Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Aug 2017, 5:09 pm

I don't really care. my bDay isn't a big deal to me thou I did like getting presents as a kid, money as an adult & cake but that's about it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

emmasma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2017, 1:02 pm

Mine just reminds me how isolated I am. I wouldn't want a big party with presents and all the gift receiving anxieties, but it makes me feel crappy because it highlights the fact that I am very much alone in this part of my life. My mom died a few years back and I ended a long term relationship soon after. The only present I have received since then are pictures drawn by my kid.

I usually make my b-day private on Facebook right before but last year I didn't and only two people said happy birthday and they were family members that I didn't want to talk to anyway so it just made me feel bad.

My kids birthdays make me feel like a bad parent because I'm to not sociable with other parents so they don't really have friends that come over. Without my mom the little family cake and ice cream is really pathetic. Plus I spend money I can't afford on gifts that are not nearly as good as their friends get.

Birthdays suck.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2017, 8:12 pm

My birthday is Friday :( , I really don't feel like I'm going be 47, my bones & my joints makes feel older alot of the times, but I'm taking calcium pills with vitamin D & my joint health pills.