Well its about time, Jeff Sessions being sued.

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 12:53 pm

So it would seem Jeff Sessions and other groups/people involved in current marijuana scheduling are being sued on the grounds that its unconstitutional to have cannabis classified as schedule 1. I say it is about damn time this gets adressed.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/07/25/a-former-jets-player-is-suing-jeff-sessions-to-legalize-marijuana/?utm_term=.a81382291162

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 1:11 pm

http://www.weedist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Why-Do-You-Think-Cannabis-Is-Illegal-Infographic.jpg
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ff/4d/ba/ff4dba9f176950c65dc1aed89ba9bb36.jpg

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:37 pm

Good!

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:39 am

Liberals and their demands to have dope legalized to the point where it's being sold alongside candy bars. just kidding (i hope).

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:47 am

EzraS wrote:
Liberals and their demands to have dope legalized to the point where it's being sold alongside candy bars. just kidding (i hope).

Selling it? It's very easy to grow the stuff in your own house.

That's why it's illegal. Corporations can't make money off it.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:56 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:

People can grow their own tobacco and make their own liquor too. I don't see that's ever put Marlboro or Budweiser out of busines.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:00 am

EzraS wrote:

Pot is sold to adults only, as with any intoxicant, and will remain as such.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

Pot is sold to adults only, as with any intoxicant, and will remain as such.

Oh maaan I wanna buy that s**t. Seriously though I think marijuana is a good thing. Especially when compared to alcohol and even candy bars. Although I hear after enjoying it, you might end up eating some candy bars.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:52 am

EzraS wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
EzraS wrote:

People can grow their own tobacco and make their own liquor too. I don't see that's ever put Marlboro or Budweiser out of busines.

A suburban homeowner cannot make a liter of scotch as easily as he can grow pot.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 9:38 am

Well, I think the football player, and others, in the article, are doing something very stupid----VERY stupid----because Jeff Sessions doesn't write laws; his job is to ENFORCE them. The wiser thing to do, IMO, would be to lobby Congress, as they ARE the ones who write the laws, and get them to put pot in a different Schedule category.

I, TOO, don't agree that pot should be a Schedule I drug, and that it DOES have alot of medicinal value, and that it shouldn't be banned----but, I just don't feel this is the proper way to go-about, things. IMO, everybody, nowadays, is SOOOOO friggin', sue-happy----TOO sue-happy, for their own good (as I feel is demonstrated by this stupid, time / energy-wasting lawsuit)! !

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 10:17 am

^^ The head of the department is always named with the department in question. They aren't suing Sessions personally, they're suing the Department of Justic of which he's the head and thus named in the suit (same with Holder being personally named in the Fast and Furious case, the suit was against the DOJ, not Holder personally). Also of note, the scheduling act gives the authority to change the substances of the act to Health and Human Services and the Drug Enforcement Agency. The people to lobby are in the administration, not the legislature.