Why aren't we allowed to preach about homosexuality?

Page 1 of 13 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2017, 4:43 pm

In some countries, Christian ministers can be put in jail simply for stating what the Bible says about homosexuality. That it is a sin. Some are calling this "hate speech". Anything preached from the pulpit against homosexuality can be met with legal ramifications. I find this very disturbing. It is one thing to bully or threaten someone, but our religious freedoms must be protected. I believe that homosexuality is a sin, but it can be overcome. God loves the homosexuals as sinners, but he doesn't approve of homosexuality. Because it goes against the divine purpose of male and female relationships- in which we were created. Just because someone views homosexuality as a sin, doesn't mean they hate homosexuals. Quite the contrary! It means they love them enough to tell them the truth. We can pray for homosexuals to be delivered. God is very merciful.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 4:49 pm

Which countries are those?

Examples please.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 4:57 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
In some countries, Christian ministers can be put in jail simply for stating what the Bible says about homosexuality. That it is a sin. Some are calling this "hate speech". Anything preached from the pulpit against homosexuality can be met with legal ramifications. I find this very disturbing. It is one thing to bully or threaten someone, but our religious freedoms must be protected. I believe that homosexuality is a sin, but it can be overcome. God loves the homosexuals as sinners, but he doesn't approve of homosexuality. Because it goes against the divine purpose of male and female relationships- in which we were created. Just because someone views homosexuality as a sin, doesn't mean they hate homosexuals. Quite the contrary! It means they love them enough to tell them the truth. We can pray for homosexuals to be delivered. God is very merciful.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Homophobes are victims of bullying?

Short is tall. Down is up.
Stop being such a crybaby. You patriarchal world is dying. Deal with it.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 5:05 pm

Why? Because most Christian now DONT believe that homosexuality is a sin. They don't believe it's an "abomination."

And most Christian churches don't ordain any penalty for a homosexual person. They can be members of churches without being persecuted.

And it's been proven, pretty much beyond the shadow of a doubt, that one cannot "overcome" homosexuality. One is "born" with it.

I'm a heterosexual man.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Jul 2017, 5:12 pm

People can believe what they want to believe including RVA, people like to single out Christianity in this country but it's not Christians that are throwing gays off buildings and drowning them in cages.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 5:23 pm

I know of countries that persecute homosexuals. But I don't know of any countries that persecute clergy for preaching against homosexuality. But if the later group of countries exist I doubt that they rack up the same body count as the first category of countries do. More folks get stoned to death for being gay then get stoned to death for preaching against gayness.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 5:26 pm

Jacoby wrote:
People can believe what they want to believe including RVA, people like to single out Christianity in this country but it's not Christians that are throwing gays off buildings and drowning them in cages.

No one said that RVA couldn't believe whatever he wanted.

But he implied that.there are vast numbers of preachers in the world being thrown off buildings and being drown in cages just because they exercised their first amendment right preach against homosexuality!

In other words:that anti gay preachers are facing discrimination on the same scale that gays themselves face. And on a scale that we here in the US should give a crap about.

We are all waiting for him to show the evidence of that scale of persecution.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 27 Jul 2017, 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 5:26 pm

This ought to be good.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

27 Jul 2017, 5:30 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

So you are saying that...there are vast numbers of preachers in the world being thrown off buildings and being drown in cages just because they exercised their first amendment right preach against homosexuality!

Wow! Where is that happening?

No, that is not what I am saying. I can provide video of this horror if you'd like and then maybe you'd understand.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 5:32 pm

Who are throwing gays off buildings and drowning them?

Maybe the same people who are throwing other sorts of people off buildings and drowning them.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 5:50 pm

I don't know about most other nations, but, most U.K. nations, if not all, recognize the Church of England as a U.K. government agency; plainly, because it is. As such, some LGBT individuals in those nations (and elsewhere) resent the idea that the government supports an agency which appears to violate the government's nondiscrimination laws protecting LGBT individuals. When two (or more) agencies within a government are at odds with each other's public statements, which should prevail?

Make the CofE independent of the government, and watch the controversy go away.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 6:40 pm

Jacoby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

So you are saying that...there are vast numbers of preachers in the world being thrown off buildings and being drown in cages just because they exercised their first amendment right preach against homosexuality!

Wow! Where is that happening?

No, that is not what I am saying. I can provide video of this horror if you'd like and then maybe you'd understand.

Are you currently doublethinking that the same people who condemn Christian homophobia are fonder of it when expressed by Muslims or other non-Christians?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 6:58 pm

I have not heard of any laws in the United States against saying you think homosexuality is a sin, maybe not something everyone is going to sit down and give you the time of day to hear, but not the same thing as it being 'not allowed.' Trying to impose that on others is where it becomes problematic. Freedom of religion also means people don't have to believe in that stuff, or live by that code....if someone chooses to fine, but it should be by choice not religious bullying/pressuring, threats, or harassment.

Which are certainly tactics that have been used by some christians...for instance Westboro Baptist, that has been known to disrespect private funerals of soldiers killed to scream hateful messages about how its the gay peoples fault the soldier was killed, and god hates gays. Then you have an incident not two long ago where a gay individual was held in a church against his will...beaten, choked and verbally abused by the rest of the congregation. I guess to beat the gay out of him or something, doesnt seem very 'loving'.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 7:44 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:
In some countries, Christian ministers can be put in jail simply for stating what the Bible says about homosexuality.

OMG not you as well :lol: Ok, here's how this thread is going to go (I'm not new to this)

1) I ask you for proof about what The Bible actually says about homosexuality
2) You google, then realise that what you've believed all your life is a lie, a myth, that The Bible says nothing about homosexuality, but you will find one quote from Leviticus which you'll post
3) I explain what Leviticus is, give you some links to educate yourself, maybe ask you to think that if The Bible was really against homosexuality why can you only find one single quote, and so on
4) You'll ignore this because why let the truth get in the way of a good rant, and you'll also ignore me and instead choose to engage with people who believe the same lies that you believe because being ignorant is somehow something that should be enjoyed.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 10:30 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Which countries are those?

Examples please.

Australia is one such example. Can others from other parts of the world add to this list?

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2017, 10:41 pm

rvacountrysinger wrote:

You do of course realise that you have now opened yourself up to being called all sorts of nasty things by those who consider your views to be, shall we say, "retrograde".

Anyway, your point about someone viewing homosexuality as a sin not necessarily hating those who practice it, is a distinction that far, far too many people just don't seem to see, or understand. A person can condemn or disagree with a practice because they believe it to be misguided, for example, and yet not feel any hatred towards the one who does... whatever it is that one is finding objectionable. My own personal example - I hate alcohol. The consumption of it, the promotion of it, and all of the things that are caused by it (like street violence near pubs). I do not, therefore, hate alcoholics. That does not logically follow.