Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

duplin
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2017, 5:06 am

I'm 20 years old. Ever since I was small I have struggled with social interactions. And I am a little clumsy, lacks hand eye coordination,etc. I am from a place where autism awareness of people is close to nil. My parents doesn't even know that something like ASD exists. There are a few autism diagnosis and help centers in the country but they are only focused on children. There are no centers for an adult to get a diagnosis, not that I'm aware of. So a few months earlier I was running blind in my case. I thought all this is a problem with my mentality and if I try harder i might get over it. But as time ran and I tried as hard as I could, since there was no progress, I got really frustrated to the point that I disgust myself for not being able to make friendships, go in front of a crowd, and basically, being the odd one out. Then I accidentally found out about autism and as I dig deeper, I got the feeling that this is exactly what is wrong with me. After I got more insight into ASD I realized that I might have Asperger. But there is no way to conform it, just my judgment. I don't know how I could explain this fact to my parents, who always thought I should overcome these insecurities myself. They think that if I'm unable to get over it it is the lack of my mental strength. So, I decided to keep quiet about this and seek help online. That's why I'm here in WP. I have always been a bright student. Now I'm an undergraduate engineering student. No matter how much successful I'm in academics I fail everywhere else. I have people that I call friends but never was able to build a close relationship with them. I hope you guys will help me to get over with my frustration.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 10:57 am

Hi Duplin :mrgreen:

I wanted to wait until I had read your reply properly before greeting.
May your pursuit into the world of engineering (what kind BTW?) be fruitful.

Don't worry, we will keep your secret about using the site if you don't tell on us either.
There's a lot of useful sub forums like Social Skills and Making Friends, or The Haven if you just feel like venting or airing grievances.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 5:30 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 3:01 pm

Welcome to WP! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

zzzsmokeyzzz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2017, 2:33 pm

Hello!!