Tired of Middle-Aged "Adults" Acting Like Trolls on WP

Page 1 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:31 am

Just saw a forty-something-year-old insult a teenager. Also wil@ard or however you spell the username saying that he wants to slap a 21-year-old. The people I'm talking about have been around for a while. They don't seem to be trolls.

Maybe I expect too much from people. You people in your 40s, 50s, and 60s should know how to behave by now. Completely ridiculous that you choose to express yourself with insults, condescension, and other nasty behavior. Disgusting.

Don't bother posting your excuses if you're one of the people I'm talking about. I don't care and I won't read them.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:40 am

well for me i find the explicit expectation of quite a lot of users that we shall behave as the best of nts ... xx whatever xx
come out of your shell and find you're being pushed back in by youknowwhos
you can go on any old womenmagazine for *good* behaviour

'good behaviour' is plentyfull of judgementalism,
of course a mayor half around here wants to better themselves,
maybe the older found it still didn't help much,
but you'll have to get something out of life, be it a little laugh then let it be that

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:53 am

traven wrote:
well for me i find the explicit expectation of quite a lot of users that we shall behave as the best of nts ... xx whatever xx

This has nothing to do with NTs. People don't get a pass to be as*holes just because they are neurodivergent.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 4:46 am

starkid wrote:
Just saw a forty-something-year-old insult a teenager.

Was that me by any chance? Because I've been told that's not really happening and I'm just making it up to make personal attacks against those people. See they don't seem to care about middle aged adults harrassing kids.

And this thead will most likey get erased.

I might even get banned for posting about it lulz.

Last edited by EzraS on 25 Jul 2017, 5:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 4:56 am

Any bullying should be reported to a mod... Diplomacy , not insults.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 5:03 am

1Biggles1 wrote:
Any bullying should be reported to a mod... Diplomacy , not insults.

From what Ive experienced I won't be believed.

What's iroinc is I'd be ashamed to bully or insult say a 13 year old.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 5:11 am

Have no idea of the incident or incidents. Just forwarded my rather unworthy 5 cents.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 5:50 am

LMAO!

First of all, someone calling someone out on their BS isn't "trolling." Trolling is not just when you don't like what someone said to you, particularly if you were being an a-hole too in order to attract that comment or argument.

Second:
You think there's an age limit on someone getting pissed off with another, and telling them exactly what they think of their post? Or that YOU get a pass from that just for being a certain age yourself?

Welcome to the real world, or do you insist on being wrapped in cotton wool just because baby isn't old enough to be told where to go by a big bad grownup who is calling you out on your BS?

Also, have you forgotten that people who are currently "middle aged adults" were the original punk generation who rejected polite convention? Even though life moves them on, why should they put away the idea that they will speak out on someone's BS if they see BS?

I don't have to act like a blue-haired granny. If I see someone being a little s**t I don't care if they're 13, 30 or 93, I will tell them to eff off. I don't care WHAT age they are and you shouldn't care what age I am. And it's not "trolling" to call someone out on their BS. That's not an age issue, that's calling someone out on their BS, I don't care who you are.

Frankly IT'S ME who has been bullied by one of the younger members here, who has been vicious to me and completely disrespectful in a way that should have had the parents warning that person. I've been the one repeatedly harassed with belittling comments by a young member here.

Why should my age mean I'm all lavender doilies, being polite and dishing out candy? There is no age limit on speaking out. In the case of older versus young, we've earned the f*****g right to tell you what you haven't learned yet.

You'll find that out when you get here.

I'm a HUMAN BEING not an age.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 6:48 am

I remember getting a PM from some middle aged member who said terrible stuff to me along the lines of what insignificant little peon I was compared to them and my mother must be ashamed of raising such a little scumbag and so on. I could have reported it and probably got them banned, but I decided to be a nice guy instead.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:26 am

EzraS wrote:
but I decided to be a nice guy instead.

I found the problem.

Also, can someone give BirdInFlight a medal for interneting correctly?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:36 am

Wolfram87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I found the problem.

Explain please? I could have reported it but figured the person would get banned and I didn't want to be vindictive at the time so I let it slide. Maybe I should have said I decided to let it slide instead of saying I decided to be a nice guy.

Last edited by EzraS on 25 Jul 2017, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:39 am

EzraS wrote:
I remember getting a PM from some middle aged member who said terrible stuff to me along the lines of what insignificant little peon I was compared to them and my mother must be ashamed of raising such a little scumbag and so on. I could have reported it and probably got them banned, but I decided to be a nice guy instead.

Don't worry, I would've been a "nice guy" to that person as well :lol:

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:42 am

EzraS wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:

I found the problem.

Explain please?

Lack of line drawing. I'm all for polite, civil interaction, and I can overlook much bad behaviour in the name of civility, as I'm sure people have done for me in kind. But people dedicated to behaving badly will continue to be dedicated to that pursuit unless they face consequences. Such as being reported for their bad behaviour.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:44 am

Last edited by EzraS on 25 Jul 2017, 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:46 am

Nah you're okay man. Wolfram is right.
There is no deterring a troll. They keep going until they are officially dealt with.
No form of manners dissuades them and they feed off of any reaction.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 7:49 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
LMAO!

First of all, someone calling someone out on their BS isn't "trolling." Trolling is not just when you don't like what someone said to you, particularly if you were being an a-hole too in order to attract that comment or argument.

Second:
You think there's an age limit on someone getting pissed off with another, and telling them exactly what they think of their post? Or that YOU get a pass from that just for being a certain age yourself?

Welcome to the real world, or do you insist on being wrapped in cotton wool just because baby isn't old enough to be told where to go by a big bad grownup who is calling you out on your BS?

Also, have you forgotten that people who are currently "middle aged adults" were the original punk generation who rejected polite convention? Even though life moves them on, why should they put away the idea that they will speak out on someone's BS if they see BS?

I don't have to act like a blue-haired granny. If I see someone being a little s**t I don't care if they're 13, 30 or 93, I will tell them to eff off. I don't care WHAT age they are and you shouldn't care what age I am. And it's not "trolling" to call someone out on their BS. That's not an age issue, that's calling someone out on their BS, I don't care who you are.

Frankly IT'S ME who has been bullied by one of the younger members here, who has been vicious to me and completely disrespectful in a way that should have had the parents warning that person. I've been the one repeatedly harassed with belittling comments by a young member here.

Why should my age mean I'm all lavender doilies, being polite and dishing out candy? There is no age limit on speaking out. In the case of older versus young, we've earned the f*****g right to tell you what you haven't learned yet.

You'll find that out when you get here.

I'm a HUMAN BEING not an age.

Your post is based purely on emotions and irrational thought.
However you feel and your opinions on your rights to feel that way do not magically alter the house rules or how you are supposed to treat people on this site.

Not something that requires further explanation (and sadly, something I thought didn't require any explanation outside of Kids Crater).

Last edited by TheSpectrum on 25 Jul 2017, 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.