uhh bus people sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 11:13 pm

The other day I just can't get it out of my head there was a gross old lady like gross clothes and not showered who smelled like freaking ranch dressing, like they washed their hair with it or something...and that was bad enough untill they sat in front of me only to start vibrating in such a manner I was worried they were about to pop and release a bunch of gross biohazard material or something. And thinking the whole way there don't you pop a bunch of gross biohazard stuff on me going to work. The worst part was their bun of ranch dressing smelling hair bobbing up and down like almost right in front of my face.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 11:29 pm

Same on the train.
Had this guy sitting next to me who reeked so strongly of tobacco I literally couldn't breathe, so I ended up having to stand in the little cubicle near the toilet, which smelled 100 times better.
Like, I don't even know how you could get that much tobacco smell to cling to you, and I've been a smoker, so it's not like I'm not used to the smell of it.
It's just rudeness.

Then there's the fights that inevitably break out.
Practically every time I've been on the long distance train there's been a punch up in my carriage. :roll:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 11:32 pm

What do you mean they were vibrating?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 11:34 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Same on the train.
Had this guy sitting next to me who reeked so strongly of tobacco I literally couldn't breathe, so I ended up having to stand in the little cubicle near the toilet, which smelled 100 times better.
Like, I don't even know how you could get that much tobacco smell to cling to you, and I've been a smoker, so it's not like I'm not used to the smell of it.
It's just rudeness.

Then there's the fights that inevitably break out.
Practically every time I've been on the long distance train there's been a punch up in my carriage. :roll:

Well generally it isn't that bad, but this individual just struck me as so gross...Like I just can't get the thought that they probably bathed in ranch dressing out of my head. But yeah I smoke and I still wouldn't like everything to smell like it, I even prefer to smoke outside even if I am somewhere smoking inside is allowed.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 11:39 pm

Raleigh wrote:
What do you mean they were vibrating?

well it started out as how old people or even some disabled people are sometimes kind of shaky and just got quicker till it really seemed hazardous, like maybe just some health condition but it really seemed like they could have just popped at any moment, and maybe I was also grumpy about going to work so I was being extra irritated by peoples movements.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2017, 11:43 pm

Ranch dressing seems a very peculiar odour to have. :?
Maybe it's some kind of fetish. :lol:

Hopefully, that was a very one-off situation and you'll never have to endure it again.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 2:16 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
The other day I just can't get it out of my head there was a gross old lady like gross clothes and not showered who smelled like freaking ranch dressing, like they washed their hair with it or something...and that was bad enough untill they sat in front of me only to start vibrating in such a manner I was worried they were about to pop and release a bunch of gross biohazard material or something. And thinking the whole way there don't you pop a bunch of gross biohazard stuff on me going to work. The worst part was their bun of ranch dressing smelling hair bobbing up and down like almost right in front of my face.

I once had to get off the bus because I couldn't stand the smell of one of the passengers. He was a short, very obese man who's weight apparently hindered his ability to bathe properly. He was nice enough and seemed to work for the bus company, but he smelled like cheese and rotting flesh.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 8:15 am

I had to endure a dinner where the lady sitting next to me was doused in some cheap perfume,every time she moved my nose got assaulted and the food tasted like the perfume.
Once I went and sat in the car becuse the home owner came down the stairs spraying a big can of Glade air freshener and it was just too thick to even breathe.Thought I would barf right then.Anyway she got the red ass about it and boycotted me after that.I was glad.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:15 am

It's a good thing our subway trains are air-conditioned these days.

In the old days, when we only had those big fans overhead, the trains reeked of everything under the sun---especially peoples' perspiration.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:24 am

Bus people are the weirdest and the smelliest :eew:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 9:33 am

But you gotta take a bus! That's the gist of the whole thing.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:32 am

People reeking of garlic is the one that gets me. Is the bus worse than the train... maybe I'll keep a diary and award marks out of ten, not a random or a representative sample, but it's a start.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 6:13 pm

I hated riding the bus. It was infested with cross eyed junkies nodding out and falling over onto me.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:05 pm

move further away from them.

but sometimes the bus is only so large.

there are only so many open seats.

the bus ride does not last that long.

the homeless have a right to ride the bus too.

V001
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jul 2017, 12:13 pm

Thankful most of the time the fans/ aircooler work on most bus. One way ppl smell is having
a labor job and they need to get home to take a shower so maybe sometimes that is what is happening.
The other thing that bugs someone using a smartphone without earbud/headphones.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 1:31 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
move further away from them.

but sometimes the bus is only so large.

there are only so many open seats.

the bus ride does not last that long.

the homeless have a right to ride the bus too.

I spend about 3 hours a day on the bus. About Another hour waiting at stations.