Windows or Mac
Windows 67%  67%  [ 12 ]
Mac 33%  33%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 18

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 10:13 pm

Do you use Windows or Mac? I wanna see if most users on here use Windows or Mac. I personally use Windows 10.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2017, 11:43 pm

I've always used windows and am on windows 10. I have never owned anything Apple.

KyleTheGhost
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 4:46 am

Apple for me.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 5:34 am

Had loads of bad experiences with Windows and no bad experiences with a Mac. It can even be quite cheap if you get a Mac Mini and use non Mac peripherals. And it all integrates seamlessly with my iPad. My only regret is that I can't play my WWI flying sim game on my Mac.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 12:15 pm

EzraS wrote:
I've always used windows and am on windows 10. I have never owned anything Apple.

I've never used a Mac before. But my phone right now is a iPhone. And have a iPod Nano and had a iPod Touch before.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 12:27 pm

I have an HP laptop with Windows currently, but I own an iPhone and an iPod Touch, so I have some Apple products too. I've used Mac OS at school in one class and I really liked it. It was very user-friendly and great with Photoshop and other art programs. I think both are good, I just can't afford a MacBook currently.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 1:56 pm

Neither. I run Linux pretty much full time.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:20 pm

Machead here. I worked tech support for Apple 15 years ago.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:23 pm

Meistersinger wrote:

So does that mean if someone calls Apple Support for problems with their Mac. You would be one of the people that would answer the phone?

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:49 pm

Corny wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

So does that mean if someone calls Apple Support for problems with their Mac. You would be one of the people that would answer the phone?

15 years ago, that would have been a possibility. At the time, Apple had call centers in Austin, TX, Sacramento, CA, Montreal, Quebec, and Bawlmer (Baltimore), MD. I left in 2005, due to burnout. That was long before my diagnosis. Of course, I caught hell from mom, as well as the rest of the family for being a fat, lazy-assed no good motherf!cker for being let go, due to burnout. Even though I'm on SSDI, the family still considers me to be a fat, lazy-assed no good motherf!cker, no matter what I can or can't do.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 3:51 pm

Meistersinger wrote:
Corny wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

15 years ago, that would have been a possibility. At the time, Apple had call centers in Austin, TX, Sacramento, CA, Montreal, Quebec, and Bawlmer (Baltimore), MD. I left in 2005, due to burnout. That was long before my diagnosis. Of course, I caught hell from mom, as well as the rest of the family for being a fat, lazy-assed no good motherf!cker for being let go, due to burnout. Even though I'm on SSDI, the family still considers me to be a fat, lazy-assed no good motherf!cker, no matter what I can or can't do.

Your family sounds like that don't really care for you that much.

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 4:24 pm

Corny wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:
Corny wrote:
Meistersinger wrote:

Your family sounds like that don't really care for you that much.

I was always running up against the PA Dutch Work Ethic: work hard, keep working that way until you drop dead, then get back up and start working again. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Throughout my entire working career, I worked at least 3 jobs at a time, just so I could pay the bills I ran up. The only job I really enjoyed was the church choir, even though it only paid $25.00 for a 2 hour service. I can't even do that anymore, since most churches replaced their choirs and organs with rock bands and praise music. It's a trend In church music I despise, as a musicologist, and a classically trained musician. Besides, if a church still has an organist/choir director, they're lucky to even be paid nowadays.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Aug 2017, 9:39 pm

Windose for me. I like being able to work on my system & make hardware & software changes. Alot more stuff is compatible with windose.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition