People being a**holes in the parking lot.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:21 pm

Why do people do that? What I mean is people who take up 2 or more parking spaces in a parking lot thus parking like an a**hole, people who leave their shopping cart in the parking space, or people who decide the parking space is a garbage can for their Mcdonalds trash or their gross chewing gum.

I see so much terrible parking its ridiculous...I mean taking up 2 spots is bad enough, but sometimes I see up to 4 spots taken by one vehicle. Like the other day at the liquor store there was someone in a pickup truck parked in the middle of 4 parking spaces and its not a very big parking lot so pretty inconsiderate.

Also all the carts in parking lots for grocery stores or places like walmart....I just wish I could see someone in the act of that...or just leaving their trash so I could confront them and make them feel embarrassed for behaving in such a trashy manner.

Does this annoy anyone else a lot.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:24 pm

I can understand your frustration. Sometimes we just need to vent.

I always park in the very back of the parking lot where there's lots of room to avoid all the chaos and people doing things like that.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:30 pm

This annoys me to no end. I used to clean parking lots early in the morning, so I really get the part about the garbage.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 4:11 pm

I work at the library, and people seem to think of the parking lot as a place to dump their garbage. Old food, discarded clothing, chewing gum and the like is regularly thrown there. People also pee by the book drop. Gross and smelly.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 4:20 pm

IstominFan wrote:
I work at the library, and people seem to think of the parking lot as a place to dump their garbage. Old food, discarded clothing, chewing gum and the like is regularly thrown there. People also pee by the book drop. Gross and smelly.

At least they aren't peeing "in" the book drop ;) Always try to look on the bright side :D

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 12:19 am

You seem to be having a lot of transport problems at the moment, sweetleaf!
Only thing happened to me was yesterday, walking through a supermarket parking lot the handles just tore off the plastic bag for no reason and groceries went everywhere. I of course crouched down to gather them, then shoved them back in the bag and held it by the ripped sides. At that point I could peripherally see a woman gaining on me from askance. So I keep walking. Then the bag literally tears open for no reason. I have to crouch down and gather stuff again. She comes up behind me and stops. She watches and waits until I have gathered everything and kept walking, then follows me almost to the car before she turns down another row I presume to her car.
Instead of just minding her own business and walking around me.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:40 am

Actually, they were peeing in it, too. We have a camera installed and hopefully, whoever is doing it will be caught. There was also some crazy guy cursing and throwing garbage cans around last Saturday. It gets insane sometimes.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:56 am

Back in the day when I and other folks would go to libraries (instead of surfing the Net) I had a blood boil moment.

Sat down to a desk to idly crack a big hard bound picture book of Hollywood stars in the Black and White era.

The caption on the page said "Humphrey Bogart on the facing page". Look at the facing page, and....it was not Humphrey Bogart, it was a full page portrait of Clark Gable (or whomever and whomever).

Did a double take, and a triple take. Was gobsmacked out how the book publishers could get something that wrong.

But then I ran my finger along the edge of Clark Gable's pic where it joined the books binding, and I felt the saw toothed edge of a page that had been cut out. Realized then that Clark Gable HAD been on the facing page, but that some ass hole had razored him out to collect his picture.

Back then (80's early 90's) they had such things as XEROX MACHINES in public libraries!! !! !

If you needed a pic of Clark Gable even then you could have just Xeroxed him for five cents right there on the premises, and gotten a good copy.

Even then you didn't need to deface a book to get his pic!

Jeeze!

I have a high tolerance for dishonesty. And I have a high tolerance for stupidity, but when you combine massive dishonesty with massive stupidity in the same act that's beyond the pale.

I am not saying that someone like that should be exterminated.

I am just saying that they should be sterilized! So they don't pass on their genes for combined stupidity and dishonesty on to the next generation. :evil: :lol:

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:43 am

We have a bunch of animals roaming around the parking lots over here, tossing trash everywhere.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 7:26 pm

Another thing that really bugs me is when I open a book and find someone has scribbled in it.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 7:30 pm

Where people gather, chaos ensues.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Aug 2017, 9:36 pm

Those things annoy me to even thou I don't drive. I used to pick up carts at two of the stores I worked at & I cleaned up trash at one of em but they weren't my primary duties. I do leave carts in parking spaces sometimes but that's only if there isn't a spot to put it nearby or the spot is full. I'm not going to walk across a big parking lot like WalMart to bring a cart to the front of the store when they should have people picking the carts up.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 9:14 am

I have seen people behaving like total jerks in the parking lot of various places, having loud, obnoxious fights in which they turn the air blue with their cursing. I'm scared it may escalate into a physical fight.

Krabo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 9:51 am

Russian way 8)

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2017, 1:42 pm

OMG-Looks like bumper cars!

If it's that bad in Russia (and it is!) what must it be like in Uzbekistan, where Denis Istomin lived. He's lucky to have survived that awful car accident he was in as a teenager, let alone be succeeding on the ATP tour.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 5:46 pm

Only time I have ever left a shopping cart in the parking lot was when I would have a baby with me and the weather would be cold or nasty and I didn't want to leave my son in the rain or even leave him unattended in his car seat because I was so worried about getting accused of leaving him in the car and dealing with the police and social workers. I don't judge anymore when I see a shopping cart in the parking lot, maybe it was left by a parent of small children or left by someone who is disabled or maybe left by someone because the weather was too nasty and they didn't want to be in the rain or cold weather or hot weather so they were trying to get in their car as quick as possible.

I don't take up two parking spots unless I don't even know where the parking spot is because of no painted lines or they are so worn it's hard to see them I don't notice until I am back to my car.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.