Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

mg1729
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jul 2017, 6:58 pm

Hello,

I've just joined this forum.

For a number of years I've been having significant problems in coping with life. In addition to my autism, I suffer from mental health issues - bipolar and anxiety.

Unfortunately, I have not been lucky with my family - they couldn't care less about my problems, and I may as well disregard them completely. I have tried in the past to develop better relationships with them, but I've come to a firm conclusion that my immediate relatives all suffer from personality disorders and are better to be left alone for the sake of my emotional wellbeing.

At the moment I have significant problems managing daily life and getting out of my flat. I believe this is rooted in my autism. I was wondering if anyone here has any ideas on how to manage life as an autistic without family support?

I'm addressing my mental health issues with professional help - my bipolar mania which in the past was causing uncontrollable agitation is now manageable. I'm seeing a therapist once a week to help with my functional problems, but unfortunately I don't think I've been progressing that far with him.

Thanks very much for reading.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:35 pm

I think you have your sub forums mixed up.

You probably meant to post this in "In Depth Adult Life"

And not here "Adult Austism Issues".

Here its "adult" as in "adult" movie (ie obscene,naughty). In the other forum its "adult" as in "grown up".

mg1729
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jul 2017, 9:33 pm

Thanks for letting me know, I'll post it there