Page 5 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

adriantesq
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Aug 2017, 4:53 pm

I’m an Esquire of the Royal Division of the United Kingdom and Commonwealth of Nations and qualified in Constitutional Law and Literature, County Surveying, Real Estate Management and Governance, Architecture, Town and Country Planning and all related forms of Engineering, so, visual and scientific by nature.

This makes me prefer the RDOS aspie test http://www.rdos.net/eng/ to the RAADS, as it displays my results graphically, and saves them, so I can go back to check them as often as I like. This lets me compare before and after results when I use a guided hypno meditation session to rewire any neuro-synaptic, electro-chemical, incoming, processing, and outgoing, signal path-ways and net-works in my head, by cognitive behavioural therapy and /or neuro linguistic programming.

By this means, nobody can tell from observing my behaviour that I have Aspergers. I’ve only been using these tests since 2010. I was diagnosed as savant in 1949, with autism in 1950, psychopathy in 1960, and aspie in 1994, but the last was by hypno-regression-therapy, as my parents were dead by then, so the consultant psychiatrist who examined me, was unable to interview them about my childhood development.

When I retired in 2010, I asked the National Health Service for confirmation of the finding of the consultant psychiatrist in 1994, but it was an official secret so he was unable to share his notes with them, or even say what his finding was, and they say they can’t see any aspie symptoms in my behaviour, and they can’t afford to hire a hypno-regression-therapist to do what he did, to conclude I have Aspergers, which annoys me, as my wife cannot get any respite from them for caring for me 24/7/52.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:07 pm

adriantesq wrote:
I’m an Esquire of the Royal Division of the United Kingdom and Commonwealth of Nations and qualified in Constitutional Law and Literature, County Surveying, Real Estate Management and Governance, Architecture, Town and Country Planning and all related forms of Engineering, so, visual and scientific by nature.

This makes me prefer the RDOS aspie test http://www.rdos.net/eng/ to the RAADS, as it displays my results graphically, and saves them, so I can go back to check them as often as I like. This lets me compare before and after results when I use a guided hypno meditation session to rewire any neuro-synaptic, electro-chemical, incoming, processing, and outgoing, signal path-ways and net-works in my head, by cognitive behavioural therapy and /or neuro linguistic programming.

By this means, nobody can tell from observing my behaviour that I have Aspergers. I’ve only been using these tests since 2010. I was diagnosed as savant in 1949, with autism in 1950, psychopathy in 1960, and aspie in 1994, but the last was by hypno-regression-therapy, as my parents were dead by then, so the consultant psychiatrist who examined me, was unable to interview them about my childhood development.

When I retired in 2010, I asked the National Health Service for confirmation of the finding of the consultant psychiatrist in 1994, but it was an official secret so he was unable to share his notes with them, or even say what his finding was, and they say they can’t see any aspie symptoms in my behaviour, and they can’t afford to hire a hypno-regression-therapist to do what he did, to conclude I have Aspergers, which annoys me, as my wife cannot get any respite from them for caring for me 24/7/52.

Thank you for your input. I do like the graph the rdos test provides, but I also like the RAADS-R because I really enjoy comparing the scores to the thresholds.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:13 pm

Sameen wrote:
I did a couple of these tests several years ago, but I've forgotten what the actual
scores were. They were similar to now, though. I'm basically in the middle.

Test taken 1st Aug 2017

Total score 131.0
Language 8.0
Social Relatedness 86.0
Sensory/Motor 20.0
Circumscribed Interests 17.0

Like most people I wasn't sure how to answer some questions. I've had a lifelong
interest in religion. I started with Greek and Roman mythology at about the age of
8 or 9. I used to get books on it from the children's section of the local library, then
I got into Buddhism at the age of 12 and I collected all of the Man,Myth and Magic
part works. I abandoned Christianity (I was baptised C of E) sometime in my 30s
and evolved my own philosophy and I've lately become interested in Taoism.

The thing is, though, I don't study it in an obsessive kind of way and I can get
interested in other things as well, so I don't know if it counts as a circumscribed
interest or not.

Thanks for replying and taking the test! Sorry I couldn't get back to you until now. I find it extremely difficult to tell the difference between a special interest and a "normal" interest, since the term is subjective. I usually consider something a special interest if I get very passionate about it, it brings me this amazing sense of joy, and I spend all day immersed in it (or I wish I could spend all day immersed in it). I should create a test- "Is my interest a special interest" lol (joke :D ). But I do think some sort of scale would be quite helpful :D .

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 9:29 pm

MentalIllnessObsessed wrote:
Test taken August 10th 2017

Total score: 161
Language: 16
Social Relatedness: 80
Sensory/motor: 27
Circumscribed interests: 38

Some of them I am unsure how to answer, but I realize some are based on stereotype answers. Like, not being held/hug for me, is quite the opposite. I want to hug or be held by many people, and it's like a craving for me. So it is a sensory thing, but the opposite that was proposed in the question. But overall, I don't have that many sensory/motor, just like loud/annoying noises, clothes tags, rock back-and-forth, shake hands, just kinda minor stuff. Many of my motor things only occur when I'm excited, which tends to be rare these days.

Thanks for taking the test. I agree that some of the questions are quite stereotypical. :D

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 4:35 pm

It's interesting to see how much people's scores vary. I got two of my friends to take this quiz, and one scored 94 and the other scored 30.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 9:44 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
It's interesting to see how much people's scores vary. I got two of my friends to take this quiz, and one scored 94 and the other scored 30.

#neurotypical :D

I agree it is quite fun and interesting to see how scores compare!

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 6:31 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:

Yeah, that makes sense - considering you made a whole thread for people to do just that. :D

Am I correct in thinking that the threshold is something like 64? Does anyone know what the total threshold score is? :?:

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 8:14 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:

Yeah, that makes sense - considering you made a whole thread for people to do just that. :D

Am I correct in thinking that the threshold is something like 64? Does anyone know what the total threshold score is? :?:

I believe it is 65? I looked at the data table and it said the threshold was 65.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 8:26 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:

I believe it is 65? I looked at the data table and it said the threshold was 65.

Ah right, I wasn't far off then.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 11:33 am

[color=#00b2ff]
Here is my scores, I'll link at the bottom of the post..
----
Scores

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 2:44 pm

Pieplup wrote:
[color=#00b2ff]
Here is my scores, I'll link at the bottom of the post..
----
Scores

Nice :D . Is that pretty accurate? It's a pretty high score!

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Aug 2017, 2:56 pm

I'm screwed.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 2:58 pm

paintmepink wrote:

I'm screwed.

Why are you screwed?

paintmepink
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Aug 2017, 3:04 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
paintmepink wrote:

I'm screwed.

Why are you screwed?

That's a pretty high score is it not? I mean, I can't figure out what to say 90% of the time and when I was on a raft trip in Jasper, people on the boat were asking my family if I was high, if I was ok. I'm apparently so weird that I can't even put on a straight face or normal appearance. I wasn't high and I was just fine.

What I mean is like, is this what Aspergers is?

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 3:13 pm

paintmepink wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
paintmepink wrote:

I'm screwed.

Why are you screwed?

That's a pretty high score is it not? I mean, I can't figure out what to say 90% of the time and when I was on a raft trip in Jasper, people on the boat were asking my family if I was high, if I was ok. I'm apparently so weird that I can't even put on a straight face or normal appearance. I wasn't high and I was just fine.

What I mean is like, is this what Aspergers is?

That is a score above the clinical threshold. Having autism doesn't mean that you are wrong or screwed, though. It's a disability, so it can make "normal" things extremely difficult, but that doesn't mean you are a bad person for having it :D .

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2017, 3:19 pm

What matters is what you can do despite (or because) of your autism.

You are not "doomed." It's a fact that many people with autism succeed despite it, or because of it,