Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:28 am

Autism festival comes to Southampton

Quote:
Awareness of Autism is a festival for people with autism, created by people with autism

Now four former students have spearheaded the event with the aim of showcasing the talents of artists and performers who live with the condition.

Hosted by a Solent University Music Promotions, the day long event will include performances by musicians Jack Grace and David Gorham, poetry readings and motivational talks by Daniel Jeffery.

A single has also been released called I Can Be Great, by Jordan Statham and Oscar Bell, and can be downloaded on itunes.

Any money raised will go towards Autism Hampshire which has nearly 50 years expertise of supporting adults and young people with autism. It is also one of the only organisations in the region offering direct services to individuals, as well as providing community-based support to families.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 7:26 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Autism festival comes to Southampton

Quote:
Awareness of Autism is a festival for people with autism, created by people with autism

Now four former students have spearheaded the event with the aim of showcasing the talents of artists and performers who live with the condition.

Hosted by a Solent University Music Promotions, the day long event will include performances by musicians Jack Grace and David Gorham, poetry readings and motivational talks by Daniel Jeffery.

A single has also been released called I Can Be Great, by Jordan Statham and Oscar Bell, and can be downloaded on itunes.

Any money raised will go towards Autism Hampshire which has nearly 50 years expertise of supporting adults and young people with autism. It is also one of the only organisations in the region offering direct services to individuals, as well as providing community-based support to families.

The link is broken :?

Shame as well, because this is....where I live :o ! !! !
I think I know the organizers.

(Please don't tell them I use WP..!)