Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2017, 10:04 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
CuriousButDepressed wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
CuriousButDepressed wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I find the whole concept of eugenics to be a horrible thing.

Many people with autism are able to lead productive lives. At the very least, they provide much joy to their families, and to people who know them.

I hate how Autism Speaks is trying to find a cure :( . I know some people hate having autism, but would you rather never be born? I don't like it when people choose to kill their children in the womb just because they have a disability.

A better goal for the group would be the promotion of the elimination of negative traits in people on the ASD and an escalation of their positive traits so that they have no weaknesses and only advantages over NTs. I don't understand why people think that this is an all or nothing issue. What person would want to live with weaknesses, ASD or NT?

Because everybody has weaknesses. We are not superior to so called "normal" people, and that shouldn't he our goal. I'm not defending what Autism Speaks is doing, but there is no way to eliminate all the bad parts of autism while still keeping the good. I don't think we should aim to be better; I think we should get help if we need it, but not make our main focus to eliminate all the "bad parts" of autism. To be honest, all traits of autism could be considered "bad" depending on the context. Of course, I don't want people with an ASD to suffer, but I don't think we can magically get rid of all our weaknesses, no matter how hard we try.

While I agree that with current technology it would be almost impossible to eliminate every single weakness a person has, with the proper mind, vision and funds, we will be able to create humans that are not only mentally superior, but physically superior as well. They would understand social norms and be able to make friends easily, but they would also internally know how malleable and useless social norms are and not follow them when they didn't have to. They'd be far more creative than mere NTs and be able to envision anything with ease. The average intelligence of one of these individuals would be akin to Bill Gates' intelligence. Physically, they would heal from any condition entirely, not 98%, not 99%, not 99.999999%. Nothing would harm them. Why is this such a bad goal, to be so adverse to weakness that you'd want to annihilate it? Didn't we annihilate several diseases because we refused to accept them? Acceptance is merely societally approved enabling of situations. We must always be determined to destroy adversity, not tolerate it.

I'm sorry; I really don't agree with you. If these so called "superior beings" existed, then there wouldn't be any autism diagnosis. You see, we are a minority for a reason. We don't just get labeled with autism because it's the latest trend, or because we have special abilities in drawing, reading, computers, etc. We have significant symptoms that disable us. Your plan would most likely isolate us from "normal people" even more. It is not only impossible, but there are way too many flaws and that would eliminate autism. There have always been, and always will be autistic people. Nothing will change that.

I am aware that those diagnosed as being autistic often have disabling issues, as even people barely on the spectrum have their fair share of problems related to the disorder. However, what makes you believe that we wouldn't be able to annihilate the condition with the proper medical technology? Like I said, the advantages of ASDs would remain intact in these individuals, but their weaknesses would be utterly eliminated so they no longer have to suffer in society. This would not be promoting conformity, it would be promoting justified superiority. Why do you believe that we'll never be able to achieve that? You never know until you try. And that's the thing. We can NEVER give up. Weakness and adversity are to be eliminated whenever possible. Did we just tolerate disease running amuck in society? No, we created vaccines and have annihilated several diseases due to that. Did we tolerate that it was impossible to do anything at night due to there being no source of light? No, we created electricity. The point is that we can't just sit back and tolerate weakness. We must utterly destroy it whenever possible. That means eliminating every mental health condition on the planet and eliminating every physical health condition on the planet to create the superior human creation.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:43 am

I just don't sense that colic has much to do with autism.

If it turns out, through research, that it does, then my impression is wrong.

How you are doing today, Stampy?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:57 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

Great, how are you kraftie?

I have just been in a heated argument for the past half hour :D . I'm posting so much that I am developing carpal tunnel syndrome. I'm doing great, despite this!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:00 am

Colic correlates with being a baby, or with a being a horse.

Not with being a human adult autistic. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:02 am

What have you been arguing about?

You should flex your wrist up and down in between times when you're typing. Or even flex your elbows.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:04 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

On autism forums like these, literally every single ailment or condition or issue (be it physical or neurological) that's ever been discovered in humans since the beginning of time, is related to autism. I never knew autistic people are more prone to literally everything until I came here. And if we really were prone to literally everything, I don't think we would be surviving past the age of one.
:lol:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:06 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
What have you been arguing about?

You should flex your wrist up and down in between times when you're typing. Or even flex your elbows.

I'm going to do that from now on. I really don't want to have to get surgery.

I've been arguing about Autism Speaks and so-and-so's (not going to name names) amazing plan to make autistic people supreme beings. It's quite a ridiculous argument, to be honest.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:08 am

Joe90 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

On autism forums like these, literally every single ailment or condition or issue (be it physical or neurological) that's ever been discovered in humans since the beginning of time, is related to autism. I never knew autistic people are more prone to literally everything until I came here. And if we really were prone to literally everything, I don't think we would be surviving past the age of one.
:lol:

I know :D . I've seen those threads about having wider eyes, long arms, and small wrists being linked to autism. I've learned my lesson: colics are not linked to anything :lol: .

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:08 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Colic correlates with being a baby, or with a being a horse.

Not with being a human adult autistic. :lol:

I know. I realize that now! :D

What about being a teenage autistic? (joking :lol: )

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:40 am

You're going to come across many "theories" on WrongPlanet.

The thing to do is to offer your opinion, and let the other person offer theirs---but if somebody remains insistent that their theory is right, and yours is wrong, just withdraw from the conversation.

You don't want to hurt yourself arguing with a brick wall.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:43 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're going to come across many "theories" on WrongPlanet.

The thing to do is to offer your opinion, and let the other person offer theirs---but if somebody remains insistent that their theory is right, and yours is wrong, just withdraw from the conversation.

You don't want to hurt yourself arguing with a brick wall.

Thanks for the advice kraftie. I will follow it next time- I argued with a brick wall this time :D .