Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2017, 11:35 pm

Family Musical About Disability ADDY & UNO Coming to The Theater at 14th Street Y

Quote:
Family Musical About Disability ADDY & UNO Coming to The Theater at 14th Street YThe first family musical about disability, Addy & Uno, features concept and book by Nava R. Silton, Ph.D., music and lyrics by Bonnie Gleicher, and will be directed by the Emmy-nominated Donna Drake (John Tartaglia's ImaginOcean and Netflix's Julie's Greenroom). Addy & Uno runs August 28th-September 24th at The Theater at 14th Street Y (344 E 14th St)

Addy & Uno is a new musical about disability, bullying and friendship. As Uno, a child with autism, faces the challenge of competing in his school's math competition, his friends with varying disabilities - ADHD, visual, hearing and physical impairment - rally in support. Told through puppets, humor and unforgettable music, the show celebrates the abilities within disability, and inspires empathy and the understanding that it's "nice to be nice." The musical is an adaptation of the widely successful Realabilities Educational Comic Book Curriculum created by Nava R. Silton.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman