Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 7:55 pm

Do you need 2 email accounts these days?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 8:01 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Do you need 2 email accounts these days?

Well I think all you really need is 1, but I have 3 so sometimes it can be useful I have a yahoo and google email that I more use for random stuff and pages I give my email that I am not sure I want to actually continue following. I also recently created a vivaldi.net email, its an internet browser I found but also has an email service which I use for more serious emails and such like for work and I try to keep it as spam free as possible...but the email service also has security to cut down on spam so I dont get a lot of it on that one.

But yeah multiple accounts can help to keep things sorted a bit...like you can have some for less serious stuff and a more secure one to use for more serious matters. Also if you have a kind of ridiculous name for your main email, for job searching and such it can help to have a more neutral email adress, maybe with just your name or something...I mean I have one that is devilchild696 which probably wouldn't be the best for job searching.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2017, 8:48 pm

I have two email accounts. One account is for work related matters and the other account is for personal matters, such as, when I have to give an email address to a service provider, or, a family member or other non-work related person, wishes to be in touch, via email.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2017, 7:37 am

I had a couple, Everquest used to require separate email addresses, but now I've been able to assign my 3 accounts to my main. Also i have a secondary private youtube channel for family members, that requires a separate email account.

Apart from that i use free temporary email addresses when registering for stuff i have no interest in (downloading software, checking online seminars) to prevent spam.

At work i have had 2-3 email addresses just to do my work (different non-connected systems).

I guess i could have 1-2 more accounts "laying around" somewhere that i forgot about (started using the internet in 1994).

RubyWings91
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Aug 2017, 11:32 pm

Britte wrote:
I have two email accounts. One account is for work related matters and the other account is for personal matters...

Same for me

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2017, 11:44 pm

One for work. One for personal. One for online things which will probably sell your address to spammers.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:09 am

About a dozen + 8O

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 12:51 am

I used to be addicted to signing up for email accounts most of which I didn't use. I think I had about 30 or maybe more (talk about excessive).

Now I have 3.

1) Fastmail. Paid account . This is my primary email account. Used for 99%+ of email I send and receive.
2) Gmail . Hardly ever used. A spam repository.
3) Yahoo. Hardly ever check. Not sent email from account in years.

1Biggles1
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 1:14 am

I have them for various reasons. One is my personal, another for online website sign ups, another for an auction site, have several domain names so each needs its own separate email addy's and a bunch for other reasons, prefer to keep them all separate so as i know what emails are meant for what, so to speak

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2017, 12:06 pm

I got one for work, and one private.
Since my private is a gmail, i can get infinite aliases (based on the main name) to provide easy sorting and filtering (i can set a filter to delete all emails send to "myname+weeklies@gmail", place "myname+work" in a folder, and star "myname+tickets".

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:05 pm

I used to have 5 email accounts, they were toooooo much for me to handle, I kept getting confused, I was mixing up accounts. It took me years to close my accounts, I have 3 accounts now, Hotmail, Gmail & Yahoo, I wanted to close my Hotmail, but I forgot the password. I don't use Yahoo anymore, I don't write emails. My Gmail account, I use, but it got alot of spam. I'm on reward websites & sometimes I do surveys. Maybe I need 2 accounts, one for junk emails & for shopping, & second one for websites I can trust like WP & my bank. And getting emails from my family.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 3:14 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
but it got alot of spam. I'm on reward websites & sometimes I do surveys.
That's why.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 10:38 pm

The number of email accounts you need depends on what you need them for. Usually keeping work email and other/personal email separate is best.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Sep 2017, 1:14 am

I have a Yahoo & gMail account. I used Yahoo for everything but had to have a gMail one when I started using an Android phone. I don't use the gMail one for anything really but have it set as my recovery address for my Yahoo incase I forget my password or something gets screwed up. I think it's a good idea to have two email address so you can recover your account easier if something goes wrong with one of em.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 12:19 pm

I have two, as well as a school account. My first one I lost the password to, but whenever I need to fill out an email for any promotions/annoying companies and things like that, I send it there. My second one I use daily, and that is where the important emails go.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 7:06 am

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
One for work. One for personal. One for online things which will probably sell your address to spammers.

THIS.

I've known people to CHANGE e-mail addresses just because of SPAM issues on their personal e-mail. Businesses have to buy expensive software to eliminate SPAM as it's seen as better than reconfiguring their e-mail system to get a clean start.