Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 8:42 pm

I haven't played Skyrim yet, but I've watched Let's Plays and I love the game. I'd be happy to talk to anyone who wants to talk about it! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 9:18 pm

I love skyrim! it gives you so many things to do(which depending on how I feel is good or bad.) It's a great game, and I would recommend getting it! So come Dovahkiin(Dragonborn) See if you have what it takes to fight dragons! Oh, some advice if you do get it, allies can die, so be careful!

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 9:45 pm

AquaineBay wrote:
I love skyrim! it gives you so many things to do(which depending on how I feel is good or bad.) It's a great game, and I would recommend getting it! So come Dovahkiin(Dragonborn) See if you have what it takes to fight dragons! Oh, some advice if you do get it, allies can die, so be careful!

I'm definitely going to get it soon (hopefully in October or November)! Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin........(or however the song goes :D ). Have you ever tried the DLC where you can build a house? Have you ever married anyone? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 10:22 pm

I have the DLC to build a house, It's pretty neat(except when a giant attacks it...). I have not married anybody in the game yet. I can be rather indecisive when it comes that. The theme song, I just start saying random stuff after Dovahkiin... :D

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2017, 10:33 pm

I've played something like 300 hours of Skyrim. I very much enjoyed the game, certainly much more than its predecessor. It's still incredibly janky as hell, with straight melee combat just never feeling quite right, and magic feeling underpowered unless you fully exploited the systems, at which point you broke the game. It's an incredibly unbalanced game where like its predecessors min/maxing is a dull chore, but necessary at high difficulties as enemies just become damage sponges. To get the most out of it you really have to deliberately avoid playing in ways the game encourages. For me I found a sneaky archer build to be the most consistently fun, but again it becomes stupidly broken once you max the sneak skill. I finished the game and did a decent amount of sidequests, but I restarted my playthrough several times because no matter what at some point you become overpowered to the point where the game isn't fun anymore and it's more fun to do those sidequests you missed with a lower level character.

I am looking forward to the release of Skyrim VR, but I don't have high expectations of it. I want it to be good, but I don't see how it can be without a significant overhaul of how the game works. Particularly in regards to melee combat - melee combat has been done a fair bit in VR and I just don't see how the melee combat in Skyrim can compare favourably to the combat in many cheap indie titles, most of which are at alpha or beta levels of development but still do far more to produce satisfying melee combat. In Skyrim the collision detection is absolutely awful, hitboxes are way off. They would have to fix all that and change all the canned animations - for example will you have the ability to parry or will you need to actually block things with your shield, or will having a shield up block all frontal damage as in the vanilla game? Also there are way, way too many menus in Skyrim to fit well into VR and it seems unlikely based on current footage and previews that they're doing anything to move away from that interface.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 8:43 am

AquaineBay wrote:
I have the DLC to build a house, It's pretty neat(except when a giant attacks it...). I have not married anybody in the game yet. I can be rather indecisive when it comes that. The theme song, I just start saying random stuff after Dovahkiin... :D

Wow, giants can attack your house? That didn't happen in the Let's Play I watched. Dovahkiin, Dovahkinn,................ :D

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 8:45 am

Enigmatic_Oddity wrote:
I've played something like 300 hours of Skyrim. I very much enjoyed the game, certainly much more than its predecessor. It's still incredibly janky as hell, with straight melee combat just never feeling quite right, and magic feeling underpowered unless you fully exploited the systems, at which point you broke the game. It's an incredibly unbalanced game where like its predecessors min/maxing is a dull chore, but necessary at high difficulties as enemies just become damage sponges. To get the most out of it you really have to deliberately avoid playing in ways the game encourages. For me I found a sneaky archer build to be the most consistently fun, but again it becomes stupidly broken once you max the sneak skill. I finished the game and did a decent amount of sidequests, but I restarted my playthrough several times because no matter what at some point you become overpowered to the point where the game isn't fun anymore and it's more fun to do those sidequests you missed with a lower level character.

I am looking forward to the release of Skyrim VR, but I don't have high expectations of it. I want it to be good, but I don't see how it can be without a significant overhaul of how the game works. Particularly in regards to melee combat - melee combat has been done a fair bit in VR and I just don't see how the melee combat in Skyrim can compare favourably to the combat in many cheap indie titles, most of which are at alpha or beta levels of development but still do far more to produce satisfying melee combat. In Skyrim the collision detection is absolutely awful, hitboxes are way off. They would have to fix all that and change all the canned animations - for example will you have the ability to parry or will you need to actually block things with your shield, or will having a shield up block all frontal damage as in the vanilla game? Also there are way, way too many menus in Skyrim to fit well into VR and it seems unlikely based on current footage and previews that they're doing anything to move away from that interface.

Got it. Some of those dragons can kill you in one hit. I didn't know it was coming out on VR- that should be pretty interesting. I'm not sure I have high hopes either :D .

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 9:19 am

AquaineBay wrote:

You should get married, you get better bonuses when sleeping, as well as money from your spouse.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 9:33 am

Chichikov wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:

You should get married, you get better bonuses when sleeping, as well as money from your spouse.

In the Let's Play I watched, the person got married to Jenessa. :D

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2017, 10:40 am

I completed it on Xbox 360 but got the re mastered edition with the dlc on Xbox one and its a great game, one of my main obsessions. I didn't have as much fun playing it as I did oblivion though. But I think the game appeals to aspies well as the scenery, mountains, trees, plants, rivers and buildings are so well detailed for a game, the scenery is beautiful. I'm currently nord level 54 quite far in and have serana as a companion, she makes a good companion until you try sneak and she gives you away. I have fully upgraded death brand armour with multiple cool perks, armour rating of 760 ish I think with fully leveled up light armour skill. I Use no magic only weapons, duel wield fully upgraded dragon bone maces, fully upgraded dragon bone bow too that kills in pretty mutch 1 or 2 hits, near enough indestructible at the moment. Haven't got married or built a house yet but have bought several and adopted a kid for the achievement

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 11:15 am

Roo95 wrote:
I completed it on Xbox 360 but got the re mastered edition with the dlc on Xbox one and its a great game, one of my main obsessions. I didn't have as much fun playing it as I did oblivion though. But I think the game appeals to aspies well as the scenery, mountains, trees, plants, rivers and buildings are so well detailed for a game, the scenery is beautiful. I'm currently nord level 54 quite far in and have serana as a companion, she makes a good companion until you try sneak and she gives you away. I have fully upgraded death brand armour with multiple cool perks, armour rating of 760 ish I think with fully leveled up light armour skill. I Use no magic only weapons, duel wield fully upgraded dragon bone maces, fully upgraded dragon bone bow too that kills in pretty mutch 1 or 2 hits, near enough indestructible at the moment. Haven't got married or built a house yet but have bought several and adopted a kid for the achievement

I love the scenery, especially the water. It's a very calming game, except when you're fighting a dragon lol. What is your kid's name? In the Let's Play I watch, the person adopted a kid called Blaise. I can't believe you have an armour rating that high!

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 11:55 am

I play the ps3 version, I never got through the entire game before. I always went like halfway and then stopped.(I don't know why.)

I am currently playing as a female khajiit, she is level 35 and is level 100 in alchemy! Between the poisons from the potions and my extra sneak damage with my bow, most enemies die in 1-3 hits. That is one thing about skyrim that bugs me, it's too easy to become overpowered!(maybe if I increased the difficulty it will do something.) With 760 armour rating I guess everything deals 1 damage to you.

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Jul 2017, 1:04 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Roo95 wrote:

I love the scenery, especially the water. It's a very calming game, except when you're fighting a dragon lol. What is your kid's name? In the Let's Play I watch, the person adopted a kid called Blaise. I can't believe you have an armour rating that high!

That's one of the main reasons I play it, could stare at the scenery all day, I'm obsessed with natural beauty, like waterfalls, rain, the moon, plants and its nice I can see it all without leaving the house when I don't have time. I adopted a girl called Sofie from windhelm and she lives at one of my houses in riften. I know what kid you mean, I have adopted him on the Xbox 360 first time I played it. 761 is the armour rating. Its because I have maxed out light armour, and with the death brand armour you get a huge armour rating Bonus if you wear the whole set. You can get the armour from isle of solestheim on the dragon born dlc

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2017, 1:17 pm

Roo95 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Roo95 wrote:

That's one of the main reasons I play it, could stare at the scenery all day, I'm obsessed with natural beauty, like waterfalls, rain, the moon, plants and its nice I can see it all without leaving the house when I don't have time. I adopted a girl called Sofie from windhelm and she lives at one of my houses in riften. I know what kid you mean, I have adopted him on the Xbox 360 first time I played it. 761 is the armour rating. Its because I have maxed out light armour, and with the death brand armour you get a huge armour rating Bonus if you wear the whole set. You can get the armour from isle of solestheim on the dragon born dlc

If I get it, I'm planning on getting the legendary edition so it comes with all the dlc. That's an amazing armour rating! I think I've seen Sofie before in the Let's Play. Do you know Lydia? Or Jenessa? You can get them to follow you around- it's pretty cool. It's such a beautiful game. :D

Roo95
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2017, 7:25 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Roo95 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Roo95 wrote:

If I get it, I'm planning on getting the legendary edition so it comes with all the dlc. That's an amazing armour rating! I think I've seen Sofie before in the Let's Play. Do you know Lydia? Or Jenessa? You can get them to follow you around- it's pretty cool. It's such a beautiful game. :D

You won't regret buying it, and good choice on the legendary edition, the dlc is great, I probably wouldn't play it without the dlc. Lydia I have found before on there, the other one I haven't yet. But she is good for helping carry all your stuff and protecting you. I agree, it is a beautiful game, love the chilled music too and how cool the sky looks at night

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2017, 1:19 pm

Roo95 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Roo95 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Roo95 wrote:

You won't regret buying it, and good choice on the legendary edition, the dlc is great, I probably wouldn't play it without the dlc. Lydia I have found before on there, the other one I haven't yet. But she is good for helping carry all your stuff and protecting you. I agree, it is a beautiful game, love the chilled music too and how cool the sky looks at night

I really want to be able to play it with the dlc. I think it will be more fun :D . You can find Jenessa in The Drunken Huntsman if you want to get her to follow you. It's too bad you can't have both Lydia and Jenessa lol. I can't wait to get it! :D