Why is Autism Speaks considered to be an evil organization?

Page 6 of 9 [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:57 pm

bunnyb wrote:
CuriousButDepressed wrote:
bunnyb wrote:
Lintar wrote:
If anything, I believe that their strengths should be amplified and their weaknesses should be utterly annihilated so that we can create a new race of supreme human beings.

Hmm, now where have I come across THAT before?

https://www.amazon.com/Mein-Kampf/s?ie= ... in%20Kampf

I wish there was a like button!

But I don't want to harm the people with disabilities, rather I simply want to give them an option to eliminate their problems.

You say you want to give them the option but just how do you think that would work? At what age would the 'cure' become available? Would it be at 16, 18 or maybe 21? Do you think parents who have a small child diagnosed would be prepared to wait and what about the cost of early intervention. Wouldn't it been seen as a waste of time if a 'cure' was available? Much cheaper for society to force a cure on small children and very few parents would oppose it. If you spent any time in the parents section on here you would see how hard it is for parents to understand this thing called autism. They would pretty much all want the 'cure' asap. You idea is deeply flawed.

Yes, we do need a "like" button. I guess there is this - :thumleft:

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 12:35 am

They seem to disregard us all as hopeless and consider us floundering fish with no way to fit into the grandiose vision they are seeking, I read nobody on their board is on the spectrum either which kind of renders them ridiculous... we are affected by a condition, we are valid human beings with a bit of a different way of being, we actually are, we are not effing inferior lifeforms.

CuriousButDepressed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2017, 8:08 am

DancingCorpse wrote:
They seem to disregard us all as hopeless and consider us floundering fish with no way to fit into the grandiose vision they are seeking, I read nobody on their board is on the spectrum either which kind of renders them ridiculous... we are affected by a condition, we are valid human beings with a bit of a different way of being, we actually are, we are not effing inferior lifeforms.

As I've said many times, I want this to be a choice for the afflicted individuals. Since mental illness is not contagious like many physical illnesses are, they do not HAVE to be entirely annihilated. I know that it will be challenging for this specific vision to be fulfilled due to a number of factors, but one must continue pushing on no matter how challenging the road is. Acceptance and giving up are not viable options.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:16 am

Drake wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:
I would personally make sweeping changes to myself if I could. I see my autism as an overall detriment to me, but I wouldn't turn myself into an NT if the option was available, it's too scary, and my life has been built around being autistic, not NT.

But I would sweep away all the things that defy logic and limit me. Just off the top of my head, no more meltdowns and other associated emotional issues. No more fear and stress and obsessing over so many stupid things NTs do not fear, barely think about, and even sometimes like. No more dyspraxia. No more poor sense of direction. No more social inadequecies, vulnerabilities, and I'll have that NT "social sense". My empathy is good, but if I can get a boost to that too, I'll have that as well. No more issues with eye contact. No more issues with literal thinking. No more issues with sarcasm. No more issues with overreacting and poorly adapting to sudden change. No more sensory issues. How can any of these things be anything other than a burden? That's a good list, surely you all have at least something there. Tell me why you wouldn't get rid of it. I am honestly curious. Just the accumulated stress from all of it will cut years off my lifespan and cut into my general health, and I'm not even that bad as suffering from autism goes! I got some really nice positive traits out of it, and I'm definitely better off than the majority of other autistics I've met in person, definitely in the upper brackets of the spectrum, but the positives don't offset the negatives. Look at the stuff in the Haven, so much stress and anguish, NTs do not suffer like that, NTs do not suicide at anything like the rate we do. I wonder how many people who've posted in there over the years have since died by their own hand. So many of us were bullied growing up, and so many of us would not have been if not for our autism practically tattooing the words PERFECT VICTIM on our foreheads. Because we are both emotionally fragile and socially isolated we are the perfect targets for bullies to get maximum enjoyment at minimum risk from.

I would not choose to get rid of my autism or my OCD when it was severe. I have been through a lot more stress and anguish than most of my peers. Most kids don't come home to sob for hours because they are convinced they have gone insane. Most kids aren't terrified that they are a bad person. Most kids my age don't have the social difficulties, the horrible anxiety, the need for constant sameness, or the sensory issues I have. I can't even hug my own parents because of my sensory issues. You would probably think there was something wrong with me for not wanting to get rid of my horrible difficulties. Well, I'm not like most kids. My suffering has made me a better person. If I hadn't had to jump through the hoops life throws at me, then I wouldn't be where I am today. I would be some arrogant idiot who thinks only of themselves and doesn't have much in common with people who have disabilities. I'm not saying I like having problems; I'm saying that those problems have made me a more tolerant, happy, and accepting person today. I hate my difficulties and still do, but I need to go through them to be human.

I know what you mean actually, about what your suffering has taught you. I'd be carrying around some ignorant views about certain aspects of mental disabilities that would be very hurtful to those suffering from them if expressed if not for having gone through it myself. My logic-based nature would have stopped me being able to understand without having been there myself. And I'd definitely be much stronger in some areas if I could magic away my problems now than if I'd never had them to begin with.

You see value to be gained through your experiences of suffering, and I understand that, but I don't understand how you can actually be happier than you would be without having suffered at all.

But no, I don't think there's something wrong with you. My mind is open, and I want to know why others would keep disabilities which seem to be nothing but a detriment.

I'm not going to argue with you because there is no point. I truly think I am happier having suffered than if I had never suffered at all. I would want to keep my disabilities no matter what. I don't think the world would be a better place if we could get rid of autism. I understand your view on the matter, however I am going to try and use my disadvantages to my advantage. It makes me a better person.

I'm not here to argue. If you're honestly happier with than you would be without, that somehow they supply you with even more pleasure than they do pain overall, then it makes perfect sense for you to keep them. I know I'd be much happier without the things I listed, they are just a drain on me.

Sorry about that- I've argued with somebody else here all day on this matter :) .

My problems are a real drain on me. But imagine for a second a world with no disorders or suffering. How do you think that would work? We would all be inexperienced and foolish. It seems like a world without problems would be a great idea, but in the long run it would be bad for us. We don't deserve to be superior. If everyone on Earth was a "supreme human being" then what would happen? Would we all live together in peace and harmony? I don't think so. What about the people who don't want to be superior to others? Sure they don't have to be, but do you think they would survive? Survival of the fittest would be at work in that situation. Those people would never be able to get jobs, they would probably be even more socially isolated than autistic people are now. This plan doesn't work. We do not deserve to be better than other people. That's what Hitler tried to do. How did that work out?

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

CuriousButDepressed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2017, 8:29 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:
I would personally make sweeping changes to myself if I could. I see my autism as an overall detriment to me, but I wouldn't turn myself into an NT if the option was available, it's too scary, and my life has been built around being autistic, not NT.

But I would sweep away all the things that defy logic and limit me. Just off the top of my head, no more meltdowns and other associated emotional issues. No more fear and stress and obsessing over so many stupid things NTs do not fear, barely think about, and even sometimes like. No more dyspraxia. No more poor sense of direction. No more social inadequecies, vulnerabilities, and I'll have that NT "social sense". My empathy is good, but if I can get a boost to that too, I'll have that as well. No more issues with eye contact. No more issues with literal thinking. No more issues with sarcasm. No more issues with overreacting and poorly adapting to sudden change. No more sensory issues. How can any of these things be anything other than a burden? That's a good list, surely you all have at least something there. Tell me why you wouldn't get rid of it. I am honestly curious. Just the accumulated stress from all of it will cut years off my lifespan and cut into my general health, and I'm not even that bad as suffering from autism goes! I got some really nice positive traits out of it, and I'm definitely better off than the majority of other autistics I've met in person, definitely in the upper brackets of the spectrum, but the positives don't offset the negatives. Look at the stuff in the Haven, so much stress and anguish, NTs do not suffer like that, NTs do not suicide at anything like the rate we do. I wonder how many people who've posted in there over the years have since died by their own hand. So many of us were bullied growing up, and so many of us would not have been if not for our autism practically tattooing the words PERFECT VICTIM on our foreheads. Because we are both emotionally fragile and socially isolated we are the perfect targets for bullies to get maximum enjoyment at minimum risk from.

I would not choose to get rid of my autism or my OCD when it was severe. I have been through a lot more stress and anguish than most of my peers. Most kids don't come home to sob for hours because they are convinced they have gone insane. Most kids aren't terrified that they are a bad person. Most kids my age don't have the social difficulties, the horrible anxiety, the need for constant sameness, or the sensory issues I have. I can't even hug my own parents because of my sensory issues. You would probably think there was something wrong with me for not wanting to get rid of my horrible difficulties. Well, I'm not like most kids. My suffering has made me a better person. If I hadn't had to jump through the hoops life throws at me, then I wouldn't be where I am today. I would be some arrogant idiot who thinks only of themselves and doesn't have much in common with people who have disabilities. I'm not saying I like having problems; I'm saying that those problems have made me a more tolerant, happy, and accepting person today. I hate my difficulties and still do, but I need to go through them to be human.

I know what you mean actually, about what your suffering has taught you. I'd be carrying around some ignorant views about certain aspects of mental disabilities that would be very hurtful to those suffering from them if expressed if not for having gone through it myself. My logic-based nature would have stopped me being able to understand without having been there myself. And I'd definitely be much stronger in some areas if I could magic away my problems now than if I'd never had them to begin with.

You see value to be gained through your experiences of suffering, and I understand that, but I don't understand how you can actually be happier than you would be without having suffered at all.

But no, I don't think there's something wrong with you. My mind is open, and I want to know why others would keep disabilities which seem to be nothing but a detriment.

I'm not going to argue with you because there is no point. I truly think I am happier having suffered than if I had never suffered at all. I would want to keep my disabilities no matter what. I don't think the world would be a better place if we could get rid of autism. I understand your view on the matter, however I am going to try and use my disadvantages to my advantage. It makes me a better person.

I'm not here to argue. If you're honestly happier with than you would be without, that somehow they supply you with even more pleasure than they do pain overall, then it makes perfect sense for you to keep them. I know I'd be much happier without the things I listed, they are just a drain on me.

Sorry about that- I've argued with somebody else here all day on this matter :) .

My problems are a real drain on me. But imagine for a second a world with no disorders or suffering. How do you think that would work? We would all be inexperienced and foolish. It seems like a world without problems would be a great idea, but in the long run it would be bad for us. We don't deserve to be superior. If everyone on Earth was a "supreme human being" then what would happen? Would we all live together in peace and harmony? I don't think so. What about the people who don't want to be superior to others? Sure they don't have to be, but do you think they would survive? Survival of the fittest would be at work in that situation. Those people would never be able to get jobs, they would probably be even more socially isolated than autistic people are now. This plan doesn't work. We do not deserve to be better than other people. That's what Hitler tried to do. How did that work out?

I've revised my original vision to include NTs as well. If someone wants to remove their weaknesses, there SHOULD be a technology to be able to remove them. Think of all the progress we've made in history because of that one person who had the courage to say: "NO! I'm NOT going to accept this as it is!" That attitude has brought us vaccination, electricity, plumbing, the ability to travel to continents separated by water much more easily and of course, the internet. We need to stand strong against adversity and crush it ultimately. Adversity is like gum that is stuck under your shoe. Without the proper tools, it's stuck there and you have to handle it UNTIL the tools become available to remove it instantly. Once said tools are available, then it must be yanked off, hurled into the trash can that is extinction and mocked with derision like it deserves. How is this such a horrible attitude?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:43 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:

I've revised my original vision to include NTs as well. If someone wants to remove their weaknesses, there SHOULD be a technology to be able to remove them. Think of all the progress we've made in history because of that one person who had the courage to say: "NO! I'm NOT going to accept this as it is!" That attitude has brought us vaccination, electricity, plumbing, the ability to travel to continents separated by water much more easily and of course, the internet. We need to stand strong against adversity and crush it ultimately. Adversity is like gum that is stuck under your shoe. Without the proper tools, it's stuck there and you have to handle it UNTIL the tools become available to remove it instantly. Once said tools are available, then it must be yanked off, hurled into the trash can that is extinction and mocked with derision like it deserves. How is this such a horrible attitude?

It isn't a horrible attitude, it would just never work. Like bunnyb said, parents would want this cure for their children right away. It would be forced on them. The people that would choose not to be superior would be excluded from everything. They would be another minority. I don't see the point in getting rid of one minority only to add another. It's a ridiculous idea. I'm sorry, science will never be able to prevent death. Sure, new medicines and ideas could let people live longer, but death is inevitable. By the way, vaccinations aren't a plus, they caused autism :lol: (Joke!).

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

CuriousButDepressed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2017, 8:47 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Drake wrote:

It isn't a horrible attitude, it would just never work. Like bunnyb said, parents would want this cure for their children right away. It would be forced on them. The people that would choose not to be superior would be excluded from everything. They would be another minority. I don't see the point in getting rid of one minority only to add another. It's a ridiculous idea. I'm sorry, science will never be able to prevent death. Sure, new medicines and ideas could let people live longer, but death is inevitable. By the way, vaccinations aren't a plus, they caused autism :lol: (Joke!).

Lol, I was about to say that if you were an anti-vaxxer, you'd be beyond hope. However, it is possible that science can one day prevent death. We can never give up in the pursuit of immortality. Isn't the possibility of something better better than accepting the current mediocre reality? Sure, it might not be possible and only certain people with an aptitude for science can be the guiding light into the unknown future, but we have to NEVER give up, NEVER accept and NEVER lose determination. If we want to live forever, we should have the right to create means to, damn it. Why would you just accept that death is inevitable rather than searching for the possibility of immortality? The more possibilities, the better. Accepting things as they are never works.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:54 am

Whenever any human being tries to make the world a better place, they end up making it worse.
Whenever any human tries to make society utopian, it ends up being dystopian.
The problem here is that people are human. So What I really need is a cure for *being* one, not a cure for autism.
:P

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 8:58 am

I am not against vaccinations. I don't look to science as my idol. Entirely preventing death will never happen. How can you permanently stop a life cycle? We will all die one day. I don't believe science will ever be that advanced. You can have your own opinion.

CuriousButDepressed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2017, 8:59 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Whenever any human being tries to make the world a better place, they end up making it worse.
Whenever any human tries to make society utopian, it ends up being dystopian.
The problem here is that people are human. So What I really need is a cure for *being* one, not a cure for autism.
:P

Perhaps there is some sort of way to preserve the ideal man in society. Imagine the progress that could be made with an entire human race of super-humans who cannot be harmed, cannot die and cannot suffer. The effects would be astronomically beneficial.

CuriousButDepressed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2017, 9:00 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I am not against vaccinations. I don't look to science as my idol. Entirely preventing death will never happen. How can you permanently stop a life cycle? We will all die one day. I don't believe science will ever be that advanced. You can have your own opinion.

What makes you believe science is my idol? I simply feel that there is a possibility we can bypass death due to all the other amazing accomplishments that have been brought fourth due to science. We have annihilated several diseases like they deserve to be, extended the human life span and are even creating stem cells to utterly annihilate terrible conditions from existence. If we accept the current status quo, we won't crush death to pieces like we humans deserve to.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:09 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:

What makes you believe science is my idol? I simply feel that there is a possibility we can bypass death due to all the other amazing accomplishments that have been brought fourth due to science. We have annihilated several diseases like they deserve to be, extended the human life span and are even creating stem cells to utterly annihilate terrible conditions from existence. If we accept the current status quo, we won't crush death to pieces like we humans deserve to.

Uh, I don't know, everything you've posted? You think that science will solve all the world's problems. I do think technology is very advanced, but there are some things you can't fix with science. Like death. Like natural things. It can't happen. Sorry, science will never be where you think it will be. I'm not accepting the status quo, I'm accepting the facts of nature.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:14 am

I don't like the concept of the "ideal man."

It's a utopian/dystopian concept which can be appropriated by Nazi-type people.

Even if one is born "ideal," it doesn't mean the person will grow up "ideal."

Like I said, two all-around geniuses could produce an idiot.

An idiot can be created from the "ideal man" through lifes' processes.

CuriousButDepressed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2017, 9:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't like the concept of the "ideal man."

It's a utopian/dystopian concept which can be appropriated by Nazi-type people.

Even if one is born "ideal," it doesn't mean the person will grow up "ideal."

Like I said, two all-around geniuses could produce an idiot.

An idiot can be created from the "ideal man" through lifes' processes.

But unlike the Nazis, I do not believe in harming those who have differences. I would only give them an option to become the ideal man, so long as their disabilities were not contagious and affected other people. We must strive for perfection, otherwise we are slaves to the idea of "acceptance". There is no fate, there is no plan, we are the creators of our destinies.

CuriousButDepressed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2017, 9:25 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Uh, I don't know, everything you've posted? You think that science will solve all the world's problems. I do think technology is very advanced, but there are some things you can't fix with science. Like death. Like natural things. It can't happen. Sorry, science will never be where you think it will be. I'm not accepting the status quo, I'm accepting the facts of nature.

It certainly can, as we once believed that humans would not be able to live past 35 or so. Guess what? We often live into our 80s, 90s and even 100s now with the right circumstances. If you keep saying you can't do something, you completely eliminate the possibility of it happening. Sure, you're not going to achieve something just because you think you can, that's the work of self-esteem lunatic BS artists, but you have a much better chance of achieving something with intellect, effort, determination and luck. We will one day bypass death and have to keep working at it. Acceptance is just socially accepted enabling of bad circumstances. Acceptance is to be crushed into bite sized pieces, for we can shape the future the way WE choose to.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 9:27 am

I don't believe you're a Nazi. I believe you have good intentions.

But I just believe that an "ideal" person could be created even if we did all the eugenics we possibly could do.

I get what you mean. You want to eradicate all suffering and all disease. That would be swell.

But....it just can't happen in an absolute sense. We can come close, though.