ask them to secure their connection.'

I gave ^the aforementioned a try, to no avail (not attempted to contact an administrator, but, rather, the other bit). So, in the end, does this mean that Firefox and WP are not compatible, in terms of security? Or, could it be that WP is not a secure site, via any browsers, but, the only browser that warns of such things is Firefox? And, yeah, I understand this question might be completely stupid. It just is what it is, and if someone could offer me insight, I would be most grateful. Thank you !

Also, do any of you have a favorite browser that you utilize, and, why?

Many thanks -

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 4:47 pm

You can get an addon like HTTPS everywhere to request encryption. Perhaps someone knows of a better one.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 5:08 pm

Thank you, blackicmenace! I will do that.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 5:17 pm

I've uninstalled Firefox. Yikes, since installing it, approx, an hour, ago, the fan on my laptop had been running, continuously, and at this point, my laptop is quite warm. Have not experienced this, since upgrading to a new laptop, so, perhaps it was an issue related to the use of Firefox, somehow. As soon as I uninstalled it, the fan turned off. Additionally, while typing, it took several seconds for the text to appear in my posts. And, for some reason, my battery is running out of juice, quite quickly. blablabla.

~Thank you, again