Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 9:33 pm

Yeah. They had a number of prime time kid cartoons (Yogi Bear was Wednesday, Huckelberry Hound was Thursday night- I still remember that from when I was eight). And the Flintstones (we didn't watch them regularly, don't know which night they were). Oddly enough the Jetsons (an afterthought idea inspired by the Flintstones about a future family) was shown on Saturday morning with the other kid cartoons.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 11 Dec 2017, 9:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2017, 9:33 pm

Yeah. They had a number of prime time kid cartoons (Yogi Bear was Wednesday, Huckelberry Hound was Thursday night- I still remember that from when I was eight years old). And the Flintstones (we didn't watch them regularly, don't know which night they were). Oddly enough the Jetsons (an afterthought idea inspired by the Flintstones about a future family) was shown on Saturday morning with the other kid cartoons.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 4:36 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Society still has a hard time accepting that birds are dinosaurs. Society also wants the cultural image of dinosaurs to be like how they are portrayed in Jurassic Park and will use the "It's just a movie!" excuse as a crutch. Dinosaurs are not fantasy or science fiction creatures, they are real creatures.

A couple of years ago, I was browsing YouTube comments. One idiot on YouTube said "Archaeopteryx wasn't real! It was just a prank by a Chinese farmer!"

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

There are so many things wrong with that statement.

1. Whoever made that comment was obviously thinking about Archaeoraptor.
2. Archaeoraptor wasn't a prank. It was an honest mistake by an uneducated Chinese bloke who didn't know any better.
3. The scientific community thought that Archaeoraptor was fake from the get-go. Nevertheless, the National Geographic Society jumped all over Archaeoraptor. This is because National Geographic is a popular science magazine and not a formal scientific journal. Popular science magazines are generally untrustworthy since they rely on sensationalism in order to make money. Meanwhile, formal scientific journals are created by people who are on an honest quest for truth.
4. Even if Archaeopteryx, was a fake, that wouldn't really matter. Archaeopteryx wasn't the only dinosaurian proto-bird. What about Microraptor? What about Avisaurus? What about Hesperornis? What about Icthyornis? What about Confuciusornis? I could go on like this all day. One fake is somewhat understandable. Am I seriously supposed to believe that every single one of these fossils is a fake?

The scientific illiteracy of some people is truly revolting.

no, I'm prettysure he meant the Archaeopterix.
That Chinese farmer was really putting in some effort, burying all those fossils in a Bavarian quarry...

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2017, 5:57 pm

kokopelli wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Around here, they showed The Flintstones at something like 6:30 or 7:00 on Thursday nights back in the 1960s. All the other cartoons were in the morning before school, in the afternoon after school let out, or on Saturday mornings back then.

Creationists view The Flinstones as a historical documentary.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2017, 11:14 pm

Of course. Dinosaurs helped Fred Flintstone build the pyramids.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 4:26 pm

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Birds are dinosaurs.

Therefore, dinosaurs and humans still coexist.

One time, I went to a restaurant and asked for dinosaur meat. The guy gave me fried chicken. He knew what I meant! :D

True, birds are a member of the clade dinosauria.

In fact, all terrestrial vertebrates are members of the Sarcopterygii clade.
This means that we are all lobe-finned fish.

I love Clades.

I wish more people loved clades! :)

We all know that humans and monkeys have a common ancestor ... but was the common ancestor a prehistoric monkey?

That would mean that we are still monkeys!
Of course we're still monkeys.

Order: Primates
Suborder: Haplorhini
Infraorder: Simiiformes
Family: Hominidae

NewTime wrote:
Didn't dinosaurs die out because Noah couldn't fit them on his ark? :lol:
No, they died out because they smoked cigarettes. Dude called Gary Larson outed them. :lol:
kraftiekortie wrote:
It would have been nice to actually SEE one....like Fred Flintstone did.....

Yeah, I honestly wish there was such a thing as Jurassic Park. I'd particularly like to see my fave, the stegosaurus. Long necks too....

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765