Do you ever feel guilty for something you didn't do?

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:23 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I sense that you have the empathy, but that your "trouble" lies in how to actually bring it "to action."

Like you're confused as to whether to show sympathy, or not show sympathy. This is because some people like it, and others don't. The "default" thing to do is to not show the sympathy, so you can seem like a "hip" person.

The "disorder" in Asperger's/Autism, perhaps, lies in a relative inability to "think on one's feet" in the immediate moment. Frequently, people with autism are able to reflect later on their actions, and to know they might have done something "wrong" in the "immediate moment." And to know the "right" thing to do upon reflection.

Yeah, that seems right. I definitely care about people. I would rather just not have to deal with others problems/emotions in the present moment. Maybe I could write a letter or something like that to the person who is going through a rough time. I care, but I can't respond correctly.

The thing I like about written communication is that it gives you time to think through what you want to say, sometimes you really want to explain something you can imagine, but you can't seem to find the words without writing it down or drawing it.

Not so much with emotional support though, I feel like I can support people but then again people usually come to me if they want to hear me tell a joke or if they want advice on what to do, rather than emotional support. But I feel like if it was needed of me, I could probably support them. Sometimes people find my support a bit cliche though, and get annoyed if I get too philosophical on them. Others actually like it and enjoy my input, so it varies.

Yeah, I really like written communication. How about calling people? I hate the phone so much lol. Talking on the phone is my worst nightmare :D .

I am the type of friend that is not for emotional support :lol: . Thankfully, I have made a friend just like me who also can't offer emotional support. The friendship works out well.

I don't talk on the phone much, but when I do I don't have any problems with it. I remember when I was younger I would talk on the phone for so long that the battery would go dead on the landline, these days I usually instant-message my friends. People say I sound posher on the phone. I definitely have a "phone voice".

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:24 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I sense that you have the empathy, but that your "trouble" lies in how to actually bring it "to action."

Like you're confused as to whether to show sympathy, or not show sympathy. This is because some people like it, and others don't. The "default" thing to do is to not show the sympathy, so you can seem like a "hip" person.

The "disorder" in Asperger's/Autism, perhaps, lies in a relative inability to "think on one's feet" in the immediate moment. Frequently, people with autism are able to reflect later on their actions, and to know they might have done something "wrong" in the "immediate moment." And to know the "right" thing to do upon reflection.

Yeah, that seems right. I definitely care about people. I would rather just not have to deal with others problems/emotions in the present moment. Maybe I could write a letter or something like that to the person who is going through a rough time. I care, but I can't respond correctly.

The thing I like about written communication is that it gives you time to think through what you want to say, sometimes you really want to explain something you can imagine, but you can't seem to find the words without writing it down or drawing it.

Not so much with emotional support though, I feel like I can support people but then again people usually come to me if they want to hear me tell a joke or if they want advice on what to do, rather than emotional support. But I feel like if it was needed of me, I could probably support them. Sometimes people find my support a bit cliche though, and get annoyed if I get too philosophical on them. Others actually like it and enjoy my input, so it varies.

Yeah, I really like written communication. How about calling people? I hate the phone so much lol. Talking on the phone is my worst nightmare :D .

I am the type of friend that is not for emotional support :lol: . Thankfully, I have made a friend just like me who also can't offer emotional support. The friendship works out well.

I don't talk on the phone much, but when I do I don't have any problems with it. I remember when I was younger I would talk on the phone for so long that the battery would go dead on the landline, these days I usually instant-message my friends. People say I sound posher on the phone. I definitely have a "phone voice".

Lol I guess I'm the only one that hates it :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 2:27 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Lol I guess I'm the only one that hates it :D .

I wouldn't say that, I know plenty of people that hate talking on the phone. I'm just not one of them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 3:12 pm

I always get this feeling of anxiety whenever I have to talk on the phone.

I had this job once where I had to call people out of the cold. It wasn't pleasant, to say the least.

I didn't think I had a decent "phone voice" until rather recently.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 3:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

I had this job once where I had to call people out of the cold. It wasn't pleasant, to say the least.

I don't think I could ever work somewhere with a phone. That's bad, because half the world has a mobile phone now. I'm the only kid where I live that doesn't have one. I just really don't want one :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 8:59 pm

sometimes when someone accuses me of something that i did not do, i feel guilty nonetheless.

sometimes when i see a police car i feel like i committed a crime, even though i did not.

sometimes i feel guilty when i go to the bathroom in a store that has a sign that says bathrooms for customers only.

sometimes i feel guilty for not going to work. but sometimes i just feel lazy, annoyed, bitter, hateful, misunderstood.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 7:35 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
sometimes when someone accuses me of something that i did not do, i feel guilty nonetheless.

sometimes when i see a police car i feel like i committed a crime, even though i did not.

sometimes i feel guilty when i go to the bathroom in a store that has a sign that says bathrooms for customers only.

sometimes i feel guilty for not going to work. but sometimes i just feel lazy, annoyed, bitter, hateful, misunderstood.

Yeah, I feel the same about cop cars. Something in my brain just goes 'Up your pace, look casual and don't make too much eye contact, look like you have somewhere to be and that you didn't commit a crime' even though I haven't done anything. :/

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 7:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

The only time I feel anxious on the phone is either talking to the bank, or say having an interview over the phone. Otherwise I'm usually fine.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 7:53 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The only time I feel anxious on the phone is either talking to the bank, or say having an interview over the phone. Otherwise I'm usually fine.

I don't think I really feel anxious either; I just hate it :D .

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:08 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
Ok, so that question might seem strange at first- but let me explain. Sometimes, I'll do something in a dream that I would never actually do in real life, but for some reason when I wake up if usually feel disturbed... even slightly guilty, even though I technically haven't actually done anything.

I've felt guilty for something I did in someone else's dream. Just the one time, but the guilt was pretty severe :? .

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:34 am

The day before I heard about the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, I was repeatedly jumping off of my bed to the ground. When I heard about Haiti, I couldn't help but wonder if my jumping was at least partly responsible for the earthquake.

Lost_dragon wrote:

I once had a friend text me for emotional support. In the end, my friend said I was helpful, but the entire time, I was like, "What am I doing?!? WTF am I doing?!?!" I would have never pulled if off with speaking on the phone. :D

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:16 am

Whenever I see a police car, I get an anxiety attack and fear I may get stopped, even though I didn't do anything wrong. That fear of getting stopped has been heightened somewhat after an incident that happened four months ago. The situation has been resolved successfully now, and I don't want any more trouble.

I feel guilty for not being a complete, full adult person. I lost my mom in 2011, and I feel bad that she couldn't see the improvements I have made in my life. My mom said I was a good person, but I knew I was too different to experience the changes that could lead to full independence.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:21 am

Stampy,

I prefer written communication over spoken communication as well. Telephone communication is okay as long as I can talk to the actual person. I hate talking into an answering machine. I sound like a complete fool speaking into "dead air."

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:57 am

248RPA wrote:
The day before I heard about the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, I was repeatedly jumping off of my bed to the ground. When I heard about Haiti, I couldn't help but wonder if my jumping was at least partly responsible for the earthquake.

Lost_dragon wrote:

I once had a friend text me for emotional support. In the end, my friend said I was helpful, but the entire time, I was like, "What am I doing?!? WTF am I doing?!?!" I would have never pulled if off with speaking on the phone. :D

How I feel when someone asks me for advice on romance and relationships, lol. ^

Seriously, I have practically zero experience on that topic, please don't ask me.

IstominFan wrote:
Whenever I see a police car, I get an anxiety attack and fear I may get stopped, even though I didn't do anything wrong. That fear of getting stopped has been heightened somewhat after an incident that happened four months ago. The situation has been resolved successfully now, and I don't want any more trouble.

I feel guilty for not being a complete, full adult person. I lost my mom in 2011, and I feel bad that she couldn't see the improvements I have made in my life. My mom said I was a good person, but I knew I was too different to experience the changes that could lead to full independence.

Yeah, when I'm sat in the car with my parents I always feel like we're going to be pulled over for some reason, even if they're driving in a perfectly safe manner. I worry about this less these days though.

IstominFan wrote:
Stampy,

I prefer written communication over spoken communication as well. Telephone communication is okay as long as I can talk to the actual person. I hate talking into an answering machine. I sound like a complete fool speaking into "dead air."

I don't tend to leave voice mails very often personally, but I don't mind leaving them.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 10:05 am

racheypie666 wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
Ok, so that question might seem strange at first- but let me explain. Sometimes, I'll do something in a dream that I would never actually do in real life, but for some reason when I wake up if usually feel disturbed... even slightly guilty, even though I technically haven't actually done anything.

I've felt guilty for something I did in someone else's dream. Just the one time, but the guilt was pretty severe :? .

Interesting, I've never felt bad for doing something in someone else's dreams, but then again usually when people mention that I was in their dreams it's usually because they did something bad to me in that dream, but I have felt bad for what I've done in my dreams quite a few times.

248RPA wrote:

I remember briefly having such concerns at the time, but I was quick to dismiss these thoughts as irrational though.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 9:22 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
shortfatbalduglyman wrote:

Yeah, I feel the same about cop cars. Something in my brain just goes 'Up your pace, look casual and don't make too much eye contact, look like you have somewhere to be and that you didn't commit a crime' even though I haven't done anything. :/

___________________________________________________________________________________

especially when i am driving. b/c of Generalized Anxiety Disorder. maybe specific anxiety disorder too. and i am bad at driving.

so i drive even worse than usual.