Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 4:25 pm

It's not your decision whether the other person should like you or not. It is all up to that other person whether he or she would like you no matter what. The other person could think you are a mix of Stalin, Hitler, and Satan and you should still remember it is up to that other person and not you whether you should be liked or not.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 4:38 pm

True enough.
And if they don't like you,
you don't have to remain in their presence.

Case in point that happened this morning:

Ran an errand then wanted to eat breakfast at a diner. My first choice of a diner was a super-popular place because the food is excellent, so that the only seating available were horrible stools at a counter which for more than one reason was not acceptable to me as an Aspie, so I told the lady in charge that I would rather wait for a table. Long story short, she acted unpleasantly and sour towards me so after waiting a little while for a seat, I ended up finally just leaving the restaurant.

Drove a couple of blocks to another diner which was very similar ... yet very different. This second diner has good food at low prices, had a decent amount of people there, had a booth available ... and many people there were friendly, including the waitresses, and the people eating there. One of the customers was even a Star Trek fan who flashed a "live long and prosper" sign as he left the restaurant, and a bunch of us cheerfully returned his greeting and good-bye. In fact, they were so nice that I complimented the people in charge while giving the waitress a tip. I hope to return soon to this second restaurant. :D