Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 10:27 am

bunnyb wrote:
I wonder if being introverted makes comorbids more likely?

I, too, have several family members with ASD, and this doesn't seem to be the case (with US, anyway). I am extroverted, and have Asperger's, ADHD, Tourette's, Anxiety, Face Blindness, Seizures, CAPD, and more----and, I have ASD family members who are extroverted, and ones that are introverted, and ALL of us have comorbids (the most common ones, with us, are: ADHD [even introverted ones, have this], Anxiety [and/or Depression], and seizures).

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 10:46 am

I think I would fit into an odd and passive category,expect there doesn't seem to be one that combines both.

sunshinescj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Jul 2017, 10:54 am

I'm a mix between over formal and passive good language ability/black and white thinking, rarely initiate conversation, decent eye contact but I can be very blunt

bunnyb
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:37 pm

EzraS wrote:
This is very interesting bunnyb. It seems like what you're describing is basically type a and b personality types in autism. Which is something I have seen plenty of. I'm definitely the quiet withdrawn type who has a lot of comorbids. Some of wich are neurological. As for things like depression and anxietyl, maybe that's due to us quiet ones being more inclined to internalize?

Yes, I am thinking about that type of difference. The extrovert type A people in my family are like they are teflon coated and things just slide off them. They don't internalize all the shite in life the way the introvert type B's do. When someone is awful to the extroverts they automatically assume the awful person has the problem and brush it off and move on, where as the rest of us will obsess about it and try to work out what we did wrong because even though we don't understand why, we assume it must be our fault. I'm pretty sure that's why we get depression and anxiety and they dont. I would love to be teflon coated :(

Last edited by bunnyb on 24 Jul 2017, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 6:53 pm

I'm various types, depending on my mood.

I can be really introverted, or I can be somewhat extroverted.

In my real life, I only really keep in contact with maybe 3-4 people. And not frequently.

I have a history of a pretty decent amount of withdrawal.

I procrastinate, and could get really, really lazy.

There is a certain amount of apathy of me, worse some days.

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2017, 1:24 pm

I'm very extraverted and ADD like in some aspects, but still have lots and lots of anxiety and OCD :D

Extraversion and neuroticism are actually disjoint dimensions in the big five personality traits afaik... so being extroverted just means you're extroverted, for the most part. It doesn't mean you are free of anxiety. Actually, my anxiety worsens when I'm on my own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Five_ ... ity_traits