Does Neurotribes is worth of buying ?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 11:57 am

I noticed that a Polish translation of this book appeared, I wonder if it is worth buying it, I would like to know more about our Asperger's Syndrome, I'm interested in our sexuality, I would like to know why I am so perv :mrgreen:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 12:13 pm

I have the original American English version that came out a couple years ago. Its a fine book. If you scroll back on General Autism you will see a whole bunch of threads about it.

But its overview of the history of neurodiversity (the discoverers, and the infighting between groups and inviduals). It does talk about the disorders in the spectrum itself, but doesn't go into the kinda thing you're after.

From reading your posts in Adult you seem pretty vanilla to me.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 12:25 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I have the original American English version that came out a couple years ago. Its a fine book. If you scroll back on General Autism you will see a whole bunch of threads about it.

But its overview of the history of neurodiversity (the discoverers, and the infighting between groups and inviduals). It does talk about the disorders in the spectrum itself, but doesn't go into the kinda thing you're after.

I wonder if there is something about sexuality? I heard that many Aspies are asexualists, sometimes I think God why I am not Asexual and I'm not over all that s**t :(

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 2:46 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

I wonder if there is something about sexuality? I heard that many Aspies are asexualists, sometimes I think God why I am not Asexual and I'm not over all that s**t :(

Some are asexual. Some are not.

Havent followed every post you have made, but I had the impression that you wrestled with it for a while, and then realized that you were gay. And then were okay with that.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 3:21 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Some are asexual. Some are not.

Havent followed every post you have made, but I had the impression that you wrestled with it for a while, and then realized that you were gay. And then were okay with that.

But it does not feel good with, because what is this should mean that I am supposed to be some "fag"? :mrgreen:

Not that I would like to offend the LGBT community here, just joking here :D I once even searching on internet, that apparently some American psychologists found therapy how turn bi-sexual or gay intro heterosexual, but i turn that it was a SCAM :(

I wonder does is any link with interest in sex and autism, i found that we aspies and so the ADHDers :wink:
Sometime are interest in sex way to much :mrgreen:

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 3:29 pm

If I were the head of my state, I would legalize not only same sex union but also same sex marriages, but i myself would probably not used it, because it would by in conflict with my personal as well religious believes.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 3:35 pm

I am not an expert. But from being on WP I get the impression that ASD folks not only run the gamut, but go to extremes: asexual, to hypersexual, and everything in between.

Am sure there must be some website with something about autism and sexuality.

But it sounds like you're struggling with things are more cultural than neurological. Your gay tendencies are opposed to your religious upbringing, and stuff like that.

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 3:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
I am not an expert. But from being on WP I get the impression that ASD folks not only run the gamut, but go to extremes: asexual, to hypersexual, and everything in between.

Am sure there must be some website with something about autism and sexuality.

But it sounds like you're struggling with things are more cultural than neurological. Your gay tendencies are opposed to your religious upbringing, and stuff like that.

Yeap, After all, according to the Catechism of the Catholic Church, homosexuality is neither normal nor natural, it is abomination, And this is not just the Catholic Church, but other the Christian churches too :(

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2017, 7:13 pm

Yeah. But your new Pope Francis did say this:

“If someone is gay and searches for the Lord and has good will, who am I to judge?”

So things might change.