Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2017, 6:20 pm

So I grew up thinking that naturally the ring finger was always long than the index finger. But as I grew up, read Simon Baron Cohen's research and started to talking to NT friends, i notice that they're ring and index fingers are the exact same length, something to do with higher fetal testosterone exposure than NTs creates this.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Anyone want to post pics?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digit_ratio

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 7:56 pm

Before people post pics it's worth bearing in mind that it's also an indicator of penis length :lol:

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2017, 8:07 pm

well just as finger ratio corresponds to testosterone level, why not penis length as well? and no I am not asking people to post their dongs... :evil:

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2017, 8:14 pm

one of the reason I bring this up is there a few statues made of the Buddha with his fingers open, but the one I found that does has a longer ring finger than an index finger, when typically those fingers should be equal among NTs. could this mean that the Buddha, the original Siddhartha was an aspie?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 8:46 pm

Chichikov wrote:
Before people post pics it's worth bearing in mind that it's also an indicator of penis length :lol:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2017, 8:49 pm

SwissPagan wrote:
one of the reason I bring this up is there a few statues made of the Buddha with his fingers open, but the one I found that does has a longer ring finger than an index finger, when typically those fingers should be equal among NTs. could this mean that the Buddha, the original Siddhartha was an aspie?

If finger length has anything to do with an indicator of autism , then maybe the artist was an Aspie rather than Buddha.

Also if you look at a side on picture of the Tian Tan Buddha , the fingers are bent so impossible to tell accurate length from your picture

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2017, 10:09 pm

My fingers

apparently most of the people I know that are NTs have the same length index and ring fingers, I grew up thinking the ring finger was naturally longer.

SwissPagan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Jul 2017, 10:12 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
SwissPagan wrote:

If finger length has anything to do with an indicator of autism , then maybe the artist was an Aspie rather than Buddha.

well possibly, most of the art of the Buddha was commissioned long after the death of the first Buddha, but still, it would be interesting if Siddhartha or any other notable historical figures were aspies too.