How did you meet your current boyfriend/girlfriend?

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

crs927
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Jul 2017, 3:33 am

And what attracted you to them? As I'm nearing age 30, I've been thinking about what I do to increase my chances of having my first girlfriend. I've dated off and on, but I never get to the point of a relationship.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 6:38 am

I met my wife and my previous GF on eHarmony. What attracted me to both was that they were naturally beautiful (i.e. no crazy piercings, visible tattoos or weird hair colours), very well spoken and seemed stable and mature. I also appreciated the fact that they both clearly put effort into their profiles and their responses to my messages. The first one didn't work out (and will probably be single for life) but with my now wife I took a chance and assumed she was into me. I was right.

My first GF I literally took her because I was getting desperate being 29 and still never being in a relationship. Let's just say it was a big mistake to go all into that one.

anti_gone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jul 2017, 1:32 pm

University.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:41 pm

At Comic Con. She approached me because she liked my cosplay.

peterparkur
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jul 2017, 2:06 pm

I met my girlfriend online. I joined a group she made about a common interest we had about four or five years ago and we just started off as friends until we finally confronted out mutual feelings. We've been dating for over a year and there's quite a few things that attracted me to her, such as her sense of humour and her compassion. Plus she's just really cute and nice to look at.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jul 2017, 10:57 am

Love cupid I think. Only as he had Aspie in his name I started talking to him.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 2:05 pm

online on the site okcupid.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 2:37 pm

One I met on OK Cupid, he was not sexual and he didn't just say hi and expect me to carry the conversation like most guys there. We chatted about video games and joked around.

The other I met on Facebook. We were friends for years before things got more serious. There really wasn't any attraction (on my end), that was the last thing to show up.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 3:13 am

I met him on a language exchange/penpal site the summer before my exchange studies. When we met for real for the first time our lives changed.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 4:47 pm

drwho222 wrote:

i met my current man because i liked his cosplay. he was dressed up like the 11th doctor and i stole his fez.

So I'm never in a rush

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

01 Aug 2017, 12:33 am

I met my squirrel friend in my backyard. It was love at first site. He thinks i'm a nut, I am a nut. We're a match made in heaven.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 6:56 am

drwho222 wrote:

Something tells me my Rorschach cosplay for an upcoming event doesn't exactly make me approachable. :lol: :(

[img]https://i2.wp.com/www.tribe-online.de/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Before-Watchmen-Rorschach-Leseprobe-Seite-6-und-7-Tribe-Online-Magazin.jpg
[/img]

entropyindecay
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Aug 2017, 9:13 am

Met my current partner through a physics teaching program, we would go on walks after group sessions and just talk. They were dating someone when I first met them which kinda took the pressure off our interactions which was nice, sometimes I get more anxious than usual when I'm intimidated by a potential partner. We had a lot of common interests like rock climbing and biking and that sorta opened up to talking philosophy and physics etc. Then a few months later they came to a house show where I was playing my first ambient electronic album live and we reconnected after that, it didn't take long for them to curl up to me especially after probing my mind for a bit. They even told me how they had a big crush on me earlier in the year. :heart:

But walking and talking is really therapeutic for me, keeps my thoughts flowing without having to focus too much on how my body is acting in the given situation. Plus it gives me a good excuse to avoid eye contact :$

But once we got around to talking about topics I think a lot about it was really nice, I hate idle chitchat and usually end up diving right into the heavy conversation points anyways. Fortunately my partner was patient enough to listen to my ramblings! However since they're NT its been difficult at times to get good responses, sometimes I think too much about problems and solutions whereas my partner generally doesn't process the issues to the n-th degree but that's fine, everyone is different.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 9:29 am

Grave robbing.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2017, 10:43 am

That's what Mary Shelley wrote about, in a way--though Frankenstein went into "charnel houses" to get the components he wanted :skull:

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

01 Aug 2017, 12:25 pm

we met at an adult program near a pool table.it all started with some small talk regarding Iron Man & Transformers,and the rest was history,then 5 months after we got back together,she breaks up with me.i became so hateful of women & girls regarding relationships because of my AS involving how severely awkward i appear to them that they'd avoid contact with people like me (Aspies) of all ethnicities :x :x :x :x :x :x