Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 5:58 pm

Sometimes I feel like my life would be better if I just ran away. Me & my partner are close to homelessness anyway what with her being disabled and me being unable to work ( although my GF thinks I can sometimes ).
I have no money so basically I just want to get as far away from where I currently am ( my GF would do better without me ) and live on the streets.

Does anyone else feel like dropping everything and running away?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 6:03 pm

Regularly.
But somehow I doubt your GF would do better without you and living on the street isn't too hot.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 6:22 pm

Raleigh wrote:
Regularly.
But somehow I doubt your GF would do better without you and living on the street isn't too hot.

She's the only reason I haven't attempted suicide again as I think my death ( which she'll blame herself for ) + all the other s**t in her life would be too much. If I just ran away I think she'd fare better.
I know life on the streets is hard but it wouldn't phase me , I already feel like 'the forgotten' so why not act like it.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

oddnumberedcat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Aug 2017, 10:47 pm

I have whims of fantasy from time to time when I feel overwhelmed or like a failure to whisk away somewhere else to start over.

Although, whims of fantasy are all they are; problems will often follow you where you go. I don't mean this in a "you're forever doomed" sense, but more that issues often need to be tackled head-on if possible and accepted/tolerated if not.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 8:04 pm

before college, wanted to run away. my precious lil "parents" had the nerve to compare me to academically smart Chinese daughters. especially in middle school, other students teased and bullied me. a lot. my precious lil "parents" made me start studying for the SAT in third grade and take it in seventh grade. and i had no friends. and i still have no friends.

the first four years of college, i was slowly flunking out STructural Engineering. and ucsd. san diego. was/is so homophobic. and republican. materialistic, superficial.

but now, not in school. 2 years ago my precious lil "mom" dropped dead. where i live is not that homophobic.

besides if i ran away nowhere to run to. no precious lil "friends" will lemmie live with them. then what? homeless? if i were homeless i would be paranoid of getting raped

seriously

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 5:06 am

I do plan to run away. Just in a more structured fashion. I guess lots of people run away all the time in different ways - overseas volunteering, extended travel, long distance hiking, etc.
Maybe one of the less extreme ways might be better than a street stint? I doubt that will actually improve the situation, if that's what you're aiming for.

RandomFox
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2017, 3:01 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
Does anyone else feel like dropping everything and running away?

Yes, I've been getting those thoughts since I was maybe 17 - just run away somewhere warm and be a homeless beach bum. I don't think I could just do it alone though plus now I'm a parent so I built some stability for my child and I will have to keep it all like that for a longer while.
Running away is still a fantasy that comes back in my dreams, but in reality that would mean a really hard life. I guess I could do that when I'm old but in a more structured way - just travelling from place to place, living a very simple life of a wandering Buddhist.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2017, 10:35 pm

Thing to do for running away is make a worksheet of the thing you want to run away from and then list which distance away from it will change which factor of that thing.
Example;
If I run 5 miles, kilometers, away from it that will change the ....
If I run 10 miles, kilometers, away from it that will change the ....
If I run 40 miles, kilometers, away from it that will change the ....
If I run 120 miles, kilometers, away from it that will change the ....
That way you can be sure that you don't fail by not running far enough to succeed, and that you don't waste your time and effort by running further than required to reach your desired goal.

Joe_Winko_From_YouTube
Raven
Raven

09 Aug 2017, 11:40 pm

for me,
definitely. i wouldn't survive if i ran away because i'd have no way to get insulin and i would be dead in 5-8 days. However, my adoptive parents are going to be sending me down south to florida with relatives to live until i get approved for ssi. but if it wasn't for that i surely would. i don't fear the reaper.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2017, 5:58 pm

No, Ferris.

Don't go out in the streets, Sir. Please don't.

You remind a little of this guy named Neil, who is one person who is featured in the set of movies known as "seven-up."

He seemed like an Aspie-type of person, with a little schizophrenia mixed in.

He had it tough for a while---but he was able to succeed ultimately.

He has been on various councils for a long time.

You should Google him.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2017, 9:40 am

I actually do. For years. Yet the reason would be different.

I wasn't a 'failure' or a burden as I could fend for myself. I'm not depressed, I love my family and they love me back. People depends and trusts on me, I have received respect from others. I'm mostly satisfied at the way things are, and we're not struggling in any way. My family and everyone didn't gave me a major obligation that could break me and I'm fine that way. I don't have anything to hide, I'm not putting up a façade, nor had been under pressure.
Yet, I want to get away from them and away from everyone I knew... I always have. Guilt and conscience had always stopped me. It's why sometimes I wish I was cruel and selfish.

I wanna be alone in the world. :lol: I want to disconnect from that tangled social web that I was born into, as it felt like a chain. I want a new life that starts from 0 instead of picking up where I left. I wanna move on from everything.
Maybe I do WANT a hard life just not with others involved.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 6:52 am

I would like to run away but nowhere in the world will satisfy my thirst.
I constantly think about ending my life however I have certain fears about it too.
I feel trapped and it feels like there's no real escape as you can't even know for sure that death is the solution.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 7:57 am

If you run away, run toward something and not just away from something

There is something wrong with everything

Do proper planning

Large risks, large reward

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2017, 8:06 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
before college, wanted to run away. my precious lil "parents" had the nerve to compare me to academically smart Chinese daughters. especially in middle school, other students teased and bullied me. a lot. my precious lil "parents" made me start studying for the SAT in third grade and take it in seventh grade. and i had no friends. and i still have no friends.

the first four years of college, i was slowly flunking out STructural Engineering. and ucsd. san diego. was/is so homophobic. and republican. materialistic, superficial.

but now, not in school. 2 years ago my precious lil "mom" dropped dead. where i live is not that homophobic.

besides if i ran away nowhere to run to. no precious lil "friends" will lemmie live with them. then what? homeless? if i were homeless i would be paranoid of getting raped

seriously

Why is everyone precious lil to you?